Author Topic: C&C95 Freeware!  (Read 5773 times)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Yep...works on XP...but I think you need a tiny little patch to make it work properly.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Plus goddamn it Nod's chem missle was annoying.

If you are playing with GDI, it's a good idea to use the firestorm wall to destroy the missile. :p
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.

If you are playing with GDI, it's a good idea to use the firestorm wall to destroy the missile. :p

I know that, but it's still annoying as ****.  Goddamn it NOD was annoying n that game in general.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
One thing that seriously annoys me about lots of game publishing companies is that they keep golden classics like this locked up forever and ever. The best example of this was Apogee. If you look on their website for the late 1980's vintage game called "crystal caves", they still charge $15 for it. It's wrong, so wrong.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Since this is apparently the version they shipped with The First Decade, it'll probably need the LAN patch to get it working online.

I imagine that's it, or Mefustae would have mentioned otherwise.

Offline Roanoke

doesn't work iirc. Though in single player the Comp-NOD becomes obcessed with destroying the firestorm walls so it's a handy decoy.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Yes Firestorm does work against the missile...I usually spent most of my money developing a firestorm wall just to stop that damned missile. 

TS wasn't a very fun game in skermish mode for reasons like this...good fun for the single player but everything else was annoying and slow.  The original C&C, Red Alert, Red Alert 2, and everything since has been much more my style.
- IceFire

Offline Topgun

what does it mean when it says nod iso and GDI iso? are those versions or something?

There are two CDs, the Nod and GDI. One for the Nod campaign, the other for, yeah. You can play the game with either one.

I never liked the CnC games that much even though I have all of them (except the very first). For me it's only been good as a mindless time-waster, which isn't a bad thing. Just not very challenging or interesting gameplay.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
You need the NOD CD in for the NOD missions and the GDI CD in for GDI missions.  Its mostly because of all of the FMV they included.
- IceFire

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
TS wasn't a very fun game in skermish mode for reasons like this...good fun for the single player but everything else was annoying and slow.  The original C&C, Red Alert, Red Alert 2, and everything since has been much more my style.

TS was actually very good online, better than RA in my opinion. It was still pretty fast paced (like the two games before it) but the sides and units were much better balanced.

Skirmishes are indeed faster and more fun in RA though. The TS AI is far more defensive than the RA one. I tend to play TS with the Eternity mod instead (one of the most crazy, WTF-inducing TCs I have seen for any game :D).

You need the NOD CD in for the NOD missions and the GDI CD in for GDI missions.  Its mostly because of all of the FMV they included.

There are several unused action videos on the CDs that are worth a look. You can use a fanmade program called XCC AV Player to look at them.

I wish they still had the action scenes in more recent C&C games. I used to love those. C&C and RA had a lot of them, TS had some but not as many, and RA2 and C&C3 basically had none.

Offline Topgun

I can't get the darn exe to work, stupid kernel32.dll.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Have you enabled "Windows 95" compatibility mode ? And have installed the XP patch (thipx32.dll) ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea