Author Topic: RELEASE - Rain On Ribos 4  (Read 23470 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
RELEASE - Rain On Ribos 4
After I finally found another solid hostservice (thanks to Macfie):
THE RELEASE OF
"RAIN ON RIBOS 4"

We all know the story:
At 0300 houres on the 11th Febuary 2335 the SD Lucifer jumped into the Ribos System and anihilated Tombaugh Station...
What you did not know are events which surround this story of the Great War. Now they will be told.

Installation:
1. extract the the folder from the zip file into your FS 2 SCP directory
2. select RainOnRiobs4 as mod in the launcher and play!

Download:
Mirror 1 (FileFront)
Mirror 2 (MyDataBus)
Mirror 3
Patch to version 1.2 (Optional)

Requirements:
FS Port
FS Open 3.6.9

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The choise at the end of mission 16 is important! This choise will define what end mission for this campaign you will play.

Known Bugs:
BUG: "Can't read model file: fighterXX.pof"
SOLUTION: Open the mod.ini shiped with the folder and ajust the reference to FS Port in the last line of the mod.ini (no additional whitespace).

BUG: No HTL models, glowmaps etc.
SOLUTION: Open the mod.ini shiped with the folder and ajust the reference to the Media VPs in the last line of the mod.ini (no additional whitespace)

BUG: Any bug in a Red Alert missions (mission 3, 12 & 16)
SOLUTION: None, engine bug; wait for the next FS_open builds.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 01:38:27 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: RELEASE - Rain On Ribos 4
Arlight, was just playing FS1 until 3am in the morning last night! That line stuck in my head... "debris are still falling from orbit on Ribos 4".

Your first released campaign, Orpheus? Make sure it gets up on HC.

Offline 0rph3u5

the first one for FS Port---
and I've already written the submission request on HC
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wow you work pretty fast.

I'll try get this working on INFASA.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
 :yes:

The only thing that springs to my mind ATM is that the debriefs could have been more than one liners ;)

Grade A work :nod:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
A small question to help me with the conversion to INFA-mode:

What changes are included in the ships.tbl?

Offline 0rph3u5

What changes are included in the ships.tbl?

1 - all vasudan fighters are now allowed to carry vasudan weapons (VLL-19 replaces ML 16 (all); Fang replaces Fury (all); Barracuda allowed (Seth/Osiris/Amun(?))
2 - Demon (scan) and Lucifer (scan) phrased out
3 - Lucifer (HTL) added for the Credits-scene

==================

wow, my campaign's-to-play list is really stacking up.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
lol, meth

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Goddamn it! I thought I was the first one to come up with the idea of making a campaign based at Tombaugh! Eh, serves me right for not finishing mine sooner. :doubt:

Played through the first few missions, all up not bad. Few spelling errors and long pauses with no significant action spattered about here and there, but in all it's pretty damn good! One niggle I have is that your rendition of Tombaugh just doesn't feel like the fortress station it's made out to be. I'm probably heavily biased because of the overwhelming pride I hold over my version of Tombaugh (let's just say i've hit the FRED ship limit a few times, it's that massive), but I just felt that it wasn't as big as it sounded from the pilot banter in FS1.

Offline 0rph3u5

Mirror 3

thx - added

Played through the first few missions, all up not bad. Few spelling errors and long pauses with no significant action spattered about here and there, but in all it's pretty damn good! One niggle I have is that your rendition of Tombaugh just doesn't feel like the fortress station it's made out to be. I'm probably heavily biased because of the overwhelming pride I hold over my version of Tombaugh (let's just say i've hit the FRED ship limit a few times, it's that massive), but I just felt that it wasn't as big as it sounded from the pilot banter in FS1.

long pauses? - hm... than you are faster in killing shivans than I was when I did the balancing

defenses of Tombaugh -- well it is a comprimise and actually wanted to add more sentries or one or the other cruiser but I though there would be an increase of security measures when the Taranis got there and I should keep me the option of increasing security open
but in the end the whole sentries buisness did not matter (you will see) and they were sacraficed for adding more shivans to the final-assault-on-Tombaugh-mission (it is the only mission which hits 100 objects)

==================

Tried running it but....

Error: Can't open model file <dock01-terran.pof>
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1902
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the FS port mod installed so that shouldn't be the problem.

Help?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What version of the FSPort?

I can't find the version info anymore for my Fsport.  All I know is I downloaded it through Turey's installer.(Im pretty sure that has the latest.)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Just check in your FS2 folder..you should have afolder called FS1_Port2_6 or FS_Port3_0_4 or something like that..that number tells the verison

It's just generically labelled "fsport"

Oh wow, My title/rank thingy is apparently 1 number greater then before.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
And in that folder? What's hte VP file called?

I think fsport3_0_4.vp is the last one

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I have the same problem, with 3.0.4.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline 0rph3u5

Error: Can't open model file <dock01-terran.pof>

thats the polaris-extensions I've put on Tombaugh...
hmm...

please check Known Bug 1

==================