Author Topic: Neo-Terra Victorious  (Read 10160 times)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
An idea for a campaign, set in the earliest stages of the NTF's rebellion.
What if, by some quirk of fate, the NTF had managed to win?
How would they handle the Vasudans? What would come of the NTF, could Admiral Bosch control all of humanity?
And what does this mean when it comes to the Shivans? The Colossus, nearly completed when the campaign starts? The Pegasus, Erinyes, Ares - never to be designed?
The campaign would answer all these questions, based on an early defeat of the GTVA. You are a pilot stationed with the NTD Jasonian and her battlegroup.
There will be an actual story planned. It will read like a book in the Command Briefing. What if good ol' Alpha One had decided to join the NTF instead of the GTVA?

Mission ideas:
Surrender, Belisarius - Again
Destroying the GTD Aquitaine
Rooting out spies (You get to kill Snipes  )
Nebula missions, contact with shivans in Tierra del Fuego.

Mods, etc:

NTF Fighters: Valkyrie (Also used by the GTVA, because the Perseus hadn't been designed yet..) Hercules Mk. III (In the vein of the original Herc..8 gun banks, consider it the Erinyes' first cousin) Cobbled Together Fighter (I remember seeing a ship for some campaign, with parks from a Valkyrie and a Herc and a whole bunch of other ships..I don't know where from though..) the NTF Gryphon, a heavy interceptor with high speed but bad maneuverability (Model complete, needs resizing, texturing, etc) the NTF Trika - a standoff missle boat fighter/bomber (only 3 primaries, bad hitpoints, maneuverability AND speed but 3 secondary banks, with the capability to carry light bombs makes the Trika a good multi-role fighter)

NTF Bombers: the "Zeus II" (name not yet chosen) a Zeus with the wings stripped off and replaced with Medusa missle banks - another "Cobbled together" ship  The Jotun by Venom2506 or something like it - a super heavy bomber in the Ursa's lineage. And finally, the good old Athena.

NTF cruisers: Executioner..carries an MGreen (between Sgreen and BGreen) and anti-capship torpedos, along with much fighter defense. Good all around ship.

NTF Corvettes: Nothing at the moment.

NTF Destroyers: Your home ship, the NTD Justinian, is a unique ship, the only one of its class. It's an Orion with 2 side hangar bays and, for some odd reason, Hecate fins near the front. Armament is 4 BGreens, maybe 6 TerSlash, and the requisite fighter/bomber defenses.

NTF misc: An AWACs, with Arrays on both sides, like this: /<>\  
An asteroid base, I downloaded one of these from someone..it was a GTVA listening post I think but it will suit my purposes
An RBC..that can rotate.

NTF Weapons: You will be forced to use the Tsunami, Harbinger, and Avenger once again. Other ingenuous NTF weapons will make an appearance.

Well, that's the idea, off the top of my head. Don't think I'm actually going to attempt to do this :P Just something to ponder
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
So... WHY are the Shivans in South America?

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
They like the penguins
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
That sounds really good.  I'd help you test out the campaign if you needed anyone (I don't MOD, just make missions.)
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along

Originally posted by adwight:
That sounds really good.  I'd help you test out the campaign if you needed anyone (I don't MOD, just make missions.)

You do?? Don't you wanna FRED for me???

Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
i'll be glad to fred it if someone wil blender it, truespace it, and otherwise make the mod for it    I have only one request, that i be allowed to add it to my campaign site (158th site, see sig) and that my name gets thrown into the credits somewhere.

------------------
158th Banshee Squadron www.geocities.com/sgchicken  
Into the Night Campaign www.geocities.com/ltnarol

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Nonono..these are just ideas..if anyone wants to make the campaign fine by me, I'll help you FRED it..I was just bored  
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Sounds a bit like the Vasudan campaign I was planning to make, where you can play as the HoL. If you need the weapon table entries for FS2, download it from my site (sig.) It includes the Avenger, Banshee, Tsunami, etc.

------------------
"An evil mind is a constant comfort."
Revisit the Great War at The Freespace-Freespace 2 Port Project
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
hmmm, now theres an idea, we can make the 2 campaigns part of one series, kinda like Red Alert from Westwood

do you have a name for you campaign yet GA?

------------------
158th Banshee Squadron www.geocities.com/sgchicken  
Into the Night Campaign www.geocities.com/ltnarol

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Hey, thanks GalacticEmperor  

I've been looking for those
- Sarah Vowell

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/

Originally posted by Alikchi:
Mission ideas:
Surrender, Belisarius - Again

So... this time the NTCv Belisarius, a heavy damaged corvette miraculously destroys the fully operational GVD Psamtik?
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Originally posted by vadar_1:
So... this time the NTCv Belisarius, a heavy damaged corvette miraculously destroys the fully operational GVD Psamtik?

No, when they power up the beam, they have a core overload and that destroys them.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam

Originally posted by LtNarol:
hmmm, now theres an idea, we can make the 2 campaigns part of one series, kinda like Red Alert from Westwood

do you have a name for you campaign yet GA?

