Author Topic: FreeSpace SCP DVD ISO Now Available for Download (New Mirror Posted!)  (Read 35146 times)

Re: FreeSpace SCP DVD ISO Now Available for Download (New Mirror Posted!)
It would be MUCH quicker to find out which file is bad so I can test it and fix it.

Ok,
I'll do it tomorrow with your instructions. But I've got a question. Every file is supposed to be 95mb right? Because some of my files are much smaller, so that should be the broken ones, or not?

Yes, every file is exactly 97,280 KB, except for the last one (part 35), which is 97,091 KB. So any that don't match those specs should be downloaded again.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
[devil's advocate] Is that the file's size, or its size on disk?  They aren't necessarily the same, you know.  :drevil: [/devil's advocate]

Yah, one of QuickPar's purposes is to repair corrupt file efficiently.  I'd explain more, but I (unfortunately) haven't used it yet; I would have, but I had already deleted the source (good) file, so it wouldn't have helped in my situation.

Good point.

That's the size in Windows Explorer folder view.

In file properties, it's:

Size: 95.0 MB (99,614,720 bytes)
Size on disk: 95.0 MB (99,614,720 bytes)

So strangely enough in this case they're the same.

For the last file, it's:

Size and size on disk: 94.8 MB (99,420,339 bytes)

And I would run quickpar, but it would take 2 1/2 hours on this machine, so I won't.  ;7

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Suck it up and run it :lol:  jk
IIRC you can configure QuickPar with different levels of restorability... like I said, PM kara, he knows all about it.

Offline shiven_warior

• A true shivan
why not torrent it? it might help with te download
i know i misspeld my name >_<

Ok,
I downloaded all the "broken" files again over the night. And now they're all 95mb. There's only one file missing. Guess which.....right 32. And I REALLY hate rapidshare because you have to wait about 110 minutes before downloading again. So now I have to wait, but then I'll download the last file and tell if it worked.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmph.  These aren't hosted at FileFront?  What are they, just the .iso file RAR'ed to 32 pieces?  I can do that & upload to FileFront sometime... if you guys want.

@datnervt: Mediafire accepted my 32nd part (again) the other day, and here it is, no waiting: http://www.mediafire.com/?a3mlhzl3zmj
I don't know why you had to wait 110 minutes, I only have the one file on Rapidshare.
Be sure to run md5summer if it doesn't extract and tell me which piece is bad. I also have Quickpar pieces standing by if need be.

@shiven_warior: It's already being torrented by jr2.

@jr2: I don't understand your hmph. It makes me think you think I did something wrong. It doesn't make sense to host them on filefront because that's where hip63 already has his 4-parter, and if they delete his then they would delete yours and that's not a very robust backup.

Mediafire has no bandwidth limitations or download restrictions.

Also, it's 35 pieces. The reason for that number is because more than one person wanted parts smaller than 100MB, and 100MB is the size limit on many hosting services.

Huggybaby
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 04:06:07 pm by Huggybaby »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
@Huggybaby: nonsense.  You did nothing wrong, I'm was just wondering why it wasn't in both places...
In other words, I was grumbling.  :D  But not at you.  About nothing in particular and everything in general.  The reason I was asking, is cause I can upload it to FileFront if Mediafire is unreliable... or is the problem at the other end of the pipe?

Thanks for not grumbling at me.  ;) The internet is a strange place, you never know.

I don't know that there's a problem with MediaFire, I've never really had trouble before. I have files there that have been downloaded hundreds of times. It's just that here there are two people who have had problems, and unless they report with more info I'll have to assume the problem is on their end.

Getting a corrupt download from anywhere is not too uncommon, especially if one has a slow connection and/or does other things on the net while downloading. So, if you were to upload a 35 parter to filefront, and the trouble is on the downloader's end, then unfortunately it wouldn't make any difference.

With md5summer I've provided the tool to know for sure. And, I have quickpar files generated and ready to go.

Utter noob seeks help.

So I got the 4 files off filefront.

I extracted the first file *out of the iso* to a folder as per instructions. (that is, open rar, open iso, extract from there)

I assumed I also needed to extract the other 3 .iso's from the rars to the same folder.  But when I go to do this, WinRAR tells me "you need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack FreespaceSCP.iso". FreespaceSCP.Part2-4 all give me this message if I attempt to unpack them.  Have the files become corrupted or am I going about this the wrong way?  Go heavy on the details, I'm obviously not well versed in installing things from iso's.

If not.. do I just leave the part 2-4 rars in the same folder as the FreespaceSCP.exe and begin installation?

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah, sounds like you got a bit confused.  It's actually one ISO file, split into 4 compressed .rar files.  Most programs that can unrar a file, will know how to use the last 3 if you start at the first file.  So, open (or right click if you have the options in your right click menu) the first rar file, tell it to extract its contents to somewhere you can remember, and it should extract all 4 rar files at one time, and you should have one iso file when it's done.  Then, you can either burn the iso to a DVD using a program that can burn isos, or just use Daemon Tools or some other virtual cd-rom drive program to mount it as a virtual disc drive, and install from that.  If you need any help with the last part just post again.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

That did the trick.  All installed and ready to go, mucho thanks.  Is Derelict included in all this or do I have to go dig that up somewhere else?

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Derelict?

It's in there ;)

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
That did the trick.  All installed and ready to go, mucho thanks.  Is Derelict included in all this or do I have to go dig that up somewhere else?

:welcome:

:) :yes:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

bluelotus

Uhm, any idea how to get Lightspeed's nebula files working with this? Because so far I couldn't find a "map" directory in this DVD install and even if I make one and put the files there, the shiny background files isnt appearing  :sigh:

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
You shouldn't need a map directory, you probably want to get the .vp versions of the backgrounds and the campaign missions, and just put those in your mediavps folder.  I don't know the link off the top of my head.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

bluelotus

You shouldn't need a map directory, you probably want to get the .vp versions of the backgrounds and the campaign missions, and just put those in your mediavps folder.  I don't know the link off the top of my head.

Well I've already sorted it out. I just made a vp file of the background files I have and put it into the mediavp folder. Thanks anyway  :)