Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221445 times)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
that would be great becausze your connections better than mine .........
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Hope y'all have a crackin nite! I still cant join in cos im moving house and my windows computer + joystick are snug in storage :-(
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline captain-custard

it works on linux as well and even on macs and maybe one day on your mp3 player ....pmsl
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline captain-custard

ok im heading into multi anyone who wants to play you know where it is

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Well I'm there but you aren't. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft
The best way to connect is just through the game itself though.  Connections via standard IRC clients was mainly just for testing and interest reasons, and will be disabled in a few months (poses too much of a security and maintenance problem otherwise).

No because a while ago I was on the IRC channel there was like 15+ people in there chatting away. Soz...yeah...
What's up?

Freespace: Amit
Forums: GTSVA        
High Scores: Natroz

Offline captain-custard

if anyones up for playing tomorrow night( wednesday) then im up for it , i was wondering if there is anything we have not bug tested in 3..6.10?

if anyone knows of a mission or campaign we havent run through yet please post here

for fubar , is there a server thats better to test on for you and should we run a debug version?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
If you mean the standalones not really.  Both machines are identical except for the video card which shouldn't matter for a standalone anyway.  The only thing is try to keep track of what version people are running and what ever was happening at the time if a crash occurs.  Debug is up to you. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline captain-custard

thanks

No because a while ago I was on the IRC channel there was like 15+ people in there chatting away. Soz...yeah...

I like the irc too....you can look at the logs to see what are the times with more pple around

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
One day i'll be able to rekindle my Delirium wing skillz.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline GTSVA

• Born to Fly
    • Minecraft

I like the irc too....you can look at the logs to see what are the times with more pple around

SOO WHATS THE THINGIE???
What's up?

Freespace: Amit
Forums: GTSVA        
High Scores: Natroz

Offline captain-custard

any one up for playing tonite? 3.6.10 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Tonight yes.  This afternoon no.  That's Eastern time. 

I will be on tonight doing some multi testing in either FS2 or TBP. 

Offline captain-custard

ok i need to write down fubar time so , in how many hours from now? ; whats your gmt+? mines gmt+1

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
GMT -05:00  I usually start playing around Midnight GMT.  Might be a little earlier today. 

Offline captain-custard

ok if im still alive ill be there

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Taylor has released another new test build for multi:  http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,57717.0.html

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
I'm hosting a 3.6.9 mediaVP standalone with that latest build if anyone wants to play on it... I'm downloading the latest 3.6.10 beta ones and will start another standalone with that soon.

My upload is throttled on a per-connection basis so it's really much higher than the sites report. Let me know if anyone has any problems with it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:44:05 pm by DragonClaw »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I'm hosting a 3.6.9 mediaVP standalone with that latest build if anyone wants to play on it... I'm downloading the latest 3.6.10 beta ones and will start another standalone with that soon.

My upload is throttled on a per-connection basis so it's really much higher than the sites report. Let me know if anyone has any problems with it.

Your server can't be seen.  It's showing up on FS2netD so it's most likely a firewall issue on your end.