Author Topic: FreeSpace SCP DVD ISO Now Available for Download (New Mirror Posted!)  (Read 35170 times)

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Re: FreeSpace SCP DVD ISO Now Available for Download (New Mirror Posted!)
BTW, I just ran your installer/updater on hip63's iso. Everything seems to work except fsport. The updater wants to download fsport again, into an fsport directory, because hip63 used the ShivanSPS convention of Fs1_port_3. I don't know how that can be ironed out. Could you make your updater check for and accept Fs1_port_3?

sorry about that, however if you just rename the Fs1_port_3 folder to fsport or whatever it supposed to be named and then run the updater, then all should work as it suppose to I'm guessing.

hip63 :P
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
QUESTION! With this DVD, will it always be the latest version of FSSCP? Like, you install it and the updater makes it the latest install?

You have to run the Updater on your own.

I'm guessing everything went OK for Turey.

The file Seems corrupted, but I can't tell where the problem is. I'll get back to you.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Hmm, let me know; as a test I just extracted the iso successfully again.

The file Seems corrupted, but I can't tell where the problem is. I'll get back to you.

Ok, is that why when i tried the updater as included in the DVD it downloaded a SCP Installer.exe that when I tried to unzip it gave me a "File Skiped Unknown Compression method"?

No, that's an entirely different file.

Try winrar for the updater file, it uses deflate64.

thats odd. Interesting how something on my end gave it a .zip extention.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
thats odd. Interesting how something on my end gave it a .zip extention.

It IS a .zip.  :rolleyes:

It's simply a slightly-better compressed .zip.

I'll switch back to regular Deflate. The number of problems people are having with this is insane.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Indeed. I'm not sure what the deal is, but a lot of people are having the same problem. I have winrar and 7zip installed, so I think that's why I haven't seen that error. I think anyone using default Windows zip support will have it.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Bleh.  Windows zip support is awful.  Give people a built in way to handle one exact type of file compression and then they wonder why they can't open every compressed file out there.  I go so far as to registry-disable that stupid zip support before I even install 7zip or anything else.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Hi,
I've got a little problem. I spent 3 days downloading the 32 files. And yeah I noticed, that i can't extract the files with winrar or something like this. So I downloaded this 7zipped. But I can't extract the files with that either because there is always an error that it can't do it. I'd be very glad if somebody could tell me what to do.

:confused:

bye!

This is most distressing. Is there any way to tell which of the files is corrupt? It can't be all of them and I haven't heard from Turey.

Well,
I can't unzip none of the 32 files....    :wtf:
so who can tell me what to do?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 09:50:29 am by datnervt »

They should all be in the same folder, then you only have to unzip the very first one.

If i try to unzip the first file with 7zipped there comes an error message   :eek2:

Unfortunately that doesn't help either one of us.  :(

But I've learned my lesson. In the future I'll use winrar with the error correction option.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Err, you have all the files in the same directory, right?  Try right-clicking on the first one, go to 7-zip > Test, see if it tells you which of the files is "broken".

No, unfortunately it won't.

I went to the 7-zip forums and this problem comes up all the time. Here's a solution that I found there though:

1. Go here: http://www.md5summer.org/download.html and get the md5summer utility.
2. Download this file: http://rapidshare.com/files/22907076/hip63fsiso.md5.html . It's the good md5 checksums from the files I uploaded.
3. Run md5summer, using hip63fsiso.md5 to check against your downloaded 7zip files. It should tell you which don't match. If the problem isn't too bad, I'll re-upload the corrupted files.

Sorry for the trouble. This procedure sounds harder than it is (I hope).

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmm, might QuickPar help with this?  karajorma showed this prog, it lets you recover corrupted files using parity info from the good files.  PM him if you want more info; he seems to know quite a bit about it.

I'm familiar with it but have never used it. If I understand it correctly, it comes in handy when you're missing a piece, but in this case we have all the pieces and one or more of them is bad. So it seems it would be as easy to re-upload the bad piece as it would to ask someone to learn yet another piece of software.

If there are other benefits to it please advise! However, I think in this case the error correction provided by winrar would work just as well.

Too bad it took me over 24 hours to upload the thing, and three days for datnervt to download it.

Anyway I'm kind of pissed off at mediafire, and http uploading in general. I wish datnervt had used your torrent. A simple force recheck of a torrent guarantees a perfect hash.

<edit> It appears that quickpar can find corrupt files too...sounds good to me, but I really hate asking someone who is unfamiliar even with multipart archives to learn yet another program. Or maybe it's just ME who doesn't want to learn another program. LOL
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 01:48:49 pm by Huggybaby »

Hmmm,
so I think I'm going to use the torrent.... I hope it wont take so long. But I'm looking forward to the day when i can playe the game  :sigh: