Poll

Have you played through Raider Wars in TBP Final without problems?

Yes it ran fine.
5 (20%)
No, I had problems.
20 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Have you played through Raider Wars in TBP Final without problems?  (Read 8470 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Have you played through Raider Wars in TBP Final without problems?
A little poll. I just want to know things are working.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Asprin

Re: Have you played through Raider Wars in TBP Final without problems?
Well, i have one problem, but it is not about campaign, it's about TECH DATABASE: when i ran TBP second time there were less data on ships then for the first TBP start. I've restarted TBP with new pilot but it is ineffectual.  :(
QuantreTech Studios

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Well, i have one problem, but it is not about campaign, it's about TECH DATABASE: when i ran TBP second time there were less data on ships then for the first TBP start. I've restarted TBP with new pilot but it is ineffectual.  :(

So did the campaign run okay?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Asprin

No problems with both campaigns....and no more problems with TECH DATABASE. It was my mistake, sorry!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 01:18:10 pm by Asprin »
QuantreTech Studios

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
It works fine for me until i get to the mission where you have just joined the hermes, and your ship has been infected with a virus and psi cops go nuts, My problems start when you are ordered to disable the GOD sat, i do that but it still shows in the directives as still been active and i get messages saying the God is powering up its beam cannon, despite the fact i disabled or destroyed it(on the second try) but when i destroy it the game crashes to the desktop with no error messages.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline aRaven

I have the same problem as starbuck

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Mine crashes at  the mission were you are helping the freighters and the hood.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline DiabloRojo

• Como los chupacabras para desayuno.
    • Dienet - The Place You Go to Die (back after 5 years, baby!)
I put in a 'no' vote due to problems I experienced, detailed here for crashes to desktop with 'Freespace has encountered an error' at very specific times in two of the missions.  However, after just trying the mission a few more times including with the debug build, they worked and I was unable to reproduce afterward.  I haven't gone back yet to try it more, but my only [un-educated] guess is something in the sexps revolving around the G.O.D. sat/objectives update that the newer build isn't liking if the circumstances are 'perfect.'

I was somewhat skeptical of that being the cause as I eventually got through the missions after repeated attempts, though it is the only time I've had such crashes and seeing Starbug aRaven and Capt.Jack having similar crashes in the Slipping the Noose mission pushes me back to my shaky hypothesis...

Edit - typos

same problem as starbug and the entire mission it keeps telling me that I bought spoo ranch shares

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
the problems with the voice-acting in "Nobody Expects" are still there

I've not voted yet since I'm not done yet
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Slipping the Noose sounds like it's behaving very wierdly. If anyone wants to take a look feel free. My time is so limited it's not funny.

Offline 0rph3u5

There is a "borken" brakiri vessel in "night scenario"

Slipping the Noose sounds like it's behaving very wierdly. If anyone wants to take a look feel free. My time is so limited it's not funny.

that is the mission I'm just on; I'll look into it
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline guppy

Have finished the campaign with only 1 problem.  "Slipping the Noose" crashes, but at a different place  each time....Solution..Got myself killed 5 times by the PSi fighters and skipped the mission ! :nervous:
Guppy

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
You'll get my vote when the blessed darkness of winter comes.

Apologies for not being more helpful... Hell itself is coming for me. :blah:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline 0rph3u5

I ran into problems with "slipping the nose"... that's why I voted NO

IPAndrews, check your PM inbox

==================

Offline DiabloRojo

• Como los chupacabras para desayuno.
    • Dienet - The Place You Go to Die (back after 5 years, baby!)
I tinkered around in FRED and removed one event that I didn't like how it operated (is-goal-incomplete for the disable/destroy god sat) and it's continued to play (from the tech room) without issues 4 more times... Granted, it hasn't crashed for me ever since I finally compled the mission during the campaign...

I'm in no way an experienced FREDder, but the event just seemed to me like it could create constant re-checks of whether or not the other goal had returned true or not.  Most likely barking up the wrong tree though.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
My own PC is going to be out of action for a couple of weeks so I can't check this. I did do some messing with objectives in RW3 that's true. To make the objectives easier to follow and or more meaningful. So that's as likely to be a source of problems as anything else that has changed. That said.. a SEXP of any kind should never cause a complete Crash To Desktop  :(

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
it keeps saying i bought spoo ranch shares... :nervous:

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

yeh join the club   :wtf:

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Same. :wtf:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL