Author Topic: Massive list of games to look forward to in 2007.  (Read 5049 times)

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Massive list of games to look forward to in 2007.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1073842430

Something for everyone, broken down by categories, and there are many obscure games which I've never heard of but that look really promising. Oh yeah, the BSG mod for FS2 is in there :):) Good going guys, the screenshot looks awesome (if it's real).

In other news I think someone just swiped my credit card information and is buying **** with PayPal. Unless it's my brother and he didn't bother to tell me.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Re: Massive list of games to look forward to in 2007.
Yes the screenies are real :p
And you missed that the Starfox mod is in there as well :)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Not bad, our three main mods got in there.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Before looking forward for any of these games, I look forward to getting a PC wich can handle them. That already says I'm going to wait a lot. :(

Edit: Okay, call me crazy or anything but everyone take a look at the RTS game called Starship Kingdom. I swear, tell me if arent those Faustus vessels?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 09:01:23 pm by Sarafan »

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
You're crazy

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
At least I'm right about it. :p

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Wow thats a huge list....

Umm....well.  Supremer Commander and C&C3 have tickled my fancy.  If anything can tear me away from IL-2 :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Zuljin

• Cake!
Pretty nice stuff.. I had forgotten about many of the titles on that list that are still due for release. So it seems like there will be enough to take up the majority of my spare time in the coming year :)

Didn't realize there were so many adventure games in the making, definetly looking forward to those.

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Lol, BTRL still takes the cake (and the Pie, and the Cheese) as far as I'm concerned.
BTRL = Awesomeness.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
And the funny thing is, that screenie doesn't have to shame at ALL even surrounded with all those bullshots there filled with HDR, bumpmapping ,shaders upon shaders, bloom, gloom and other stuff made by people who got paid for it.

:)
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Star Trek Online?!
I am a revolutionary.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Nice to see so many adventure games there. That Sherlock Holmes game might be interesting. The Lost Files 2 game from the mid-90s had one of the best plots I've seen in any game.

Many of those FPSs were actually supposed to come out this year but were delayed into next year, resulting in 2006 being a crap year for FPSs. :p

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Hooray for Bioshock!

Offline Maxwell

I think its a respectable showing for Freeware fs2 mods.
I'm also looking at the IL2 spinoffs (That ww1 version would be nice right about now) and Unreal3 based games.

Seems to be something for everyone next year, time to upgrade the old desktop calculator   :sigh:

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Star Trek Online?!

It's damned impressive so far. I can't wait to wander the halls of the Galaxy class, but I do wish they'd lose those silly Elite Force style uniforms...
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Interesting. I'm pretty anti-MMO, but being the trekker I am, this one has caught my attention.

[edit] I just hope it doesn't end up like Star Wars: Galaxies. "Yes, I've saved up for days and I can finally afford a new, better gun! *buys it* Oh wow, it does .02 more damage, fires .00083 seconds faster, and looks exactly like my previous gun. If fact, it sounds exactly like it too. And fires the exact same rounds. Maybe my next gun will be different. *plays for days and saves up, then buys gun* Hmmm, nope. *quits SW:G forever*  :doubt: [/edit]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 03:37:24 pm by Ulala »
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
[edit] I just hope it doesn't end up like Star Wars: Galaxies. "Yes, I've saved up for days and I can finally afford a new, better gun! *buys it* Oh wow, it does .02 more damage, fires .00083 seconds faster, and looks exactly like my previous gun. If fact, it sounds exactly like it too. And fires the exact same rounds. Maybe my next gun will be different. *plays for days and saves up, then buys gun* Hmmm, nope. *quits SW:G forever*  :doubt: [/edit]

QFT

Star Trek Online does look fun though...
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
they listed 3 fsopen mods, amazing :D

glad to see there will finally be some helo sims out there, hopefully theyre realistic.

dispite the fact that id rather not, il probibly find myself playing ragnarok 2 as well.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 07:41:07 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Centrixo

oh dear, rumors of ss3, but this is what kevin lavine thought about EA trying to create ss3 (system shock 3).

One of the reasons I wasn't interested [in System Shock 3] is EA just didn't give a **** about that game. I think if EA were to do it, it would've been just a regular first-person shooter with a boss monster at the end. They didn't see it as big brand and I didn't want that uphill battle.

i hope EA see it kevin's way, i want to see what happens to shodan and the hacker on that shuttle. but then again im going to see what Bioshock is about.

on another note the guys who created ig2 (Imperium Galactica 2). im going to find out about thier new game.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Oh Yes!

OFFLine:
Spore is DEFINITLY on "MUST ABSOLUTELY HAVE, NO MATTER THE COST" list.
Closely followed by Europa Universalis 3 and Sins of the Solar Empire.

ONLine:
Pirates of Burning Sea. AAR AAR! Off to a little Swashbuckling!
Society A MMORTS without fees. Just because it's coming from the Stardock guys.

The rest, I can't care less.

----------------------------------------------
GTD Swiss Pride - Orion Class
Swiss 1st Fleet, Sector 32 - Ore Belt - Sol
----------------------------------------------
"I'm an engineer!"

Eve: Since Beta Phase 2
Civilizazion Fan: Seems like forever...
SimCity Fan: SC 2000 is still the best
TT Fan: Since 1995
Switzerland: Since 1291