Author Topic: SOC Fleet  (Read 7259 times)

will it be in INF SCP? or maybe u intend to make an additional  campaign which will focus on SOC? and if so which ships will be included? all from R1 or some will be scrapped/added?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Scrapped, though some of the ships are in the normal fleet.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Like the Solaris, right?

You don't talk so much about SOC warships.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I still have my eyes on the SOC fighters and bombers btw. But I know I'll have to wait really long for them to be released in a proper form. :(

On a similar topic, one of my objections on heavily-armed fighters is the use of more than one gun per barrel... particularly on fighters like the Horae, I think the Horae had it the worst. It's got eight guns, but it looks as if you're only firing four. I can only hope that INF SCP's Keres doesn't have that. :sigh:

My two cents :)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It does have two guns on a barrel. We could go and pester Slick to change that. ;7

And many of the SOC ships will be in the archives. (me 'n' archives)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Haha.

:sigh: The more I say it, the more I want those ships (so that I can stop using the R1 versions as placeholders in what I'm doing), but I'd rather wait until they get better DH maps and cockpits. Speaking of which, I haven't touched FS2 in a while... no idea as to what I should edit next.

Pester Slick? Nah, I'd rather play the patient game (of course not too patient) - we all have a life, don't we? :lol:

edit: If a HTL Horae ever gets made, I'm thinking the gun positions should be reverse to the Chaos... the Chaos gun positions are an upside-down "U"-shape, right? Perhaps the Horae's gun mounts should be an upright U... or... or... something... :blah: <---- clueless

edit2: Nevermind, I'll come back later when I can think straight...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 05:29:29 am by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'll pester Slick.

SLICK! COME HERE AND HIPOLIFY THE KERES! NOW!!!

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Right, I'm back after a good NFSC workout in the Zonda F. So what did I miss? :lol:

One of the things I find odd about the Keres is the two... "fins". But those vertical fins are an attribute of almost every Terran craft... to me, it's like, it makes docking on the "ground floor" impossible... Unless they park the bombers (like the Medusa/Artemis/Boanerges/Ursa) on the ground floor, and the fighters on the upper floors?

But removing those fins would make the Keres very similar to two particular fighters in aldo's dumps... The big ones with four huge gun barrels... ahwell, I forgot their names (and they could use many small barrels as opposed to four huge ones IMO).

As for Horae gun position. How about two left, two right, and four below the cockpit, replacing that... that huge red thing there? Missile rack remains above the cockpit? Or if Hurricane rockets don't exist anymore, then swap the positions of the missile rack and the four bottom guns? Since Hurricanes still demand gunlike aiming, so the gunpoint position can't be too far from the player viewpoint...

:confused: :nervous:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Snail

• SC 5
WTF is that red thing anyway?

Sooo... why should I work on the SOC ships if they're scrapped anyway?
3.2 GHz P4
nVidia GeForce 7800
1 gig RAM

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Simple. Because Steadfast uses SOC stuff.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Forgive my ignorance... but what is Steadfast? (I'm guessing it's an INFR1 campain?)
3.2 GHz P4
nVidia GeForce 7800
1 gig RAM

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The first full Italian campaign for FS2 SCP.
=
the team is Italian,not the language used in the campaign.

Actually it's an INFA/INFR1 campaigns with even other mods.
The Lightblue Ribbon

I'm using 'em too, though the SOC really plays something of a supporting role in Dreamcatcher.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
[off topic]Vasudans need a bigger role in campaigns, IMO. I mean, practically all campaigns leave out Vasudans. Unless they're baddies, like in Dreamcatcher.

So c'mon people, VOTE VASUDANS for LEAD!!!

Okay, a little off topic, but you know.[/offtopic]

Anyone using the SOCv Occulus? I liked that one.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
WTF is that red thing anyway?

No idea. I always thought of it as a reactor of sorts...

IMO the SOC fleet could've been a good idea to flesh out, if R1's story was still in effect. Other than the fact that, hey, the ships are there but they're not being used. Surely other modders would be able to find uses for the archive ships? Like some of you guys, I too have found a use for them (particularly the fighters in my case), but the problem with them is the poor quality of the DH textures, and the lowpolyness of the POFs (not up to current standards). Not to mention that there are other SOC fighters not seen in R1, but that's a different story... :( I looked at the Horae in Modelview in wireframe mode and the guns looked like they were somewhat stuck on... :shaking:

It'd be a great help. :) Sure, I might be able to tolerate playing a mod that has both HTL CP'd and lowpoly fighters in it, but it's not uniform, and I feel that it detracts from the mood that the mod is trying to set. (I assume you Steadfast guys were forced to use the lowpoly stuff too?)

Which Occulus? The one with the two spinning AWACS dishes? :confused:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, the one with the AWACS thingies. It could use map reduction, though.

Offline Dysko

I assume you Steadfast guys were forced to use the lowpoly stuff too
We are mixing HTL and lo-poly stuff: the HTL stuff are the ships from FS2 and INF:A (as long as you have the HTL pack) and some downloaded from HC, the lo-poly stuff are the INFR1 ships.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Ah, that corvette. I have it, but I have yet to find a use for it. But what I'm doing has got nothing to do with the FS storyline (something like what Vengeance is doing, only difference is I can't model. :( :( :()

@ Darth Dysko

Point taken. Having better versions of the INF R1 ships would probably make your campaign more polished?  :( :)

To be fair, I don't mind having to bear with lowpoly capships (if only to a certain extent - I'm using quite a few HTL capships too), my concern is more on what the player can fly.
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Dysko

@ Darth Dysko

Point taken. Having better versions of the INF R1 ships would probably make your campaign more polished?  :( :)

To be fair, I don't mind having to bear with lowpoly capships (if only to a certain extent - I'm using quite a few HTL capships too), my concern is more on what the player can fly.
I agree with you (and who wouldn't? :)), it would be extremely cool to have all ships HTLed. If only I could use SketchUp in the way SLICK does... :(
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it