Author Topic: When the Shivans 1st attack, what class of ships/Missi have the GTA and the PVN?  (Read 2828 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

When the Shivans 1st attack, what class of ships/Missi have the GTA and the PVN?
Yeah, In my campaing Im not sure of what ship class to use on it, because by the looks, the GTA have very little class of ships in service, for example, the GTA dont have a Bomber? I sure that i can say that the Athena is deployed in small numbers, but what missiles going to use? MX-50 and Furys?! Ok, FS port also incluides some older missile class, so i can use them...

The Mayor problem here is apears that both GTA and PVN dont have a history? hahaha, their just apear there which those ships... and the older ones? xD! The only reference to an older one was the Angel.

Anyway, we can make a list of ships availible for the GTA and PVN?...

I thinking about this...

GTA:
-GTD Orion
-GTC Fenris
-GTC Leviathan (in small numbers)
-GTF Apollo, the common fighter
-GTF Angel, decommised, only in use for scouts squadrons.
-GTF Valkyrie, in final steps of the field tests.
-GTB Athena, in final steps of the field tests, already deployed in small numbers to Bomber Squadrons (?)
-GTB Medusa, Prototype.

PVN
-PVD Typhon
-PVC Aten
-PVF Anubis
-PVF Seth
-PVF Horus, in final steps of the field tests.
-PVB Amun (Main Bomber vs destroyers, the older one)
-PVB Osiris

I not sure what to think... unless i wrong which the Medusa.... the GTA dont have Bombers? WTF!

I accept in advice, I whant to keep the timeline, my camping starts 2 weeks before the 1st Shivan attack and finish some days later...

Offline Kie99

Re: When the Shivans 1st attack, what class of ships/Missi have the GTA and the PVN?
The ships are in service, you're just not allowed to fly them.  I doubt all those ship classes were made available in the few months  in which FS1 takes place, the same goes for the missiles.  IIRC the only ships and missiles which come into service during FS1 are the Harbinger and Ursa, so you can use whatever you like really.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Re: When the Shivans 1st attack, what class of ships/Missi have the GTA and the PVN?
We're never show if they have bombers or other ship classes, but it would be most likely that they do have older bomber, cruiser, fighter classes, etc, after all that was a 14 year war, the GTA couldnt have possibly fought it all the way with only the Apollo.

Offline ShivanSpS

Re: When the Shivans 1st attack, what class of ships/Missi have the GTA and the
no, Hornets, Interceptors are new, the Stiletos too, and also the Hercules, (remember that has been the Hercules who "won" the Great War).

The Valkyrie enters in service in the Mc Carty mission, the Medusa enters in service for the mission to destroy those Harmmer of Light freighters, along which the Tsunami and Phoenix V. The Athena... well I think she was already in service, because the Command say "New Tech: Athena Bomber", but their only say that "the Athena is our most manureable bomber, it carries masive payload, and yet in dogfights... etc"

Offline ShivanSpS

We're never show if they have bombers or other ship classes, but it would be most likely that they do have older bomber, cruiser, fighter classes, etc, after all that was a 14 year war, the GTA couldnt have possibly fought it all the way with only the Apollo.

Thats what i mean... the Vasudans have the Anubis, the Seth and 2 bombers... and GTA only the Apollo and a decomissed recon fighter? I think that my askwer is that the Terrans also have the Athena.... but even so... the Athena uses Furys as bombs? lol :P The same for those two Vasudan bombers :P, al least I have older Vasudan Lasers and misiles in FS1 port to use them :P

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I'd say that at the time of the attack what you have is the top of the GTA/PVN technology, ships like the Hercules, Medusa for example were probably only at a developing stage and were hurried to be finished because of the situation.  Any other older ships would've been useless against the shivans so they werent deployed.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
You guys really are forgetting about the bomber class of apollo that's in the intro of fs1. My take is that the apollo was a design that worked great with modifications. The apollo had a space superiority fighter class, and it had a bomber class. That's a great overall ship design if you can modify a fighter to be a bomber class, or modify a bomber into a fighter class.
Anyway, as how with someone made the angel scout fighter, someone should make an apollo bomber class ship.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline ShivanSpS

You guys really are forgetting about the bomber class of apollo that's in the intro of fs1. My take is that the apollo was a design that worked great with modifications. The apollo had a space superiority fighter class, and it had a bomber class. That's a great overall ship design if you can modify a fighter to be a bomber class, or modify a bomber into a fighter class.
Anyway, as how with someone made the angel scout fighter, someone should make an apollo bomber class ship.

The problem is this... if the only that we have to use as bombs are Furys... then even the Angel is a bomber...

