Author Topic: Cruiser and lots of them  (Read 14060 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

Well if he's pimping...

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Holy reskin, batman!
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Alright, settle down people.  At least keep it marginally close to topic.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Grey Wolf

Not only is it a reskin, it's a reskin with subsystem and weapon rearrangement, not to mention a different TBL entry! How much would you be willing to pay for this great ship?  
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Hmm, well let's see..I have a $10 a month allowance..uhh..say, 2 bucks  
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Grey Wolf

Sold to the valued member in the blue box!

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
cool, now I can blow up stu
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Woomeister:
New Eclipse:

Using the old ITD Ryujin skins. I like.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
My battle cruiser is gonna kickas$ when it's done ( needs turrets, lods and textures )

------------------

------------------
                                    [email protected]                   Staff member of
Inferno.    
Soc Inferno

Gost of the past
iqc
the the mod place!
Join our forums at the modplace!
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Originally posted by Setekh:
Using the old ITD Ryujin skins. I like.  

And the ship itself  

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom

Originally posted by Shrike:
Hmmm, you know those things would probably need buttloads of maintenance, right?  Those kind of massive refits tend to be very expensive and in the long run be less useful than entirely new ships.

Actually, no. The hull sections of the head and engine are the same, basically, but the internals are much newer. Although, the engine section is largely untouched (except for a tune-up) since it was working okay anyway.

It's the fact that the ship is partially prefabricated which makes it more appealing to Command; it can be pumped out faster and at a lower cost. Considering the plot of WoF, it would be preferable to the more expensive Aeolus.

The other reason is, Aeoluses have to have a ton of ultra-compact (and ultra-expensive) systems to support their high turret density. Peleuses are less condensed, so they don't need that extra compactness. Besides, Peleuses are better against capships than Aeoluses, thanks to its forward MGreen.  
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Woomeister:
And the ship itself  

Oh yeah, and that too.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.