Poll

What's your favorite missile for dropping bombers?

Harpoon
6 (14%)
Tempest
9 (20.9%)
Trebuchet
20 (46.5%)
Electromagnetic Pulse
4 (9.3%)
Other
4 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Anti-bomber ordinance  (Read 10634 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Anti-bomber ordinance
Hmm.... what was that missile in the FS2 demo that they changed in Retail?  Tornado or Hornet, IIRC.  I liked the FS2 Demo one better.  I can post details if you like.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Go ahead, post it. I think it was the Hornet, but idk, i've never played teh demo.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Soon as I get home & can crank up FS2 and FS2 Demo.  :D

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I don't mind hornets at all, they do their job just fine against cruisers and bigger ships 100% great. They don't track that great on fighters, and that's ok, everyone uses them for ship pounding anyway. Tornadoes are great too, but as long as their still used for ship pounding on stuff that's not fighters, they why make tornadoes?
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

I don't mind hornets at all, they do their job just fine against cruisers and bigger ships 100% great. They don't track that great on fighters, and that's ok, everyone uses them for ship pounding anyway. Tornadoes are great too, but as long as their still used for ship pounding on stuff that's not fighters, they why make tornadoes?

funniest thing i ever did was during one mission, i disabled a shivan basilisk 'thing it was 'slaying ravana' , i didnt do it purposely, must've hit it in the engines hard. I left it there, and once i'd finished the mission and all hostiles were eliminated, i launched a cyclops at it, just for fun.  :lol:

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!

funniest thing i ever did was during one mission, i disabled a shivan basilisk 'thing it was 'slaying ravana' , i didnt do it purposely, must've hit it in the engines hard. I left it there, and once i'd finished the mission and all hostiles were eliminated, i launched a cyclops at it, just for fun.  :lol:

I smashed a helios into a loki's cockpit.

... Two actually.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It happens...sometime in emergency I too use bombs against fighters...rarely tough.. :P

EDIT - who the f*** is messing with my title again? :wtf: :nervous:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Lol. Take your pic =p

I like smashing Helios bombs into a Loki. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable

Same reason why they make Hornets or Tornados when Tempests pack four times the damage into the same bank. Hornets have some use against fighters, Tornados a little more.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Never argue with me. I will drag you down to my level and beat you with experience.

Seems like something that was not on purpose by trashman's part.

I haven't used bombs against fighters in a long time, sounds like a way to go from pissed to relaxed really fast if say you somehow take out a dragon with a helios on a mission that made you pissed off.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Never argue with me. I will drag you down to my level and beat you with experience.

Seems like something that was not on purpose by trashman's part.

I haven't used bombs against fighters in a long time, sounds like a way to go from pissed to relaxed really fast if say you somehow take out a dragon with a helios on a mission that made you pissed off.

Feeling stressed? One thing to do: Fire up derelict and SMASH THAT PIRATE DEPOT!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
In INFR1 I smashed a support ship with an Armageddon bomb. Great stress reliever. :lol:
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
When I encounter a bug in a mission, instead of immediately trying to solve it, I destroy every ship in the mission and then go and solve it.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm.... what was that missile in the FS2 demo that they changed in Retail?  Tornado or Hornet, IIRC.  I liked the FS2 Demo one better.  I can post details if you like.
Go ahead, post it. I think it was the Hornet, but idk, i've never played teh demo.
Soon as I get home & can crank up FS2 and FS2 Demo.  :D
Had to play my way through Retail until I was authorized to carry the stupid GTM-4A Tornado.  :ick:

FS2 Retail, Hornet:

FS2 Retail, Tornado:

FS2 Demo, Tornado:

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
For me, I usually jump into the heaviest and strongest ship possible. I put all my wingmen into the fastest and most maneuverable ship. It just seems to help--you can load them with high-power primaries and some of the more-annoying secondaries. Whatever you do, never give your wingmen bombs--they have zero idea on how to use them. If I can jump into an Ursa and put them into Ulysses, that's the best thing I can do. The Kayser on the Ursa is an absolute life-saver--I've killed probably 50 fighters with it. Target and turn is the name of that game! It's so much easier trying to keep anything above you then trying to keep them in front of you. If they happen to get in front of me, I can try pounding them with horribly-misplaced primaries while turning/rotating to put them directly above me again. What's so fun is pounding Bats into space-junk while they try (and fail) to kill me. Never hit the trigger once...

Anyways--keep your wingmen on Primary-duty when playing on Insane... it just works better. They get the kill-order and you can go along with your job.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.