Author Topic: Derelict Error  (Read 1933 times)

If this post is in the wrong place please let me know and I'll repost elsewhere.

Mission: Acceptable Losses

Problem: I exited the game after losing this mission for the first time. I went back to it some hours later and now have only a single Myrmidon available for use and a single Subach with which to arm it.

Notes:

The end portion of the playername.derelict file looks corrupt, but I can't decipher the intended structure so I don't know where to amputate. The last line that is at all comprehensible is: "Return to Base directive   Servicor Undocks   Servicor 2 Undocks   Nyarlathotep's beam comes back   Goal Rearrangement". I tried deleting everything after this point, but it led to fatal errors trying to start the game, so I restored the file.

I am running the version of derelict downloaded automatically by the launcher.

The only errors in the errorlog are the two failed start-ups after I messed around with the playername.derelict file.

Thank you!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Pressing the reset button on the mission loadout screen has been known to fix this problem before. If that doesn't work the best thing to do is exactly what I did here and build a new campaign file.

I'd do it myself but I don't know Derelict as well as FS2 and I don't have a copy on my PC at the moment anyway. But any skilled FREDder should be able to build you a fixed campaign file in about 2-3 minutes.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Thank you!