Author Topic: Working the AniBuild  (Read 2029 times)

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
Working the AniBuild
I am trying to make an Ani. file using Anibuild. I am using Photoship Elements 4.0 to make my pcx. But there are two problems:

1. Anibuild tells me to use 8bit per pixel. However, I cant find the 8bit per pixel button, the only button I can find was the 8bit per channel button (whichI cant click for some reason)
2. How can I animate pcx. without using gif.?

If I am using the wrong program, please tell me which is the right one. By the way, I also use Photoshop CS2 as well. But same problem.

THE APOCALYPSE PROJECT IS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS!!! SIGN UP AT:
The official forum | The official website

"Only a braindead idiot would take that post to mean that I'm planning on taking legal action on anyone and without cause or reason." -Derek Smart

Harsh words, Derek. Harsh words. And what do you get? No liscence, no FreeSpace, only some stfu from HLP. That is legal.

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!
A complete rewrite of the FS2 quotes!
HLP Cards! Click here to make one of yourself!

The original FreeSpace 3 wishlist!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline GenericCorvette

• Lolikyon~!
Re: Working the AniBuild
1: I'm not familiar with Photoshop... Try Irfanview, it can decrease color depth.

2: You don't animate a single PCX file. You use many normal PCX files put in order.
:|

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
What are trying to do?

As in game effects (explosions etc.) can use .eff animations.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, for Photoshop 7 it is Image -> Mode -> Indexed colours, the problem, however is that with .ani files you can only use a maximum for 256 colours for the entire video, not just per frame.

There are some programs that can do that, I can't remember the name at the moment, but also, if you're using the SCP, try looking into .eff files in the Wiki :)

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
What are trying to do?

As in game effects (explosions etc.) can use .eff animations.

No, Command Brief

"Only a braindead idiot would take that post to mean that I'm planning on taking legal action on anyone and without cause or reason." -Derek Smart

Harsh words, Derek. Harsh words. And what do you get? No liscence, no FreeSpace, only some stfu from HLP. That is legal.

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
Well, for Photoshop 7 it is Image -> Mode -> Indexed colours, the problem, however is that with .ani files you can only use a maximum for 256 colours for the entire video, not just per frame.

There are some programs that can do that, I can't remember the name at the moment, but also, if you're using the SCP, try looking into .eff files in the Wiki :)

thnx, it's working now :) :D

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board

The name is Bright. ;)
http://fordy.planetunreal.gamespy.com/bright.htm

Anyway, only HUD and interface animations need ANIs. In 99% of the cases everything else will work better with EFFs.
Faster, better looking, and easier/faster to create.

ANI is pretty much dead imho.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I recommend Bright too. It's available from my FAQ but DaBrain's link seems better to me (can't remember which version I have).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]