Furys are good to shoot down cruisers like Atens and Fenris, and destroy turrets, so we need a ships which large missile capacity... and here comes the Athena... I have the suspect that the Athena was already in service as a bomber for the GTA, because the command briefing of the mission only say "the Athena is our most maneuverable Bomber", they don't say anything about is "new" like what happen which everything else...

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
We're also forgeting that before the Great War the major battles were decided by the capital ships so the fact that there werent many smaller ship classes didnt matter much.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Um, Sarafan, where are you getting THAT idea?  I've never it seen it referenced that capital ships did most of the work during the 14 Year War.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I dont remember exactly where but I'm sure I saw that, but it was a long time ago since I played FS1 so I could easily be wrong.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actualy you are right. Most of the battles in FS1 were dedided by the big ships with the fighters providing more of a support role for the cruisers and destroyers. This can clearely be seen by the lack of any aaaf weaponry on the big ships and cruisers. Also while cruisers were rather important in Fs1 most of the major battles were decided by the big ships such as the Orion with the cruisers providing asistance. Well at least till they got shields and decent bombs to fire from the bommbers.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
I don't know about the Terrans, but the Vasudans used fighters to cause serious damage to capital ships. Has everyone forgot the kamikaze wings?
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I don't know about the Terrans, but the Vasudans used fighters to cause serious damage to capital ships. Has everyone forgot the kamikaze wings?

Yes, but thats because the Vasudan tatics are more of the swarming type, the Anubis for example, a cheap fighter wich can easily be mass produced, taking into account that capital ships dont posses decent AAA weaponry yet, great numbers of these can shred a cruiser easily, for heavier ships like destroyers they would use kamikazes.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Some things to think on:

1) Without shields, bombs would be just as likely to destroy their firers as anything. Ever shoot down the Unknown bombs in the Galatea asteroid mission? Eeg.

2) It could be strongly posited that the stuff the player has access to in the first few missions of FS1 is not everything the GTA had at the time. Remember in FS2 you had to work your way up to the clearance to use something like an Erinyes and Kaysers, I'd imagine it was similar in the waning days of the T-V War. (E.g. the Phoenix missile series; I wouldn't think they would have let it drop for several decades and then randomly restart it. I would guess the IV and maybe the III were in use in the war.)
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I've got a few TV-time weapons. Such as the dumbfire swarm Obliderator to use on capital ships. I also got turret upgrades (which make it impossible to do a bombing run :doubt:) if you're interested.

:)

Offline ShivanSpS

2) It could be strongly posited that the stuff the player has access to in the first few missions of FS1 is not everything the GTA had at the time. Remember in FS2 you had to work your way up to the clearance to use something like an Erinyes and Kaysers, I'd imagine it was similar in the waning days of the T-V War. (E.g. the Phoenix missile series; I wouldn't think they would have let it drop for several decades and then randomly restart it. I would guess the IV and maybe the III were in use in the war.)

thats is in FS2... in FS1 no, in every new ship/weaponry, command say is "new" in everything except the Athena... remember that the only early new tech was the Athena, Valkyries, stiletos and the Avenger.

There is likely that the Athena was already in service, so I will support that theory, Valkyries was completed and "first" deployed against mccarty, this is also named in FS2, the Stiletos have shields, and everyone knows the history of the Avenger.

And for the bombers... Well the Vasudans ones will carry a Vasudan older version of the Phoenix, Fighters will have only Fury, ML-16 and disruptor for Terrans, VLL-9 Vasudan Light Laser, ML-16 and fangs for the Vasudans, The Athena will use Furys and MX-50 as bombs, but I also thinking in give them an older vercion of the Phoenix.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Athena can't carry the MX-50.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline ShivanSpS

you right :P

Anyway I just created the Phoenix IV :P I having some fun making this :P.

I have to decide of what .pof use for it... I think in the Disruptor or the Synaptic, both of them can be carried by the Athena, but I choice the Disruptor one, because the Snaptics looks too damn BIG for the Athena missile bays.

P.D. I like to read the devs notes on the weapons.tbl :P haha, you always found something xD.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 01:48:22 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Actualy you are right. Most of the battles in FS1 were dedided by the big ships with the fighters providing more of a support role for the cruisers and destroyers. This can clearely be seen by the lack of any aaaf weaponry on the big ships and cruisers. Also while cruisers were rather important in Fs1 most of the major battles were decided by the big ships such as the Orion with the cruisers providing asistance. Well at least till they got shields and decent bombs to fire from the bommbers.

The lasers on capital ships were significant AAAf defenses for tackling fighters and bombers - bear in mind the capship armament was never upgraded in turn as shields, bombers and bombs were being introduced, before that point they had all the defenses they needed.  If the capships had lacked AAAf, it'd be common sense for the enemy to use fighters/bombers against them - ergo capships had to have AAAf defenses (the only thing is that they were proportionate defenses at the start, not at the end, of FS1).