Author Topic: I'm bored  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Anybody know of any good free games that I can kill time with? Because for now I'm stuck playing Halo 1 :(

Offline wtf_cl0vvn

• Kiubo.
Emulators...any of them.

Ive got a NeoGeo arcade emulator, and I waste a lot of time playing metal slug
This book is a mirror. When a monkey looks in, no apostle looks out. -Lichtenberg

Offline Inquisitor

"Good" and "free" are often strangers. Theres lots of cheap, darn little (of quality and not warez) in the way of free. A fair few demos with full ****ional;ity, some ad-ware games like Anarchy Online (if you wanted to try an MMO) and a couple other "free" MMO's (a couple Korean ones), and of course things like FS2 and Allegiance (I think this is still on the MS site, and there used to be a SCP style community around the source, but they seemed more interested in god-modding, it may have improved) where both the source and the game files are available.

I think Bethesda released functional version of the earlier Elder Scrolls games, those are always the time. I think you can get them from their site.

Some java stuff like Megamek (a battletech board game simulator, http://megamek.sourceforge.net/ )

A couple freebies on the GarageGames.com site, varying quality there from the free ones though.

Now, if you had 10-20 bucks to spare, your choices expand exponentially.
No signature.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
This little number should keep you busy for a few hours.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

Where has this been all my life? Holy crap... it's the greatest... :eek:

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Can't....stop... playing
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Heehee...this was posted on another forum I frequent, and I managed to get a whole AIM chat room full of people to play it for an hour or two straight. :p

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
I'm in the same predicament. Until I get my new video card, I'm stuck with older an/or casual games.

Here's a gem I found. The demo only has 3 maps, but they kept me busy for hours. It's a lot like Risk, but is really fun and you can finish a single game in fifteen or twenty minutes. And you can change which faction you play on each map, which adds a lot of replay value.

http://sillysoft.net/ael/

SNES emulator + Final Fantasy 5 and 6. Should burn off a few days at least. :p

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
DAMN that guard towers game is fun! Don't let me see these things while I'm at work!!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Can his PC even handle it? :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I can think of hundreds of great games like this, but most of them are Mac titles from the early 90s. I keep my ancient Mac operational just for running them, although some of them work fine in the Basilisk II emulator.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
BTRL? :p

IIRC I posted this before or during I downloaded it and I needed to kill the time until it and another DL finished, but couldn't play much other games due to FPS suckage from the other DL.

@Cobra: even with my other DL, I can run BTRL with fine FPS. In fact, I've already played it three times and played a lot on mult.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Submit scores to the HLP group name.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
awesome, free, and very accurate elite clone, multiplatform too
http://oolite.aegidian.org/

I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
One thing that will pass your time. Is duke nukem 3d with the hrp (high resolution pack). The duke3d source code was released a while ago, and the game is now rendered in opengl, all the enemies are actually 3d models now, all of the original textures have been revamped to 4x the detail, and a whole lot more great stuff. The multiplayer has been revamped too, idk about you but duke3d multi was the most fun i've had on multiplayer. Also a whole bunch of the ancient bugs in duke3d have been fixed as well. Even more good info is that with the release of the source code, duke3d is now on macosx, unix, linux, and winows xp (duke3d was a dos game so technically it had to be ported to winxp). And don't feel frightened, duke3d includes everything you could ever want in an fps. The first fps to have open and even slanting surfaces with many things to interact with in the environment, the first fps to have actual mouse look like we have it today, and ****ing awesome assortment of weapons. And grab the hrp too ;7
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Do you need the original Duke3D game to play this? And does multiplayer work?
I am a revolutionary.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
You just need one of the files from the original duke3d for it(i'm thinking it's sort of like duke3d's version of a doom wad file and that's why it only requires this one file...this is similar to getting zdoom to work). Of course i still somehow still have my copy of duke3d atomic edtition. Of course you could always use bittorrent or something(duke3d is like 20 or 12mb in size total...not like it would take very long), you're only trying to get a hold of one file from duke3d which is what the duke3d source code projects use to play the game.

For more information go here http://hrp.duke4.net/index.php
That'll tell you about the necessary file from duke3d, along with which source code port of duke3d you should use, and how to use the hrp, along with downloads.

For more information on multiplayer go here http://www.duke4.net
This site has pretty much basically any information you want on duke3d, especially multiplayer.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.