Author Topic: Error trying to run Freespace2  (Read 7946 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Error trying to run Freespace2
Good point. You would have to install OpenAL. But the download Vivienne has includes the OpenAL installer :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Good point. You would have to install OpenAL. But the download Vivienne has includes the OpenAL installer :)

:-) YAY!!!

Vivienne

Offline ShivanSpS

I sorry about all of this problems... I very sure that the new vercion will come which some "surprises" to eleminate any problem like this :D

I sorry about all of this problems... I very sure that the new vercion will come which some "surprises" to eleminate any problem like this :D

Omigod Shivan!! You have absolutely no reason to apologize. If you are the famous Shivan whose files I have downloaded, then I would like to thank you very very much for making this game possible for people like me. You have worked so hard and gave so much of your time. I truly appreciate all that you have done. Any problems were worth it. :-) *And* I had wonderful help solving them. :-)

Thanks to all of you!!!

Vivienne

Hi

Copy the directory then run the launcher. It should set everything up correctly for him :)

I need help!!!! I tried to put it on my grandson's computer. It seems to run just fine but I get no sound. :-( I looked under registry entries and it says SounddeviceAOL string  no sound.

Please can you help me  once again ?

Thanks!!!

Vivienne

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You forgot to run the OpenAL installer right? ShivanSPS did include it in his pack but I'm not certain in which forum (It's a ~600k executable).

IF you still can't find it check here.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

You forgot to run the OpenAL installer right?

Yes - you are right!! I didn't run it. :-( I have now and it asks me to choose between generic software or generic hardware.
What do I pick?  I think it is onboard audio - Sigmatel Audio Codec or something to that effect.

Thanks karajorma for your quick reply!!

Vivienne

Karajorma :

I have sound!!!! I chose hardware and the program told me to choose software. :-)

Thank you ever so much. He has now been playing the game on my computer for several hours and loves it!!!

I am very happy. Thanks so much for your help!!

Vivienne