Author Topic: Overrated Games  (Read 29151 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Tomb Raider, one of the crappiest games I've ever played, and it has almost spawned by itself a new genre ( I thought it'd kill it)...
SCREW CANON!

oh god...well here comes the list

Once again, every damned MMORPG ever made, particularly EVE online, Star wars Galaxies, runescape (hell that sucked) and especially WOW.  (YES, WOW! I MEEN YOU TO YOU FAT BASTARDS!)

Halo 2. Halo one was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

the Medal Of honor series. I never did like war games, and this just made it worse

Another big one is the original Super mario brothers. I always hated platformer/side-scroller games, and SMB was just way to hard at later levels. duck hunt ftw.

In fact, The freespace series and the entire star wars collection are the only real games that never let me down, Freespace was and will always be the best space sim i ever played, and one of the best storylines. The star wars games we're always fun, particularly the jedi knight series. OH, man those were great times, the whole reason i like first person shooters, even though it wasen't much of a shooter in itself, i just liked the layout
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Halo 2. Halo one was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Thats strange. I've only played parts of Halo two, but from what I've seen, It's been much better. 1) ships aren't all hallway. 2) there are actual level decorations. 3) they have a good reason for enemies being everywhere (not just unexplainable except for the purpose of game play like H1). 4) The level design is much better.

Offline Roanoke

Gameplay is king. Halo(1) is therefore king.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
particularly EVE online,

Heresy. Summon the Inquistion.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

EVE online's combat sucked, like all mmorpgs. and everything else wasen't interesting either.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
particularly EVE online,

Heresy. Summon the Inquistion.
Nobody expects the ngtm1r inquisition!

then again he can't really do anything unexpected that is significant.

unless you were being sarcastic, which i don't know. thats internet for ya.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Star Wars Empire At War.

I dunno if it ever got rave reviews but if found it worse then previously indicated

The Space Combat was lack luster next to older games such as Homeworld 2.  The ground combat was... well lets just say after i got the Death Star there was no more ground combat.  Graphically and game-play(especially gameplay) wise older games such as Homeworld and Dawn of War mop the floor with this Sithspit waste of code.  If only i could have sold it back to the game store, but alas they only buyback console games now :P
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
EVE online's combat sucked, like all mmorpgs. and everything else wasen't interesting either.

Yes, I know, you could neither button mash nor live by reflexes alone. This is a horrible cruel fate for you.

Put simply, EVE's combat makes you do a moderate level of thinking, as opposed to...well, almost everything else I've played. This is far beyond mere rock-paper-scissors stuff.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
With EVE I felt like I was watching the game moreso than playing it.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

ditto
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.