Author Topic: PC Racing games - LAN  (Read 7220 times)

PC Racing games - LAN
Anyone know any good PC racing games that you can play over a LAN????  Cheers in advance

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Re: PC Racing games - LAN
I'm not sure if Test Drive Unlimited works over LAN, but if it does - it'd be an excellent choice.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Pod
SCREW CANON!

Offline Davros

man i loved pod

testdrive unlimited although good is buggy as hell

r-factor
gtr2
f1 99-02 or f1 95-07 as it is with the addons

Cheers guys for the replys so far.  Good racing games are hard to find (at least LAN capable ones)

Offline LOA--JK47

• Dekkers original form.
    • http://Janus_tuts.tripod.com
Need for Speed carbon, and also GT3 on a PS2 Emulator........
All shall fear the redness of my ageless war machine

Offline Davros

flatout
ford racing 3
juiced
trackmania is supposed to be good but it has starforce

and finally
idt champcar challenge - its free (604mb)
http://www.fileplanet.com/filelist.aspx?s=104312&v=0

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 04:24:33 pm by Davros »

Offline Dysko

trackmania is supposed to be good but it has starforce
There is also Trackmania Nations, which is free (http://www.trackmanianations.com/indexUk.php), but I don't know if it supports LAN.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Wipeout, always Wipeout.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline aRaven

Flatout 2 was pretty good

Offline Davros

yes but as far as i know even the free trackmania uses starforce (thats why i havnt downloaded it)
something about they dont want anyone using the exe to help create a crack for the non free trackmania's

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Not sure if it will work in LAN but Colin McRae: DIRT looks really good cant wait for it to be released. (There sure was alot of spelling mistakes in that sentence, maybe a new record)

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I couldn't find any traces of Starforce on the free Trackmania Nations, and I've played it a little bit this last week.  I may not be looking in the right place though.  There's also ToCA Race Driver 2 or 3, Monster Truck Madness 2 for old school, as well as Motocross Madness 2, some of the older Need for Speed games are great too, I personally still get a kick out of 3 and High Stakes, and maybe even Porsche Unleashed, the Flatout games are definitely fun, so I'd say it really depends on what style of racing you're looking for.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
wacky wheels

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
wacky wheels

Wow, I completely forgot about that game. I spent a lot of my childhood playing it.

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
What's your favourite type of game in WW?

2 player race, shootout or single?

EDIT: Elasto Mania?

I know you can play some sort of multiplayer over the internet, but I don't know what type
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 09:14:05 pm by Excalibur »
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Davros

Cheif1983

"The games in the TrackMania series use a controversial copy protection / anti-reverse engineering system called StarForce, which silently installs a driver with all versions of TrackMania Original, TrackMania Sunrise, and TrackMania Nations. Many sources falsely report that TrackMania Nations updates the StarForce drivers only if they are already installed, but, as of 28th May 2007, the current version of TrackMania Nations installs the StarForce drivers on all computers. TrackMania United features StarForce protection built into the executable to check the software's key, but does not install the driver. Although it originally included the system, on 29th June 2007 Valve Software announced that the version of Trackmania United distributed via the company's Steam digital distribution platform would no longer include StarForce[1]."

Offline Dysko

I wonder why they put StarForce in TrackMania Nations since it's freeware and freely downloadable from Nadeo's website...

Wait... this means I have StarForce on my PC? :nervous:
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Theres a removal tool around if you google for it ;)

To be honest, my only gripe with Starforce protection (as in, the only problem I've encountered) is the fact that once the discs are a year or two old, it gets really stoppy about accepting that it is genuine. Still, I avoid installing the Ring 0 drivers on Alcohol 120 for security reasons, and I have the same concerns about the Starforce drivers.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Thanks Davros, I wasn't aware they were doing silent installs now.  Bastards.  I can't believe they haven't at least learned they need to tell you that kind of stuff when they're gonna drop it on you like that.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays