Author Topic: Ge Force 3 Ti 200 is locking up !!!  (Read 4292 times)

Ge Force 3 Ti 200 is locking up !!!
ok i need some help just upgraded to a Ge Force 3 Ti 200, from a Ge Force2 GTS, and fs2 always hard crashes about 5 minutes into the game without fail....ive tried drivers bios flash.....different display modes.....i cant find the solution or the problem...please help me any idea anyone ?

i might try removing sound card as a last resort.....this is only happening in fs2 and after the new card was installed...everything else runs fine .......

------------------
The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

NEWBIE'S GUIDE TO THE VBB:

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I have a GForce2 works fine for me in winxp. before i had XP a week ago and i ran fs2 whit geforce2 it crashed also and some other weird things but in XP it works fine. If you are already runnin XP then i don't know what the prob is...or win doesn't like the new drivers

------------------

-------------------

[email protected]    
ICQ 102628858
Staffer member of Inferno
Inferno

the the mod place!
Join our forums at The ModPlace![/b]
Gost of the past
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Hmm... I own a Elsa Gladiac 920 GeForce 3, which is basically a TI 200, and I've had no problems so far. Except that I can't play it in Glide, but thats not a shock. It runs fine in DirectX. Could you put up you're comp stats? That might help to see if there's any known conflicts...  
I have returned... Again...

Athlon Tbird 850
asus a7v kt133 chipset
192mb pc10
inno3d ti 200 gf3 64mb ddr agp
soundblaster128 pci
win 98 first edition...maybe its time to get xp ??

------------------
The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Yup it's time to go to XP maby thats why FS2 crashes after 5 min, becaus it doesn't like the drivers or the amount of DDR on the card.

And Dark, Gforce cards don't support Glide that only have 3DFX cards the rest of the cards that arent 3DFX based support OGL.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Hmm, not that different from mine, except for the soundcard... Ok, have you installed the latest Via 4in1 drivers and IDE tool? Cause if I remember correctly, windows doesen't install the proper AGP drivers for the geforce card. It won't hurt to install them.

But I really think you should get a new soundcard. That one is a wee bit old. They aren't that expensive, and trust me, you'll hear the difference. If you're gonna get one, you have to remember some things. The SB Live! series has some problems with VIA chipset and bios, but if you've flashed it, than no worries, I suggest you check it up anyway. But if you get the  SB Audigy (which I have and had no problems with it so far), it ain't that dissimilar, except it won't have any of the major problems as the Live! series had.

Upgrading to XP also solves ALOT of problems, BUT there is one down side. The SB16 emulator will not be supported in it. However, I've found a program that contains it's own emulator, and will work for XP.

Anyway, it could be that the VIA 4in1 drivers aren't installed which might be bugging up the game, or the the soundcard.

Hope some of this helps...

But for any other reason, upgrade you're sound card, you'll hear the difference!  

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief

Originally posted by darkage:
And Dark, Gforce cards don't support Glide that only have 3DFX cards the rest of the cards that arent 3DFX based support OGL.

Yeah, I know.

i know ive run that VIA 4in1 thing before but maybe not the latest version ??? is that different to bios flash...im not really cluded up on all this can someone elaborate in simpleton terms cheers   and thanks for the help...a trip to the pc store seems in order  

the asus website is running as fast as.....and getting the latest software is becoming a real chore..

------------------

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I have a standard (non-Ti) GeForce3 that is overclocked to 250/575mhz and it runs perfectly fine on WinME; your symptoms point towards heat issues though, so you might want to check the temperature levels and make sure those are within acceptable parameters.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT

Originally posted by CP5670:
I have a standard (non-Ti) GeForce3 that is overclocked to 250/575mhz and it runs perfectly fine on WinME; your symptoms point towards heat issues though, so you might want to check the temperature levels and make sure those are within acceptable parameters.  

Dude the TI version has a fan as big as a fridge on it..And also for the CPU the TBird series come whit a 900mzh/1.2ghz CPU coolers atleast thats a standard here in holland

------------------

-------------------

[email protected]    
ICQ 102628858
Inferno

the the mod place!
Gost of the past
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

its not a heat issue that im sure of , im going to watch the clock time in freespace 2 , but i bet it crashes on 5,03 minutes every time as it always appears to be the same amount of time...i'll check  

but this is only occuring in fs2 ....still think its heat related  

------------------

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT

Originally posted by CptWhite:
its not a heat issue that im sure of , im going to watch the clock time in freespace 2 , but i bet it crashes on 5,03 minutes every time as it always appears to be the same amount of time...i'll check  

but this is only occuring in fs2 ....still think its heat related  

That never can have anything to do whit heat, the only thing i can come up is that you need to upgrade to WinXP because i think win98 1st edition can't handle the card very wel and it can't get the best out of it and XP can. so i think you should upgrade to XP download the XPdrivers and then try. Otherwise i have no idea.

------------------

-------------------

[email protected]    
ICQ 102628858
Inferno

the the mod place!
Gost of the past
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

Dude the TI version has a fan as big as a fridge on it..And also for the CPU the TBird series come whit a 900mzh/1.2ghz CPU coolers   atleast thats a standard here in holland  

The GF3 I had came with a medium-sized fan but I replaced that with a six-inch "Delta" fan for overclocking. (it is large enough to cover the entire graphics card ) The computer now has 11 fans of various sizes in it now and so I have not had any heating issues, but it is extremely loud for a computer. (sounds a lot like the venting system inside commercial airlines actually)

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT

Originally posted by CP5670:
The GF3 I had came with a medium-sized fan but I replaced that with a six-inch "Delta" fan for overclocking. (it is large enough to cover the entire graphics card  ) The computer now has 11 fans of various sizes in it now and so I have not had any heating issues, but it is extremely loud for a computer. (sounds a lot like the venting system inside commercial airlines actually)

Lol..my old Geforce GPU fan was half the card i changed it back top it's old one
and i have in total 6 fans...now all it needs is a airco

------------------

-------------------

[email protected]      
ICQ 102628858
Inferno

the the mod place!
Gost of the past
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by CptWhite:
ok i need some help just upgraded to a Ge Force 3 Ti 200, from a Ge Force2 GTS, and fs2 always hard crashes about 5 minutes into the game without fail....ive tried drivers bios flash.....different display modes.....i cant find the solution or the problem...please help me any idea anyone ?

i might try removing sound card as a last resort.....this is only happening in fs2 and after the new card was installed...everything else runs fine .......

*Maeglamor jumps up and down like a nut*

Send me your geforce 2 since you don't need it anymore. I live in Ireland, the postage will be cheap  

*Maeglamor crosses fingers*  

------------------
Welcome to HLP!!
Exits are to the rear and left, in case of emergency shotguns are located under the seats.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
In 3 weeks i have the new Geforce 3 TI 500 or the Ati Radeon 8500 64mb DDR. the new Radeon will have 128mb DDR !!

------------------

-------------------

[email protected]      
ICQ 102628858
Inferno

the the mod place!
Gost of the past
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

In 3 weeks i have the new Geforce 3 TI 500 or the Ati Radeon 8500 64mb DDR. the new Radeon will have 128mb DDR !!

I have one of the old radeon (the all in wonder), and it rules  
SCREW CANON!

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Yeah there very good indeed

a benchmark  http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/02q1/020122/radeon7500-06.html

Under winXP it performce a litle bit slower but you would even notice it.

------------------

-------------------

[email protected]      
ICQ 102628858
Inferno

the the mod place!
Gost of the past
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Yeah there very good indeed  

a benchmark  http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/02q1/020122/radeon7500-06.html

Under winXP it performce a litle bit slower but you would even notice it.

Yeah, but just wait for optimized drivers  
SCREW CANON!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Really?  WinXP performance slower?  Most of my games are faster and smoother.  I think it probably has to do with running in full 32bit model unlike the Win9.x setup which was 16bit/32bit.

I had problems running AGP4X under Win98SE, but under XP there are no problems.  Time to upgrade CptWhite.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."