Author Topic: Can't start Fsport after selecting pilot  (Read 3617 times)

Can't start Fsport after selecting pilot
After a select a Pilot the game just crashes and gives me this:

Error: Could not load in main hall mask '2_MainHall_Galatea-m'!

(This error most likely means that you are missing required 1024x768 interface art.)
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\MenuUI\MainHallMenu.cpp
Line: 1106
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using SCP 3.6.9 and downloaded and extracted all the files to fsport directory in my main freespace 2 directory, whats up?

Seether00

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Re: Can't start Fsport after selecting pilot
Did you select your FSPort folder in the launcher?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Yes I did.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Picture of your FSPort folder?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Neb

I'm having the same problem.  Here's a screen of my FSPort folder:

Offline Neb

Here's a copy of the error message I'm getting:

Error: Could not load in 2_MainHall_Galatea-m!

File: E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\MenuUI\MainHallMenu.cpp
Line: 994

Call Stack:
------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------

I've been playing FS2 for the first time, and its awesome, but I'd love to play the first one before delving too deep into FS2's storyline.  I really need help  :confused:

Offline neoterran

showing the directory tree structure in your screenshot and using details view would be a lot more helpful
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

showing the directory tree structure in your screenshot and using details view would be a lot more helpful
QFT!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Take another look at the error message.  Specifically, this part:
(This error most likely means that you are missing required 1024x768 interface art.)
Which means, naturally, that you need to download the 1024x768 interface art.  Here's the link:
http://www.scifi3d.org/downloads/fsport/releases/sparky_hi_fs1.zip

Offline Neb

That fixed it.  I went back to the main downloads page, and I guess I just missed it because I'm a moron.  Anyway, the missions seem to be working fine now.  I do have one more question.

I have the cutscenes in .avi format sitting in my FSPort folder (the mod folder).  According to: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/movies.html , they should play fine from there, but I'm not seeing any of the movies as I play the game (intro included).  Of course, I've never played the game before, so I'm not really sure when the movies would normally play.  Do I need to move them somewhere special, or somehow direct the Launcher at them?  (The laucher is already pointed at the FSPort folder).

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
As far as I know, 3.6.9 still has .avi cutscene format built into it (although that will be removed in future versions in lieu of the new Theora files).  Have you tried using the .ogg cutscenes?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Actually, Neb, you are somewhat excused, because you are running an older build that didn't yet have the 1024x768 hint in the error message. :)

But it does indicate that you're running an older build.  Try downloading the 3.6.9 stable release and running that.

I have the cutscenes in .avi format sitting in my FSPort folder (the mod folder).  According to: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/movies.html , they should play fine from there, but I'm not seeing any of the movies as I play the game (intro included).
Sounds like you did almost everything right.  The problem is most likely that you don't have 3.6.9.  If you download 3.6.9 and it still doesn't work, try moving the .avi files to fsport/data/movies, instead of fsport/.  If that doesn't work either, try replacing them with the .ogg movies, as Mongoose suggested.

Offline Neb

That was it.  I remember that when I came by the site for the first time a few days ago, the links to the most recent build were down, so I went to an older one. 

Anyway, I just want to say, that the work you guys have done is absolutely incredible.  I just got off a binge of playing TIE Fighter, and someone recommended the Freespace 2 Open Source Project, and The Freespace Port.  Thanks a bunch!