Author Topic: Inferno: Alliance Released!  (Read 120773 times)

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
Re: Inferno: Alliance Released!
Cause these two are the same, with the former being quite nasty.

:lol:
 ^

:beamz:
        ^

how will somebody survive in the real world if they get offended whenever someone else laughs at something they do?

I get laughed at for stupid stuff i do all the time, and it isn't being nasty, its just funny.  they are my friends, and this a mostly friendly community.  Dark Hunter wasn't trying to be nasty he ust thought it was funny.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
This could be unstickied now IMO.

What's wrong with  my engines?

Oh, I see earlier in the thread it's mentioned but not resolved. Oh well.
I can't get past like mission 4, attack the pirate base. The damn fighters rip my bomber apart in seconds. I try to hide on the other side of the base but eventually the run out of targets and come find me the buggers.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 12:22:25 am by Akalabeth Angel »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Apollo's engines are a known problem. So is balance.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I've found the best thing for that mission is to set difficulty to Very Easy and constantly C-3-9 your wingmen. Use penetrators and Disruptors on the turrets, and don't bother trying to tell which turrets are "on top" because you never will. Just kill them all.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

I've found the best thing for that mission is to set difficulty to Very Easy and constantly C-3-9 your wingmen. Use penetrators and Disruptors on the turrets, and don't bother trying to tell which turrets are "on top" because you never will. Just kill them all.

Oh the "turrets on top" thing isn't a problem at all. There's four large turrets on top of the station. Killing those are the friggin easy.
    Surviving after that is the hard part . . . Basically if any one fighter even looks at you, you're dead. Or at least I'm dead . . .but maybe I'll give it a go on Very Easy.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I ran back to my mothership after taking out the turrets.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
What's wrong with  my engines?

Oh, I see earlier in the thread it's mentioned but not resolved. Oh well.
I can't get past like mission 4, attack the pirate base. The damn fighters rip my bomber apart in seconds. I try to hide on the other side of the base but eventually the run out of targets and come find me the buggers.

That is actually a problem with the pof file's thrusters. I would fix it and upload it but alas PCS2 and me are having problems...
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
You should wait for INFA SA instead...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
You should wait for INFA SA instead...
Which is coming out in... 2010. :P
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Why?

There are 6 missions left and many others need minor changes...why 2010?!? :wtf:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Which is coming out in... 2010. :P

I'm pretty sure it will be out this year, or 2009 at the very latest.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
No, 2009 is impossible.

Blame Snail, he's not working! :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, 2009 is impossible.

Hurr.... Famous last words. :drevil:

Blame Snail, he's not working! :P

I am. Check internal. ;)

I ran back to my mothership after taking out the turrets.

Yeah I tried that a few times, I didnt make it very far. I might try that again . . though I have to restart the campaign. It's not smart playing more than one campaign at once because I forgot which pilot goes where then when I load up one pilot and the wrong campaign I'm hooped.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I hid at the back of the hangar in that mission (parked my fighter there). The fighters spawn in front of me, I blast them before they can turn around. Cheap, yes....but it kept me alive. Only problem is getting out of that hangar before the base blows up.

And oh...I don't know if this is a glitch or something, but the GTD Adrasteia's broadside railgun doesn't fire on the GTD Panopea. (Well, it did fire...and then it stopped when the Panopea was at 10% and refused for fire again. tested on 64x time compression after destroying all the Panopea's guns. Never fired a shot...)

EDIT: it was the stupid 4 turret limit never mind.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 09:28:00 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Santa

• Science fiction and fantasy writer
    • #EZTV
OK, I'm sorry for asking this (I guess I should probably be reading FAQ's and whatnot, but that one doesn't appear to have been updated in ages) - but what's the current status of...things? :P

I played the first release of the Inferno mod way back when...well a few years ago anyway. I was already then a huge (Conflict: ) FreeSpace (2) fan, and I absolutely loved the mod. I've posted in here before, so I may have already said this <.<

Anyway, that is the only mod I've played on FS2. And I'm guessing there's been plenty of developments since then - but I'm mostly just interested in the second part of INF. So let me list a few questions:

1. When is INF2 coming?
2. When INF2 comes, in what order should I play the mods? (Sol: A History, Inferno: Alliance etc..)
3. Do I need something besides the original FS2 to play the mods? I'm guessing that SCP thing would be a good idea...
4. Does any of you know if FS2 (or any build thereof) works under Vista? And/or Vista x64? I'm on Vista 32bit right now, gonna go x64 soon basically because I want to double my RAM (got 4GB, want 8GB).
5. Is there a newsletter / mailing list for Inferno status updates? And if not, why? :P I keep forgetting to check up on progress in here...

