Author Topic: Fighter02  (Read 27367 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Screenshots died. Derp.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:26:52 am by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
Is that one of those oddly shaped Shivan bombers that you sit behind and shoot at?
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
That's the Anubis. :rolleyes:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
I think thats one of those ships where taking some artistic liberty would be welcome, to make it look more vasudanish
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
the head...I don't recall it looking like that...dunno...do someting with the head... :ick:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
's how it looks. Oi've seen tha' thing enuff times for me teh noe wot it looks loik.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I think thats one of those ships where taking some artistic liberty would be welcome, to make it look more vasudanish

I like the shape of my target practice just the way it is, thankyouverymuch! PS. Make sure the big box greebles on the wings conform to the texture! Take a look at the Anubis shinemap and notice the oblong shiny patches on the wings.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yes, go around the grafting of the maps.

Also remember, that Anubises are cheap crap and should look assembled hastily. Also, don't forget to put those green pipe weed things on the wings.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I found a hole in it and i think i know how it happend.I cannot fix it so i will start over. :mad:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
well, when you do, give it the vasudan equivalant of a cockpit instead of that box tucked under the top fin.

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Um, the whole point of HTL'ing a model is to give it more detail, not redesign it.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Sometimes the model just needs to redesigned to make it look better.

Wasn't the deimos also redesigned?

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
As well as the Hecate, and Orion, and Ravana, and Moloch, and and and... And im SURE you use all of them :rolleyes:

People like to yell about cannon when it comes to re-designs, but when their done right, they wont use anything else :P
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'd rather have the box rather than a Vasudan cockpit. If some have cockpits and some are just boxes it tends to make things look messed up and untidy.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Wasn't the deimos also redesigned?

Uh, no.

Every ship that has been detailed has pretty much been exactly the same as their counterparts except with greebling and various doohickeys.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It says 'redesigned' on the Wikipedia article, which is complete bull****.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Uh, no.

Every ship that has been detailed has pretty much been exactly the same as their counterparts except with greebling and various doohickeys.

They're not quite the same...some more than others.... :p
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I think that all of the hi-poly models in the mediavps remain true to the original designs.

Good luck with the Anubis

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The Dis isn't, but the original Dis was horrible.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Dis isn't completely redesigned, just radically redesigned for the bettah.