Author Topic: WTF...  (Read 4925 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Yes, I saw this yesterday. The game could be fun, but the graphics look pretty lousy for a game that's been in development for 10 years. :p

Offline Centrixo

i cant wait for the next installent of duke nukem.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
I wonder if it's going to be released this decade...
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
Yes, I saw this yesterday. The game could be fun, but the graphics look pretty lousy for a game that's been in development for 10 years. :p

aye, 200*125 pixels is just about enough to judge the graphics of a yet-to-be-released game. I agree wholeheartedly.

i cant wait for the next installent of duke nukem.

obviously you can, because, uh, you have so far.

srsly thgh, I figure I've gotten myself a new computer by the time the requirements for dn4 gets known :)
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
aye, 200*125 pixels is just about enough to judge the graphics of a yet-to-be-released game. I agree wholeheartedly.

Click on the picture to get the other screenshots.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I'm still skeptical.  :doubt:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline neoterran

Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Looks like it will become a flop of Daikatana-like proportions on the off chance it ever get's released.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath

Huh? If this is a real screenshot, then we're talking Oblivion/Crysis level polycounts. Look at the lighting, the model, the details - I would say it looks pretty damn good. Granted, it looks kind of plasticy, but that's a design choice. Technically, if the above is representative of the final game, and the final game comes out sometime in 2007, hats off the 3D Realms. I would imagine that the biggest problem with developing a game for like 9 years is keeping the grahpics fresh over multiple generations of hardware and software, and the admitedly tiny screenshot looks good to me.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Are you totally sure that's not an action figure?

Offline Falcon

Are you totally sure that's not an action figure?

ur a noob

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

Huh? If this is a real screenshot, then we're talking Oblivion/Crysis level polycounts. Look at the lighting, the model, the details - I would say it looks pretty damn good. Granted, it looks kind of plasticy, but that's a design choice. Technically, if the above is representative of the final game, and the final game comes out sometime in 2007, hats off the 3D Realms. I would imagine that the biggest problem with developing a game for like 9 years is keeping the grahpics fresh over multiple generations of hardware and software, and the admitedly tiny screenshot looks good to me.

I'm talking about this: http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/duke4/Duke+Nukem+Forever/

There are more of them. Although now that I think of it, they may be ones from the previous engine. I forgot that this game has been in production so long that they changed the graphics engine twice. :p

Offline Falcon

Yes, those other screen shots are from 2001.

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Thrice, at least.

Half-Life engine (which is modified Quake 2) to Unreal engine to Unreal 2 engine to, last I heard, Unreal 3 engine. I'm holding out for a Crytek-engine powered DNF sometime in 2009.

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de

Click on the picture to get the other screenshots.

that's the only *new* screenshot, the picture is unclickable, and the last time they posted screenshots was years ago.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If this game appears in the next two years I'll reinstall Battlecruiser 3000AD. :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Of course, it's worth noting the 'screenshot' is a GIf, and hence will inevitably look pish.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Of course, it's worth noting the 'screenshot' is a GIf, and hence will inevitably look pish.

not to mention that for the size it's at, you'll lose a LOT of detail, or hide the fact that there's barely no detail at all. it works both ways.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------