Author Topic: Joystick axis configurable like buttons? (other games do it)  (Read 1155 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Joystick axis configurable like buttons? (other games do it)
Anyway to make fs2 register an axis as a button? Such as i me using sliding the secondary joystick on my gamepad all the way backward to use afterburners. I've since retired my xbox360 controller with xbcd to change my secondary joystick y axis into two different buttons so i could register them in fs2 as functions for pulling back on the stick for afterburners, and pushing forward on the stick to come to a dead stop.

And no i'm not interested in using something like controlmk to map fs2 controls to my gamepad. Gamepad profiling software that must sit in memory as an active program just sucks. Gravis gamepad utility was never like that, you  make the changes, then you close the program, easy like. But, i no longer have my gravis, nor xbox360 controller, logitech wireless rumblepad 2 it is, and the logitech configuring software blows. I mean using a second program to do what fs2 already does (mapping controls to a device) is redundent. The only functions fs2 registers an axis for a function is for left, right, up, down, and rolling your craft, even throttle.

Could this be expanded? Like i said i would like to configure the secondary joystick by pulling down to do the afterburners and so on. Being able to assign an axis to any function in the game would be awesome.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.