Author Topic: System shock and Deus Ex-ish games  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
System shock and Deus Ex-ish games
Any good games that are relatively similar to the styles of these games? (that have excellent plots?)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 06:58:15 pm by thesizzler »

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Re: System Shock 2 screen resolution
Havent played System Shock, anygood ????

read that bioshock would be the "spiritual" follow up something.

Otherwise What operationg system etc, also if you are running Vista make sure you have the latest Video card drivers (most games work right now I think but there are still some that are a bit FUBAR and in some other the FPS is really low I must say compared to XP)
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I get the exact same problem on my other computer. As far as I can tell, it's an issue on Nvidia cards but does not occur on AMD/ATI ones. I don't know of any way to get around it, apart from running the game on 98 or ME.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You have latest drivers from nVidia?  (93.71, IIRC)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I have an ATI Radeon 9550 :confused: .

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I have no idea what causes it, to be honest. It's just that I have had it occur on a couple of different Nvidia cards/drivers but haven't run into it on the only ATI card I tried, with otherwise similar computer setups.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
It works. I don't get why, though. Why will it work with old and new drivers, but not with  middle-aged ones?

Man! It's horrible [the situation]! He is the last guy on the Von Braun, and he was simply being used by this machine! And this event must certainly be traumatizing! :eek: I'd be so pissed; I'd be just like, screw you shodan, I'm killing everything and going home. When I get there, I'm scuttling the ship and ejecting.

Deus Ex has nothing on this game!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 06:45:49 pm by thesizzler »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
It works. I don't get why, though. Why will it work with old and new drivers, but not with  middle-aged ones?
Prolly a bug that got introduced with a new feature, and has now been fixed.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Well that was a fun game. It easily topped Deus Ex. :yes:

I'm glad it had a relatively happy ending. Of course, the main character was probably so traumatized by the situation that he later commit scuicide.

EDIT: WOO!! Thread salvage!

« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 06:58:36 pm by thesizzler »

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Re: System shock and Deus Ex-ish games
I'm assuming you've played the Thief games, cause they're made by the same people.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Davros

project snowblind

Project: Snowblind is a first-person shooter video game released for the Xbox, PC and PlayStation 2 on February 22, 2005. It was originally conceived as a multiplayer-focused third game in the Deus Ex series, Deus Ex: Clan Wars. But after the less than expected commercial performance of Deus Ex: Invisible War, it was decided to set the game in its own universe. Nevertheless, it remains a spiritual sequel to Deus Ex and retains many visible links to its progenitor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Snowblind

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Strangely enough, almost all of my favorite games have not sold very well.

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
project snowblind

Project: Snowblind is a first-person shooter video game released for the Xbox, PC and PlayStation 2 on February 22, 2005. It was originally conceived as a multiplayer-focused third game in the Deus Ex series, Deus Ex: Clan Wars. But after the less than expected commercial performance of Deus Ex: Invisible War, it was decided to set the game in its own universe. Nevertheless, it remains a spiritual sequel to Deus Ex and retains many visible links to its progenitor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Snowblind

How bout that. I rented that game once, only played about half of though. It was entertaining.