Author Topic: Republic Commando  (Read 7613 times)

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I've found myself playing this great game again and would like to know what's everyone's opinion about it, also does anyone knows any mods exists for it? Ahhh, fighting in the streets of Kashyyk. :nod: Its just a shame that it's too short. :(

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
I think its one of the best SW games out there, that and KOTOR 1 & 2
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
I liked it a lot too. In fact, I was thinking about it earlier today. I didn't like the plot because, ya know, it was nonexistent though.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Loved it. Both the music and gameplay were excellent by any standards, and beyond excellent compared to most SW games. Plus, I really loved the authenticity of it, like how the player was actually looking out of a helmet rather than just having the HUD floating there in space.

All in all, it's up there with KOTOR and Tie Fighter.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Loved it. Both the music and gameplay were excellent by any standards, and beyond excellent compared to most SW games. Plus, I really loved the authenticity of it, like how the player was actually looking out of a helmet rather than just having the HUD floating there in space.

Only thing missing was the ability to see your body, instead of getting the impression that you were just a floating helmet.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
And I always thought the weapons were a bit wussy. Too great a contrast to the wristblade...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
IAWAP

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
And I always thought the weapons were a bit wussy. Too great a contrast to the wristblade...

Yeah, the standard rifle could have more punch, its too easy to kill everyone with the blade (except SBDs but that's what there's anti-armor). The plot was good, not incredible but good. The music was actually had something else aside from the old reash of the movies soundtrack (I swear the pre-requisite for a good SW game must be an actual soundtrack).

Only thing missing was the ability to see your body, instead of getting the impression that you were just a floating helmet.

Specially when you fall to the ground.

Offline Dysko

I like that game, but it is too short... finished in 3 school days.

BTW, weapons are really unbalanced... I finished the game once only the pistol and the blade... :doubt:
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
That was its main problem, its too short, I have no idea why they didnt make a sequel or at least, a expansion (maybe in the last days of the war, you could end up carrying out order 66 :D).

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
That was its main problem, its too short, I have no idea why they didnt make a sequel or at least, a expansion (maybe in the last days of the war, you could end up carrying out order 66 :D).
Yeah, the end was a total setup for a sequel, and yet nothing has materialised. Damn shame.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I think it would be awesome to carry out Order 66 on each planet... not just on the one you last fought on.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
I think it would be awesome to carry out Order 66 on each planet... not just on the one you last fought on.

And then overnight you can become EVIL Imperial Stormtoopers MOHAHAHAHAHAHA
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

And then overnight you can become EVIL Imperial Stormtoopers MOHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes and they could even get the characters laughing ingame too at the same time that the Imperial theme plays.

Offline Inquisitor

They kinda do that in Battlefront II, fyi.
No signature.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
They do? :wtf:

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
They kinda do that in Battlefront II, fyi.

Do what? The laughing with the music? :D

Offline Inquisitor

The transition from elite clone trooper commandos to Storm Troopers. The single player is a little on the lame side, but the interstitial story telling is decent.
No signature.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
That would be cool, perhaps they could get you to choose wether or not to carry out the order, I've heard that there was a commando squad that didnt do it and helped their jedi escape.