Author Topic: Nexus and a FreeSpace RTT  (Read 1813 times)

Offline wtf_cl0vvn

• Kiubo.
Nexus and a FreeSpace RTT
I'm sure that a lot of you guys are like me in that you would like to see a FreeSpace RTT (real-time tactics:like a real-time strategy, just without worrying about resources and unit production and all).

Well, recently my friend came across a copy of the space-based RTT Nexus. Really good game, looks great, great ships, good physics, and I can very much see a FreeSpace total conversion done for it...

Would anyone help me out if I decided to try and tackle something like that(I think I could get several people here in my dorm to help me with it)? This is just a throwing-it-out there question...
This book is a mirror. When a monkey looks in, no apostle looks out. -Lichtenberg

Re: Nexus and a FreeSpace RTT
www.o-r-b.com

There's plenty of space RTS. That one happens to be my favorite. Also, Galactic Civilizations 2 & 3 aren't quite RTS, but they're still great strategy if you haven't heard of them yet. O-R-B (link above) has very comprehensive editing tools, and you could probably add your own models and call it an FS RTS. The mission editing tools are excellent, although there's no campaign design tool. The ingame campaign is linear, anyway, so it wouldn't add much interesting.

I don't have any programming skill, though, so sorry.

Offline shiven_warior

• A true shivan
with nexus u mean the Jupiter incident right? Ive played it nice game, i my self tought about a FS mod for it but I'm no modder :P good luck with it, i would surely play it if there is a mod
i know i misspeld my name >_<

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
The one thing that you might be interested in is the homeworld2 freespace mod. It's homeworld 2 with all freespace ships imported into the game, an fs1 and fs2 campaign, and so on.
http://www.game-warden.com/fsna/index.php
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 04:38:00 pm by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I myself tought of modding Nexus but the turret limit killed my enhousiasm..

You cna have a total of 12 weapons system (altough you can have 4-8 turrets per system, they are all treated as a same weapon - only one will fire and if one goes, they all go)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline dan7564

hmm, sounds cool, leading a space navy around our galaxy, moving them to different systems startegically. You could start off wti ha number of ships, the stronger the ship, like a cap ship the less there are and theres a certain number of each ship. Say 30 hecates and 50, 000 myrmadons. although i do realise that 50, 000 is a lot. im just saying.

I rekon half life 2 would make a great rts.

Some1 get on this stat!  FS2 on Nexus = win!  I would love to try to take out the Lucifer or Sathanas with a fleet of my own.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Isn't Nuke doing exactly this?

Offline Mawhrin

www.o-r-b.com

There's no demo!  :no:

Galactic Civilizations 2 & 3 aren't quite RTS, but they're still great strategy if you haven't heard of them yet.
For 4X games, consider Thousand Parsec, an OSS framework.