No name- just "The Great War- Vasudan Imperium" or something. Here's the plan- you start off based on a Vasudan Karnak installation in (probably) Betelgeuse. You start off defending convoys, get to take out the good ol' GTC Orff, steal the Avenger prototype, and such. You first meet the Shivans in the same mission as the Terrans do- "Out of the Dark, Into the Night." This time, you watch as a Vasudan pilot while the Taurus is creamed by the Shivans. You are later offered a position on the PVD Hope, at which point you can either stay with the installation or take a tour of duty. We all know what happens to the Hope, so that's set. If you stay with the Karnak, the Lucifer eventually gets to it and bows it to smithereens- the survivors, including you, are angry and disillusioned, so decide to join the Hammer of Light and fight against the GTA and the PVN. (Remember that their mantra was based upon "some Vasudan legend citing the coming of an al-powerful race.") Based on the PVD Prophecy, you fight with guerrilla tactics on all sides in a variety of missions. Later, both branches join and conclude in an explosive four mission finale: Operation Templar!
Whaddya think?

------------------
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
So, any comments about the story itself? Speculation? How could the NTF have won?
- Sarah Vowell

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
By cutting off the Headz supply to the GVA, tensions began to mount between both sides of the GTVA. The remaining Headz were carefully rationed, but three years after the Capella disaster, a Vasudan Destroyer jumped in and attacked a terran convoy; from the materiels captured, the Vasudans were able to create a large quantity of Headz, and resupply their fleet.
Unfortunately, one of the Terran vessels escaped and claimed that a legitimate fleet had attacked them rather than a renegade one. Armed with the quote "The best defense is a good offense", the GTA "Defended" several key Vasudan jump nodes. The Vasudans responded by "defending" the terran vessels. Soon, both empires were embroiled in a fierce war.
Meanwhile, Admiral Bosch dispatched the NTC Trinity. Unfortunately, due to the utter lack of attention the Cruiser got by Terran or Vasudan forces, Captain Roemig put it through several high-speed maneuvers. Finally, when doing a loop-de-loop over Capella, the duct tape holding the Fenris together gave out, causing the Trinity to fall into one of Capella's tree groves. Not only did Time Warner press charges for using a trademarked name, but the environmentalists pressed Khonsu II to put a stop to this "vile, disgusting, behavior that will be the end of civillized society as we know it". Khonsu II, not sure whether the environmentalists were talking about their activities or Bosch's, blockaded several key points in NTF-controlled space while all environmentalists were taken into custody.
However, Khonsu II had no idea what he had done. This action enraged many of the citizens in NTF-held space. Admiral Bosch was quoted as saying,"I DEMAND access to the public restrooms!" Finally, Bosch took decisive action. Rallying his Forces, he used the red, green, and blue sides to create an unstoppable, powerful, technological entity that could defeat the occupying fleets:
Windoes PK.
Windoes quickly assimplicated the Vasudan forces, using weapons of mass destruction such as Onice Assistants and Plug 'n Pay. Many of the Vasudan forces were overwhelmed, until only one Admiral was left-Admiral Khrogen. Drawing up his defensive plans, Khrogen told his troops one thing that galvanized them more than anything else could have done: "The Source must be released HERE!"
Unfortuately, Khrogen's forces were sued for using a trademarked phrase and were then assimplicated by Windoes.
With half his Vasudan fleet assimplicated, Khonsu II was forced to surrender, under the conditions of TREEHUG. The Terran fleet, decimated, was no match for Windoes. However, just as Windoes was closing in on Alfalfa wing, it suffered a catastrophic runtime error and exploded, catching Alfalfa 2-4 in the blast but leaving Alfalfa 1 unharmed. However, without Command, there was no one to give briefings to Alfalfa 1, who had no voice actor. This left Bosch the dominate force in the universe.

-C

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
You are a sad, sick little man, and I pity you.

------------------

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Thunder took the parking spot quote...  
Now, seriously, perhaps Bosch got his hands on the Meson bomb(s) and managed to make some sort of alliance with the Shivans or close the nodes to NTF systems, then take over what remains of the GTVA.

[This message has been edited by WMCoolmon (edited 02-03-2002).]
-C

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
My idea was, in the alternate universe the Iceni is the ship to open the portal, instead of the Trinity, and an alliance with the Shivans ensues. Soon the GTVA finds itself facing against, oh for example, a Demios armed with LReds instead of TerSlash..
The Vasudans are deported, shipped away to some faraway colony.
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Vortex

That would sound good except for the fact that you have to explain how in the world Bosch managed to convince the Shivans to go on our side when it's clearly obvious that they are far more superior.

------------------
Proud member of the Combathawks and Silver Talon Wing

100th gany victim

143rd person to reach commodore (without cheating)

[This message has been edited by Vortex (edited 02-06-2002).]
Proud member of the Combathawks and Silver Talon Wing
100th gany victim
143rd person to reach commodore (without cheating)
------------------------
SPAM!  SPAM! SPAM! Hit your post button pilot! hehehe... :drevil:
------------------------
"To have may be taken from you; to have had, never. Far better to have tasted love before dying than to die alone."

Vintar

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Darn, all these Tags going about, i wonder when Arnav is going to return.
Got Ether?