Author Topic: Tremulous  (Read 5401 times)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
sensitivity

I meant whats the game's max sensitivity setting.

Looks a bit unbalanced...The aliens are friggin strong...2 guys in battlesuits with chainguns can't kill a Tyrant!

I played 7 games, only 1 human win (JET-PACK will save your ARSE)

No joke. My friends would always beat us into the ground as aliens.

Also, clan tags are ugly and stupid.
Savage has some cool looking clan tags.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Umm, IDK, move the slider all the way to the right... :wtf:  Esc -> Options -> Controls, IIRC.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
A mistake or two??? Do you mean in the forums? If so please stop representing HLP to the world at large. ;)

I thought we had people on the books for that officially?  :lol: We got like 20 self appointed ambassadors as it as (like me).

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
No, in the game... if something doesn't work out right, some are quick to throw blame to the person actually trying to get something done, like a base move... which requires co-operation from your teammates... but they are too busy out there feeding the aliens, so right when I DC the reac, all of a sudden we've got 3-5 'Goons pouncing all over the place... d'uh, we lose, I get blamed 'cause I'm the builder holding the RC bag...

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It gets easier as you get better... and become an overpowered alien kill whore

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
That's the other part I hate... they can kill my rant in about 2 seconds when I'm rushing their base.. learned to swipe two or three times and hightail it outta there.  Butt as a hummy, IDK how they do it, they sit there and swipe and swipe while I'm pounding on them, or that's what it seems like.  Prolly I just suck.  :p

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Dangit..it's so EASY to kill with an alien.. most aliens can kil any human (excpet battlesuit) with just ONE hit...

Example - me, human in Light armor, helmet, battery pack, Mass Driver vs a dragon. I hit it 6 times in the head with the slow-fireing, low ammo thing and it killed me in ONE pounce..and I was at 100% health. This stinks..
Even weak aliens can kill stronger humans far faster and easier then a weak human can a strong alien.

A Tyrant can swoop in and kill 5 basic humans soldiers in 5 seconds, while a guy in a Battlesuit can't do the same to the aliens. Simply badly balanced. Period. :mad:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I don't think headshots count extra against aliens, while they do for humans.  What weap were you using?  There is:

Rifle (Assault)
Pain Saw
Shotgun
Lasgun
Flamethrower
Mass Driver
Chaingun
Pulse Rifle
Lucifer Cannon

Oh, and they are fixing some of the balance issues in v 1.2, or so I've heard.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I hope to GOD they do...it's b0rked as it is....

And I tried all weapons...takes friggin forever to kill an alien with any of htem, while aliens can kill you in one pounce...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Two notable exceptions being the Flame Thrower and the Luci Cannon... but also, other weapons work quite well, it's just a matter of hitting them.  Aliens are so freaking agile you're lucky to get 5-10% of your shots onto them.  And they have no jump limitations, while the humans are stuck on 3-4 jumps and then they have to sit still for 3-4 seconds while their "stamina" recharges.  :mad:  To prevent "strafe jumping"... well, Urban Terror limits you to like 7 jumps, that's about right.  You get adrenaline pumping, I don't think you're going to roll over and become a Basi' breakfast after 3 jumps.  No freaking way.  These aren't civilians, they're soldiers.  They jump for fun 100 times before breakfast.  :p

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Those Dreghs are frekin annoying... tehy are so small and fast and cna climb over walls...allmost impossible to hit!

I've seen ONE take out a guy in a Batlesuit with higher-grade weapons (400 credits and higer)

I've yet to see a a few standard soldiers with a rifle take out a Tyrant. I once managed to run away from one long enough to empty 3 full clips into it's head (proally hte guy was a n00b) and after he killed me he waltzed into our base while 5 machingun turrets were shooting at it, take one out and escape... :mad:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
400 hp.... ARifle takes 5 hp per hit, so 80 rds; 3 clips, 30 rds each, the rant is dead, but that's if every bullet hits.  And yes, dretches are a pain right in the buns... probably the most powerful anti-infantry alien out there besides a goon or rant, when handled correctly.  You know, unless you have a helmet, if a dretch jumps on your head, it takes 96 hp from you... and if they have poison from their booster, then you're as good as dead unless you hit the M key just as they hit you.. and even then you're dead because they'll come back and bite you again.  ARifle would take five hits to a dretch to kill it... fat chance, you're lucky to hit 3 off of him unless he's a newb and goes in a straight line for you and stays off of the walls & ceiling.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I hope to GOD they do...it's b0rked as it is....

And I tried all weapons...takes friggin forever to kill an alien with any of htem, while aliens can kill you in one pounce...

I'm not always near the top on humans like I am on aliens... but it's still ****ing easy to make a kill of anything but a skilled player. An unskilled rant is easy, a skilled Dretch is hard.

I like to just take a rifle and not worry about armor in stage 1 since any alien can kill you right away any way. Dretches are bigger than they look, and they go down fast, the trick is to lure them to try and charge you. If people are feeding and the aliens start to get Goons it's a good time to pick up the shotty and some armor. Humans should ALWAYS travel in groups, and 3 shottys can kill a goon in seconds

In S2 I like to take a battery pack and pulse rifle... this combo is the equal of a goon, it's a matter of skill if you win against the goon or not.

Once you get to S3 there's no reason to complain, a good chainsuit can kill an okay rant in short order.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
sonds like the aliens are my thing.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!