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

-SantaBJ
Science fiction concepts on my blog:
http://blogs.myspace.com/sfs_bj

#EZTV@efnet:
< Swuave> Scopophobia is a fear of being looked at.
< Swuave> LOL, i'de like to see someone with that fear.
<@SantaBJ> they wouldn't.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
1. When it's done
2. INFA Releases-INFSCP Releases
3. You don't need the original retail FS2 now
4. Well the SCP releases work on my Vista Ultimate
5. No, because we have the forums for updates

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I'll try to clarify on that.

1. INFR2 is never coming. The Inferno team scrapped the original mod, and are working on a new version, INF SCP. It has the same basic storyline, with cooler graphics, better missions (we hope, and not that the originals were bad) and generally updated stuff.

2. The order in which you should play the mods is really INFA (or INFA Standalone, when it's released), INFA2, INFSCP, INFSCP2, etc.

3. You can play the original INFR1 with a retail FS2 install, but it is suggested that you get the SCP patch, as this fixes some bugs, and it's the SCP, so it automatically makes it better. Not to confuse you, you need the FreeSpace Open .EXEs to use the SCP patch.

4. The general consensus is, yes. Most people are being able to play FS2O on Vista 32 and 64. Post your specs though, so that we can see if you're worthy. (although if you ave 4/8 GB of RAM, I doubt that the rest of your PC lags behind much :D)

5. What he said.

Also, here is clarification on what Inferno is:

INFR1: Inferno Release 1. The original Inferno, released in 2003.

INFR2: The sequel to R1, canceled in favour of INF SCP.

INF SCP: Same basic storyline as INFR1, but uses the improved SCP engine, as well as having many graphical enhancements. Unreleased.

INFA: Inferno Alliance Storyline detailing what happens in Sol after the Lucifer is destroyed. New ships, and  pretty graphics.

INFASA :Inferno Alliance Standalone, does not require any FreeSpace 2 files to run, includes INFA with improved graphics and missions, as well as extended storyline.

INFA2: The sequel to INFA, will run on the INFASA engine.

Sol: A History: Mod by Blaise Russel, one of the finest FREDders alive. Same basic premise as INFA, but from a different person. Many people have trouble getting it to work.

Steadfast/Dreamcatcher: I mention these cause you may hear tell of them in the forum, they are both mods based on INFR1, side stories.

Solar Wars: A buggy piece of ****, not even worthy of the title Alpha Release.

Order in which they should be played: INFA/INFASA, INFA2, INFSCP/INFR1, INFSCP2
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 08:42:05 am by colecampbell666 »
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Santa

• Science fiction and fantasy writer
    • #EZTV
Thanks Woomeister for answers, and colecampbell666 for clarifications ^^

Well now at least I know how things will go when...well, when things are go. Glad to hear that FS2O works on Vista x64, I wouldn't ditch that in favor of the game so I would probably have had to play it on one of my other boxes...and none of them are any good, to be honest <.< (at least not compared to my main box...media server has 2GB DDR2 and a GeForce 7600GS with 512MB RAM, so that would be my #2...)

Alrighty then, follow up questions - is INF SCP a remake of INFR1 that includes the would-be sequel (remake of INFR2), or should we expect an INF SCP2 at some point? I seem to recall someone saying something about the story being longer than is covered in INFR1 and 2, this is why I ask (I *did* see what you wrote in the "order of things" answer..). Next question, saw one of you guys say something about "'it' coming out this year". What is 'it', does anyone have a more detailed status report on 'it' and is this certain? :) I really want some more FS2 action...

Edit: Oh oh, and once again we return to the topic of voiceacting... sorry :P I know a guy who may know some other guys and so on, that might be interested in doing voiceacting work here. Mostly he's just looking for "showcase material", I think this could work. I could certainly ask him. We work together on a few projects over at SciFi Studios (www.scifistudios.com - he's Dave Andrews (also has a profile on IMDB)). I remember someone saying earlier that one of the main problems with including voices was the difference it would make to the size of the mod. Now, obviously this could be a problem with regards to hosting etc. However, would it not be possible to offer it in an "add-on" kind of way? A separate download? As for hosting, I might be able to help out. Know many people with fat piped dedicated boxes... I'm one of them, but mine's no good for hosting unfortunately :p (not yet anyway, gonna get a 100mbit OVH server soon enough).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:10:40 am by Santa »
Science fiction concepts on my blog:
http://blogs.myspace.com/sfs_bj

#EZTV@efnet:
< Swuave> Scopophobia is a fear of being looked at.
< Swuave> LOL, i'de like to see someone with that fear.
<@SantaBJ> they wouldn't.