Author Topic: Which is better, XP or Vista?  (Read 6839 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Re: Which is better, XP or Vista?
I read in Maximum PC that Microsoft's new EULA says that you can only install it on ONE machine. Period. It's enforced through product activation, which means that if you upgrade your system too much, you'll need to buy a copy of Vista.
Nah, a call to MS support should sort it out...

Im siding with neoterran here, Vista is a super large jump over XP. Goober, quite frankly, you're coming off as a bandwagonner n00b by simply bashing him the way you did.

I actually don't particularly care whether XP is better than Vista or vice versa.  I had two points that I wanted to draw attention to: the arrogant attitude that his posts appeared to have, and the fact that he initially based his claim of Vista superiority solely on graphics.  Now that those have been brought to light and addressed, I don't have anything else to add. :)

If his post was arrogant, it was likely because of the cocky (Not to mention dodgy) remarks from Wolfen.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'll move to Vista when I want to use a program that requires it (maybe Crysis or something), just as I did with XP. I don't see any reason to switch until then.

the DRM **** still worries me.

i want it gone.

HAHAH Gone?! It's only going to be getting much worse  :ick:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Centrixo

Ummm. windows... windows... windows, i knows its history and past, there once was an emploee that worked in Linux his name was bill gates he stole ideas and went to the usa with them. he then started a platform based on linux and decided to call it dos and from there he stole yet more ideas like a perfect example is, red hat. after red hat's launch he thenstole that and windows 3.1 was born. after a crude and somewhat good start with 3.1 he then made a few improvments and called it windows 3.11, soon enough 3.11 became obselete.

Windows 95 was born soon after, with a lookalike version of a now outdated red hat version of Linux he did a few addons and called it windows 98 with this in mind, he went on to make more improvments to the networking side for buisnesses and Windows NT was born. windows 98 was getting on and full of crashes, he then made a few more tweaks and launched windows 2000, after all this he still wasnt happy so a few more tweaks and a problem with overall reliablilty windows xp was launched. with yet more tweaking, windows vista was launched.

I dont know what this fan n00b thing is about, but windows is a crappy copy of linux. i know it but linux dont run games as good as windows does because linux was built for buisnesses and not games :blah:. if linux was more universally popular and computer game manufacturers like EA or 2K saw this and created games under the linux banner, i would have absoutly no problem swiching to linux.

Oh btw one more thing with linux you can change the core settings as opposed to windows where your given a setting and windows changes it for you, if you tried to edit any core settings and you went on the internet windows will know, because it takes download of a file when your still connecting to the site telling windows the exact state its in. otherwords all this firewall stuff is basically useless as windows can take any file off your machine without your knowledge.

@Unknown target, there is a file called Licdll.dll thats the file and your activation, theres an easy way to overrun this during installation, so either way you can get this on 2 machines easy. so i dont see why windows vista cant be done with 2 machines witch makes the security statements above obselete.

Go ahead make my day, but if you want to condem each other and you dont want to fly in the flak, il do it.

Im now ready for any death threats, mail bombs and insults. and i know im not talking crap this time :).
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Talk about fanboism to the extreme.  :rolleyes:

First off Windows was "born" between Microsoft and IBM (their OS/2).

Second isnt 3.1 much older than linux? I believe so, so DOS is much much older than linux.  (Besides MS bought DOS)

Third NT wasn't an improvement over 98 engine, it was totally seperate (neatherdals vs humans), while you might see common code, the layout is very different.

Forth with early linux, the GUI was nowheres near early windows.

I think your mixxing up LINUX with UNIX? and thats a whole nother game.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
This topic is so full of **** even pigs wouldn't find their way out.

Offline Centrixo

windows is linux, now you are a fanboy. good. thats one.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline neoterran

This topic is so full of **** even pigs wouldn't find their way out.

Well, it's getting that way now. Unfortunately Taristin is right, my posts came off the wrong way because I was replying too aggressively to wolfen, and I didn't phrase myself eloquently enough in the beginning, and then goober took what i said the wrong way and upset me,  and then point, counterpoint, and then a linux fanboy...thread crappage.

As far as the comments made about Vista's EULA : Actually it is better than XPs. You can buy a copy of Vista once; and you can move it to as many different PCs as you want, as long as you only have one copy activated at one time and never more than one. Also you can do stuff like upgrade the mobo and parts of the system without it freaking out as much as XP.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"