Author Topic: Battle for Deneb  (Read 15345 times)

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
But the guys still work during battle--as evident by some stupid stuff like a certain disabled Hecate :ick:. Let's face it--even when entering "critical battle", you don't expect you hull to look like the inside of a dough nut...

hi,
i think if damage-controll teams are needed on important places to make battle repairs, then the bulkheads will open a short time so that they can pass.
but i dont think that they during a battle are open.

ask volition if they have some

akenbosch

i dont think they have some.
its a lot of work to make blue prints and i think volition was busy enough with the game itself, as they had produce so little details.

Blah blah blah...

There also was the Hades destroyer in that cutscene, in a very unprobable location. I remember DySkO's comment on the last FS1 cutscene: the Lucifer emerges from subspace near our Homeworld just because of certain game needings... a glorious return to the place where everything started. That's why DySkO said that the Delta Serpentis node could not be near Earth.

For the same reason, I think that we shouldn't waste time in creating theories about the presence of a derelict in the outer orbit of a planet. There simply was no other way to start with FS2...

buts its fun to speculate :D

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
It's still canon. You can't refute that.

I know, but please take in consideration the "cinematographic needings". Just like in a film about Moses, where the part related to the great escape is exaggerated.

You can use the same reasoning to excuse the Lucifer for having shields since the game needed an "end boss". Just because there seems to be a game related need, doesn't mean it was made just because of that. As it stands, the node is near Earth, which I don't see what the problem is.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
That's where fs is cool. It has no bosses. The last mission on fs1 was like any other mission in the game, you get sortied for a normal mission, or a critical mission. The last mission in fs2 was another critical mission. Although very hard, no boss to defeat, unless you consider the shivans the boss, it was just another highly critical mission you got sortied on.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
The lucifer can be considered the game's boss since it shares many characteristics that define bosses.

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
But it's more of a plot device than a boss. You don't directly interact with it.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
But it's more of a plot device than a boss. You don't directly interact with it.

Except trough bombs and disruptors....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You never actually did attack the Lucy. Only protected bombers who did. (unless you change your loadout)

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

You see it destroying the Galatea, you enter it's docking bay, you fight it in the end of the game in a race against time to save the Earth. That's interaction enough. The NPCs in the game are scared ****less by it. It's extremelly powerful, it's one of a kind and it led the shivan incursion.

It's a boss.

You never actually did attack the Lucy. Only protected bombers who did. (unless you change your loadout)

To be honest, I've never flown the last few missions of the game in a fighter, only in an Ursa.  :p

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You see it destroying the Galatea, you enter it's docking bay, you fight it in the end of the game in a race against time to save the Earth. That's interaction enough. The NPCs in the game are scared ****less by it. It's extremelly powerful, it's one of a kind and it led the shivan incursion.

You never shoot at it in all of those occasions. It's not a boss.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
To be honest, I've never flown the last few missions of the game in a fighter, only in an Ursa.  :p

Ditto. I've always loved the feeling of chucking bombs at the Lucy's reactors.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

You never shoot at it in all of those occasions. It's not a boss.

So you need to shot it before the decisive battle for it to be a boss?

By that logic, Bowser is not a boss in many Mario games since you only fight him in the end.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If you played it as you should (with the Herc), you wouldn't have directly killed the Lucy.

But whatever.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
You don't need to directly kill a boss to defeat it.

Hell, there are games in which bosses are defeated by simply not being dead after a certain period of time. Or by doing something else besides engaging it directly.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Hey, it's the second time I mention Sephiroth today!

You fight him only at the end of FFVII, and he is considered by the most as the best "Enemy" of the Saga.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Athena with Harpoons, Stilletos and avengers...kill a few fighters, shoot a reactor a bit...rinse and repeat  :D
that's how I didz it!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Athena with Harpoons, Stilletos and avengers...kill a few fighters, shoot a reactor a bit...rinse and repeat  :D
that's how I didz it!

Harpoons?

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I always chose an Ursa.With every bank Harbringer bombs. :P  All 17 times. :P
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Guess I was the only one who never touched the loadout.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
that's how I didz it!

Harpoons?

whatever...interceptor...or Fury missiles

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Guess I was the only one who never touched the loadout.
I've never tweaked my loadout, either, but that certainly doesn't mean I've never attacked the Lucifer.  Hell, about 4 out of 5 times playing the mission, I've wound up being the ship that destroys the final reactor.  Those doubled-up Banshees do about a percent of damage every two hits, after all.