Author Topic: "My Computer" graphics problems...  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
"My Computer" graphics problems...
Basically I think this says it all:

Any ideas on a fix?

Edit: Adding lvlshot tags.

[This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 12-18-2001).]

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
What...the..hell..
Hmm, if you can somehow get into the folder options, try playing with the settings in there...

Offline USS Alexander

• I 0wn TAP
    • http://www.ngproductions.nl

Originally posted by Thunder:
Basically I think this says it all:

Any ideas on a fix?

I think reinstalling your drivers wil help, but you think that's wierd wait til i let you see mine (now it's working normal) but it has been a month now and it ussely starts naggin at the end of 2 months, for a week.

[This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 12-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by USS Alexander (edited 12-18-2001).]
icq 127261564
www.ngproductions.nl
Tapping I3****

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Which drivers? I don't think folder options will do much good here - I've never seen it happen before untill a little while ago...

Offline Ryx

• Twilight Falling
  • Away in RL land. Back later.
Try the 'views' button.
Intel C2D E6850|4Gb RAM|Abit IP35 PRO|ATI X1900 XT

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Ryx:
Try the 'views' button.
Well (obviously) unchecking the "View as web page" option gets rid of it, but I don't want to have a corrupt windows install...

Offline Ryx

• Twilight Falling
  • Away in RL land. Back later.
I meant the tool bar. You know 'Icons, list, details...' i'm using XP so i can't remeber all options available.

[This message has been edited by Ryx (edited 12-18-2001).]
Intel C2D E6850|4Gb RAM|Abit IP35 PRO|ATI X1900 XT

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
ok, that side bar (or what's supposed to be a side bar) is actually a weird HTML/script/ActiveX page - I'm not sure where it is or what it's called, but it's definitly HTML-based.

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

Know how to use Rhino3D? Want to put your ships into Freespace 2? You've come to the right place!

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

I'm confused here, what exactly is wrong with that image?

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
So I should fish through some of my HTML based stuff and see that it's all installed properly? Sounds like a plan...

And whats wrong with it is that that huge white bar is mean't to run from top to bottom, not left to right.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by sandwich:
ok, that side bar (or what's supposed to be a side bar) is actually a weird HTML/script/ActiveX page - I'm not sure where it is or what it's called, but it's definitly HTML-based.

Yep, it's an HTML extension of the explorer shell, which allows all the funky media preview functions.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Well is there a way to restore this to a Win98 system? I wouldn't know where to look to find out what makes it happen... perhaps a clean install of Windows is the only answer...

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
I agree with Thunder. Normally in this type of "I-don't-know-what-the-hell-is-wrong" problem with Windows, the best solution is to make a back up of anything you think is important then reinistalling the whole Windows.

I recently had a problem where the Internet Explorer window would appear several pixels from the top of the screen. I tried everything ranging from going to the Taskbar Properties to the Display option in the Control Panel and still couldn't find the root of the problem.

I maanaged to solve it but clikcing of things anyhow. Don't ask me what. I'm not too sure either.

------------------
GTD Excellence Webmaster
<                                       [b][email protected][/b]                                                     >
"Be flakked or be square!"

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
7hunder, you shouldn't need to do a clean install... just install over your current version. It should fix any corrupted files, but you may have to reinstall the latest DirectX, system patches, etc.

NeoHunter, the Windows registry has a whole bunch of hidden but useful settings, one of which is the window maximize coordinates. They are XY coordinates from the top left of the screen, and they define what the dimensions of a maximized window is on the computer. It generally comes into play when the taskbar is set to "Always on top" and not auto-hidden, to prevent applications fro covering the taskbar when they are maximized.

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

Know how to use Rhino3D? Want to put your ships into Freespace 2? You've come to the right place!

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
I think there is a "Repair Current Installation" option when you boot up from the CD (or is that a 2k thing?)

Offline The Avenger

• Banned
    • http://www.microsoft.uk
I am Jesus

Offline The Avenger

• Banned
    • http://www.microsoft.uk
thunder, reinstall active x that will fix your problem

------------------
 http://www.avengershome.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>http://www.themodplace.co.uk

http://www.avengershome.co.uk
I am Jesus

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
Thanks for the information, Sandwich.

------------------
GTD Excellence Webmaster
<                                       [b][email protected][/b]                                                     >
"Be flakked or be square!"

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
After a whole load of searching and no luck I can't find the Active X controllers anywhere... can someone put a copy of them up for download along with instructions on where I can put them? This is really starting to annoy me...

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Are ALL folder web views like that?

Have you tried copying the *.htt file from a known good machine? Or deleting/renaming the one that's there? I think Windows will reconstruct it if it's missing.

------------------
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.