Author Topic: Splinter Cell: Double Agent  (Read 5203 times)

Offline Roanoke

Re: Splinter Cell: Double Agent
You can probably get a pretty decent upgrade for $50 or so on ebay.

examples/suggestions please.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I don't know if anyone knows this but, the Xbox and PS2 version is completely is a completely different game from the 360, pc, and PS3 version. The story has a few differences, all of the levels are completely different even the ones that are in the same location as the other version. Unlike the next gen version, the old gen PS2 and Xbox version has no daylight levels and plays exactly like Chaos Theory with a couple new small features. The old gen also has a different multiplayer mode. Instead of the Spies vs Mercs mode, it has been changed to Spies vs Spies. Don't ask me how Spies vs Spies plays, I can't get broadband.

I really wish we had that game on the PC instead of this garbage "next gen" version.

examples/suggestions please.

A quick check indicates that used 7600GTs go for about that much. It would be around 10x as fast as an MX440. :p

Offline Roanoke

A used GPU strikes me as a bad idea, especially as new AGPs are super cheap  :doubt:

Thanks for the tip though.

The main problem with Splinter Cell is I usually play games when listening to music and that doesn't really work in stealthy, story-driven games...

Aww, you mean you don't listen to Breaking Benjamin and the rest of the Halo 2 Vol 1 soundtrack when playing Splinter Cell? Oh man, you don't know what you're missing.. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I find the music in-game very fitting, albeit a little wierd toward the end of the storyline of Chaos Theory.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
So I got Double Agent free with my XBox 360 purchase I just recently made (it also came with Forza Motorsport 2 which I love).  I tried the training scenarios of which I passed the first one eventually and couldn't figure out the solution to the second one.  And I tried the first mission and got destroyed right away.  Damn this is a hard game!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

The SC series has always been hard. It is, however, a game of patience; wait for the pattern to develop, then move when you've got it.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
In the first and second SC, I'd shoot them all if possible. In CT and DA, I knock just about all of them. Cheap-ass way to finish, but it leaves a 0% chance of being detected on your way out.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The main problem with Splinter Cell is I usually play games when listening to music and that doesn't really work in stealthy, story-driven games...

Command & Conquer (the first one) has some good tracks for that. :P Rain In The Night and On The Prowl come to mind. Tiberian Sun's Gloom and Dusk Hour do as well.

TRY HARDER! That was about thirty seconds of thought on my part, you need more variety in your collection of tracks. :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
In the first and second SC, I'd shoot them all if possible. In CT and DA, I knock just about all of them. Cheap-ass way to finish, but it leaves a 0% chance of being detected on your way out.

I like to grab them from behind in CT, since they all have unique things to say to you and some of their comments are quite amusing. They took a step backwards in DA and made it like the previous games, where only a handful of guys would say anything to you.

As for the music, the SC games have generally had very good music. It's dynamic like FS2 and changes depending on the situation. That was the one thing DA actually got right, as the music is not only excellent but also implemented well. As I mentioned in the first post, the music volume varies depending on how close you are to an enemy, which adds to the tension when you're trying to creep up behind someone.

Offline Roanoke

I meant I'll put on a CD or the radio then play games. Can't really play Splinter Cell with Artic Monkeys on in the background. Kinda gets in the way....

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oh, and Xbox version of DA ftw. No bugs, and plot holes are plugged. ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta