Poll

As Morden says "what do you want?" A new campaign is coming shortly, what would you like to see in it?

An alien invasion
1 (3.6%)
A small war
0 (0%)
EA versus XXXX
3 (10.7%)
Lots of people dying
9 (32.1%)
A great storyline
15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: What do you want ?  (Read 5098 times)

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
A new campaign will be available for 3.4 in 2 weeks.  But Im not giving anything away until the trailer is released one day before the release of the campaign :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Skullar

I just want to live long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike, as a warning to the next 10 generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look into your lifeless eyes and wave like this.....

*wink* *wink* *wink*

your missions keep crashing on my system.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
which ones?
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
NEVER ask that question. :lol:

I want storyline. Doesn't matter what kind of, if it's done well and missions are good.

...So, BHX asks "Who are you?" and now you ask this... I wonder, when will we have "Where are you going to?"

;7
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
*Theres a hole in your mind*
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
*Theres a hole in your mind*

So thats why i have a head ache :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Slasher

NEVER ask that question. :lol:

I want storyline. Doesn't matter what kind of, if it's done well and missions are good.

...So, BHX asks "Who are you?" and now you ask this... I wonder, when will we have "Where are you going to?"

;7

I always thought "why are you here" was the next question in the progression but maybe I'm sick.  :shaking:

Offline Redrake

Am I the only one who wants an alien invasion, maybe the one from A Call to Arms?
Most of the votes went to lots of dead people. Now we know the answer to "why are you here?" :D

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I always thought "why are you here" was the next question in the progression but maybe I'm sick.  :shaking:

I never meant them to be asked in the order they appear in the series, but I checked anyway... Lorien's question was indeed "Why are you here", but the Final question was "Where are you going."

But, as "Why are you here" seems to have been answered, the final question is what remains. :)
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Slasher

Heh, yeah, no kidding.  Morbid crowd here, I guess.  :D

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
We want dead people, lots of them.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
A game won't hold my attention if the storyline is dumb and illogical... I want some drama!
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline cloneof

Storytime?

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
storyline is a must, i just get bored if theres no drama, suspense and what not.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline tomcat

• Dark Lord of Truespace
MAG
contact me... Ian said that I can help you with some Ideas. Apparently I helped him with RW dark twists...
Truespace is the path of the Dark Side
-----------------------------------------------
Dark Truespace Master Tomcat

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Naah... Story writing is the easy part. And fun too. I used to fred for my self, and then I slapped the missions in to MitM. Then I decided to try to write some backbone in to it, for real forward planning like. I found myself on fire and wrote the worlds most bestest campaign evar!

Too bad I can't FRED it though... :(
Edit: I had further thoughts about this... Any of the modders have news about the Cotton? If not, then screw it and I'll slit my wrists. But if you've had thoughts about it the please tell me...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 01:11:29 am by Prophet »
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Offline Tamlin

"Who are you?"....4 questions..   Story....oh and to Fu** up Bester. BTW.Excellent work

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Prophet, you wrote Movements in the Mist?  I tried that once, you're right, you can't FRED too well... find someone to do it for you, or get better at it.  I liked what little I could play of it.  :yes:

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
It's not the problem with FREDing. Believe it or not, I can FRED pretty decently (nowdays).
I was about to release a reworked version of it for 3.3. But it was lost in the turmoil that was now computer arriving and old HD crashing on the same week...

And MitM2 would have been released already if I had that Cotton, and a decent satellite. Unfortunatley chances of them being modelled are next to nothing. Add the fact that they are not deemed as important warshipsultrakillerroxxorz of doom, so they won't even have the table space. So thats it. I could perhaps replace the cotton. But there is only one alternative, and I'm hesitant to use it. And it would require texture modifications.

Anyway jr2, what else what bad about MitM? I know people whined the first mission was boring. And I know about the crahs after mission 4. That leaves the optional mission 2, and the 3rd where you disable the hyperion. I never got any feedback from the campaign in general.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmph.  Now I'll have to go play it again... Should I try it on Babylon 3.4 BETA, or 3.3a, 3.2, which version?  I forget which one was supposed to be used... then again, maybe you want to make it compatible with 3.4 so it'll be ready.

PS Here's the file, let me know if you already have it, so I can delete this one.

[attachment deleted by admin]