Author Topic: FreeSpace SCP DVD ISO Now Available for Download (New Mirror Posted!)  (Read 35175 times)

Re: FreeSpace SCP DVD ISO Now Available for Download (New Mirror Posted!)
well if you set up the scp right (mediavps are in a separate folder) and you don't use any commands  you will get exactly the same results as the original game.

Re: FreeSpace SCP DVD ISO Now Available for Download from Filefront!
you can google it for a download (the version included on the DVD is a bit older)

hip63 :P

I don't understand why you wouldn't use the online installer, from what I know, its contents are all fully updated. Plus, it downloads the complete package, including retail. If you cannot access the internet on the computer your trying to put it on, you can just download it zip it and copy it to dvd ( YOU CANNOT JUST PUT THE FILES RAW ON THE DVD, IT WILL SCREW UP THE GAME! ). Although if you just want to download the files directly, the mirrors heres the links below. Note: You don't need to zip these because they have been prezipped for you :D

The only files you need to download from my mirror are below. (this is the complete set of retail files)
act1anis.zip
act2anis.zip
act3anis.zip
core.zip
Root_fs2.zip(replace the fs2_root.vp in the core.zip with this one)
higraph.zip
music.zip
voice.zip
multi-mission-pack.vp(optional)
multi-voice-pack.vp(optional)
FS2OGGcutscenepack.vp(FS2_Open only).

I will get the links for the FS2_Open files from Turey when he logs back on his messenger. I have copied this post onto Tureys post for his installer.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 03:16:08 pm by [DW]-Hunter »

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
you can google it for a download (the version included on the DVD is a bit older)

hip63

I don't understand why you wouldn't use the online installer, from what I know, its contents are all fully updated. Plus, it downloads the complete package, including retail. If you cannot access the internet on the computer your trying to put it on, you can just download it zip it and copy it to dvd ( YOU CANNOT JUST PUT THE FILES RAW ON THE DVD, IT WILL SCREW UP THE GAME! ). Although if you just want to download the files directly, the mirrors heres the links below. Note: You don't need to zip these because they have been prezipped for you

that post was only about the included beam screensaver, nothing more, it doesn't refer to the game content ;)

the game content included is currently up to date and the installer makes easy as pie for anyone to get the game up and running without the player needing to versed in FSSCP install lore :)

When I used the online installer for the first time, I told it to download everything and it downloaded some things that were redundant (i.e. - it downloaded the .ogg & .mve files when you only need one type, and those are like the biggest files in the thing, so my installer just installs the ogg versions of the cutscences, also the online installer seams to be waaay slow and I *think* it downloads items in an uncompressed state (I may be wrong) My installer makes it nice, simple and easier on the bandwidth)

Not to mention it looks heck-a-cool! 8)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:51:10 pm by hip63 »
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Nah, it downloads them & then unzips them, then deletes the .zip files, IIRC

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Nah, it downloads them & then unzips them, then deletes the .zip files, IIRC

For most of the files, that's what it does.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ok, I see merit in both an online installer and a dvd.  For people wanting to have something to distribute that they know works, who aren't themselves too well versed in DVD mastering, it's nice to have something to hand out to friends.  However the online installer will always be the way to get the most up to date versions installed, as long as people keep their versioning files up to date.  Now, it would be nicer if the DVD did not ignore the fact that there is a very nice online updater already available and were to include a version of it as well.  Then the DVD could do its install, and then offer the option to check for updates online.  Without that, it becomes difficult to update from the static dvd versions without subsequent patching, and becomes harder on the end user to get updates because they've not even been to hard light yet, and would have no idea where to look for updated files.  That said, it's still very good to have some sort of iso version to distribute.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
BTW - the updater is also installed as the game is installed from the DVD so even if the DVD content needs updating, you are already set to get them & will only have to download the updated items. I'm evil with my installers like that  ;7

operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
BTW - the updater is also installed as the game is installed from the DVD so even if the DVD content needs updating, you are already set to get them & will only have to download the updated items. I'm evil with my installers like that  ;7

Did you remember to include the necessary text files?
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
yeap :)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Oh, well then.  I have absolutely no complaints.  Excellent release.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
yeap :)

Does the DVD setup put an icon in the Start Menu for the Installer?  And, can the DVD install over a Retail FS2 patched to v1.2?  I would find out myself, but I'm right in the middle of re-structuring my hard drives.

It does make an entry for updating in the Start menu. Don't know about question two.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,45514.msg936840.html#msg936840
Check it out, I made a torrent.  Would appreciate advise/help, too.  (Please!)

See my post over there.  :pimp:

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
HB : I tried downloading through the links you posted, and all but part 32 worked fine. However, I can't do anything without part 32! can you see if you can access it and, if not, re-up it?

Thanks Turey. I've been saving those files for just such a report. I'll check and re-upload part 32 and hopefully it will work. If not, I/we're in bad shape.  :shaking:

BTW, I just ran your installer/updater on hip63's iso. Everything seems to work except fsport. The updater wants to download fsport again, into an fsport directory, because hip63 used the ShivanSPS convention of Fs1_port_3. I don't know how that can be ironed out. Could you make your updater check for and accept Fs1_port_3?

<edit> Hmm, MediaFire says it can't access the file right now, try later (but it's been downloaded 3 times already). Is that the problem you're having? Or did you download the file and it's corrupt?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 02:19:23 am by Huggybaby »

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
BTW, I just ran your installer/updater on hip63's iso. Everything seems to work except fsport. The updater wants to download fsport again, into an fsport directory, because hip63 used the ShivanSPS convention of Fs1_port_3. I don't know how that can be ironed out. Could you make your updater check for and accept Fs1_port_3?

Not easily, and not quickly. I'm swamped with work right now.

<edit> Hmm, MediaFire says it can't access the file right now, try later (but it's been downloaded 3 times already). Is that the problem you're having? Or did you download the file and it's corrupt?

That's the problem I've been having, but it's said that for at least a day. It doesn't sound like they'll ever find it. :(

OK, I'll replace it on MediaFire then. In the meantime, try this: http://rapidshare.com/files/21744595/hip63FreeSpaceSCPiso.7z.032

Offline mnftg64

QUESTION! With this DVD, will it always be the latest version of FSSCP? Like, you install it and the updater makes it the latest install?

Yes.

@Turey and hip63: MediaFire is weird---I replaced that file, still no good. I guess the Rapidshare upload will have to do. I'm guessing everything went OK for Turey.