Author Topic: Freelancer  (Read 4989 times)

Its a very fun game and I enjoyed the story. The character models could use some work though. I must say it has extreamly low replay value though. Once you finished it your not gonna want to redo it that much

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I hope this is a good thread to post this question: better Freelancer or Starlancer?

IMO Starlancer, Freelancer is good but after you finish it you wont play it for long, what's the point of it anyway?

That last mission was a pain.  I did beat it eventually.  Just gotta realize that despite what the screen might tell you, you don't have a choice in what ship you're flying.  You must have the one with the cloak, or you're toast.

And that is way there are editors that make it possible for you to get cloak on a Phoenix. :D

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I thought Freelancer was (had) a 2 player mode?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

It has a multiplayer kinda MMO-like mode, sure. I don't know if you could play it co-op, but it seems likely.

Be nice to get together about forty people and co-op the campaign. You'd outnumber the enemies a lot of the time.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

It has a multiplayer kinda MMO-like mode, sure. I don't know if you could play it co-op, but it seems likely.

Be nice to get together about forty people and co-op the campaign. You'd outnumber the enemies a lot of the time.

To be honest, that - and possibly bunging in a few mods for my personal use (:D)* - would be the main things of interest for me.

*the annoying thing about FS2 modding is that any ship (etc) you make is pretty useless unless some makes missions with it
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 09:30:57 am by aldo_14 »

I believe there was no co-op, but you could fly around and get jobs and make money, and shoot other people down, and that was about it.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Freelancer rulez, it was my first real space game.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
And for that I pity you...:p

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It's not a bad introduction to the genre. You could be playing Super Wing Commander.

EDIT: Err, important words missing or screwed up.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:37:55 pm by ngtm1r »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I recently dug out my copy of Freelancer, could anyone recommend any good mods for it (links too if possible)? Only SP ones please.