Author Topic: Starcraft 2: It's official.  (Read 36861 times)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Re: Starcraft 2: It's official.
At one time I had a habit of gathering a bunch of carriers on a huge map thick with enemies. And then just "power overwhelming" them all. Just because seeing bases wiped out by carriers was so sweet... :pimp:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Battlecruisers < Carriers  :nod:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
unless you fly your a wing of wraiths in to kill all the interceptors, and use your big gun (i forget what its called) to shoot down some of the carriers.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
unless you fly your a wing of wraiths in to kill all the interceptors, and use your big gun (i forget what its called) to shoot down some of the carriers.
Yamoto Gun, a nuclear explosion focused into a coherent pulse. 12 Battlecruisers w/ Yamoto Gun > 12 Carriers.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Lockdown + upgraded Goliaths > Carriers
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Thats the nice thing about the first Starcraft their wasn't a unit that was overpowered. You could find something against anything...at least that is my experiance and even lower level/tech units where allways still usefull.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Thats the nice thing about the first Starcraft their wasn't a unit that was overpowered. You could find something against anything...at least that is my experiance and even lower level/tech units where allways still usefull.
True that.  Even a smallish group of Marines could be a serious problem if you had an air unit that couldn't strike back fast enough.  My favourite was always the Zealot rush from one side and a mixed force of ground and air units on the other side.  The Zealots are just so fast in their upgraded form that the enemy freaks from the rush on one side and the other units mop up.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
I was allways anoyed by a friend who used his ghosts very effective to stop my heavy hitters or just nuke me...hated it ^_^
I also liked the mariens. With a little upgrade they became a strong part of my forces even in later games because even if their strength was still that of canon fodder they did their fair share of damage.
About the Zealoth...yes their speed is greate and I liked a combination of Zealots with Dragoons or ari as backup.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Overpowered...a unit is overpowered if you get far more for your money than by other units.

EXMPLE: Current BC has 500 HP, costs around 400 minerals and 300 gas (IIRC)

A BC with 2000HP that costs the same would be overpowered. However if it costs 1600 minerals and 1200 gas, then it's balanced again...sorta..

Approximately the damage done (per second), HP, cost and time to build should be proportional
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I'm sure this is really REALLY old news, but i recently bought warcraft three and the frozen throne add-on.

It has Hydralisks and Zerglings, does this mean theres a mini mission somewhere?
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It also has a terran marine, but the answer is no...those are easter eggs...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Well, there is that one Hydralisk in a mission for the Undead Campaign...

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Lol.
I've only ever played Starcraft online once, and I won by building ONLY zerglings (and because I got lucky, okey):
Battle was me (zergs) versus, iirc, a terran and a protoss player. Two goddamn good players too, it seems. It went that way:

Phase 1) At the begining of the battle, I just got all these zerglings, moved them in the middle of the map (the map was like a big cross with each player at one corner), and buried them all there. Then I repeated and repeated that again ( barely three of four times actually, but I still got a lot of them there ).

Phase 2) Ridiculously early (from my point of view, at least, I guess I just suck at base management), the two other players moved toward the center of the map, with, dunno, crazy stuff, carriers and the **** (I was like "how the heck did they get that already?"). Anyway, I assume there was to be some "perfect way" to get a moving army ready soon, coz they both got theirs at the same time.

Phase 3) They meet at the middle (just above my hundred or so poor zerglings ****ting their pants, hoping there's no stealth detector or anything around) and they just battle it out there. I guess I got lucky there, no flying units remained from that little skirmish (and probably not many firebats :p).

Phase 4) when they were about done, I just unburied my zerglings (totally crushing the few survivors still fighting in the process), launched all of them at one base, and all the others I had gathered at my hive during that epic "battle of the center" at the other base.

Phase 5) I probably didn't have enough zerglings to crush them completly in one go (don't remember), but I hit them hard enough so they couldn't recover (I do remember just having a never stopping stream of zerglings moving to both bases at some point, and me just producing more and more of them as they died at the other end w/o even checking the enemy bases, I probably just put the spawn points there - was there one in starcraft?). I remember looooooooooooooooots of zerglings lost their poor lives attacking these bases (they had goddamn strong defenses :/)

Conclusion 1: I won because I sucked at SC and the two others were too good :p
Conclusion 2: I decided it wouldn't work again and I would not bother learning the fine art of " how to build up a strong base and strong army in less than 15 minutes" and just never went on battle.net again.
SCREW CANON!

Zergling rush FTW!  :yes:

(Well, it wasn't a rush, technically, but still.)

Yeah, I played on Battle.net a few times, but stopped pretty quick. I mean, the games were

A) one of the super-heavily-modded "minigame" type things
B) Money maps
C) Insanely good players

The only decent games were the ones with the veterans playing in them, and I simply do not have the skill to compete with them.  :blah:

I did win one hilarious battle against a dude who was playing Starcraft for the first time in his life.  :p
I didn't know he was a first-timer, but when I stuck an Observer over his base on saw only a Command Center and five SCV's I knew something was up.  :lol:

So I teach him how to build new buildings and research new tech... then the cheeky guy tries to overwhelm me with about 150 Marines. I slaughter them all with about four Dark Templars ( :D), then annihilate his base. 'Twas extremely fun.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
I remembar playing on a LAN against my teacher and other students. Our teacher was some kind of a pro of Starcraft. Knowing every ****ing stat of each unit. Its weakness and how many seconds it takes to kill what unit with another one.
That was frightning.

We allways played team vs team...the team without the teach got an extra player ^_^
I remeber a game where not much was left of the oposite team...the teach himself and another player and we where 3 left on our side.
We destroyed 3 bases of our teach before we finaly got his last units...completly ignoring the last remaning member of his team.

The other funny game was also LAN with 4 players each side. I played Protos and needed a little bit more time to build up then all the Zerg and Terrans of my team and the other team.
Both teams had build up a quite nice army and where rushing into the middle of the map to see who would survive...except me still building my army. (Shame on me)
I remember as they where both fighting and my team was falling back I finaly got my army ready and was comming to the party. In a matter of seconds the sky was full of small fighters from my carriers and everyone was complaing that it wasn't possible to controle any unit because you could only select the interceptors ^_^

Well the carriers whiped out anything in their path and with the help of some arbiter wheren't even shot at.
Thats why I like the carriers so much ^_^

PS: Ever tried to make a Berserker rush? They might not kill the enemy completly but most likely bomb them back into the stoneage.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I always had fun falling back on Siege tanks.  Draw the enemy into a fight with some Goliaths and then pull back out of the fight and they would come charging after you and meet your fully deployed Siege tanks head on :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
In-****ing-deed.

@Icefire: Siege tanks are scary for the poor Zerg. 

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Take it Slow

:lol:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
In-****ing-deed.

@Icefire: Siege tanks are scary for the poor Zerg. 

Well, not if they're buried right under the tanks, it seems :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Im sure those mutalisks are very scared of the big bad scary tanks  :p