Author Topic: "t-Shirt" Photoshop Fun :)  (Read 9194 times)

Offline Fozzy

• Wokka wokka wokka!
  • Wanabe A Mighty Modder
    • Fozzy's Myspace
"t-Shirt" Photoshop Fun :)
Heres an idea for all you arty folk out there.....
desin a freespace "Open Source" t-shirt

rules are: must look cool, and be on a black background  (black is the best color for t-shirts....), and everyone has permision to copy the design to make there own FS t-shirts.
The Terran VolksWagen Project - Lol
"that was a little too close, we gota wait fifteen mins to change our shorts" = (snipes, FS2)
I can whoop your ass with my LOGITECH

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Re: "t-Shirt" Photoshop Fun :)
Ever heard of a site called Threadless?

They accept designs that people (IE: you and me) send in, if they're voted for enough then they're put into production so people could buy them.

If the shirts were fashionable enough, who knows? Could work...

Offline DiabloRojo

• Como los chupacabras para desayuno.
    • Dienet - The Place You Go to Die (back after 5 years, baby!)
CafePress.com must not have a UK counterpart, eh?  You can make and sell whatever you like.  They let you make whatever just for yourself or you can open up shop and sell your designs/etc. to anyone.  Of course, CafePress makes a nice margin on what you sell to other people.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
i think the idea is to make a free shirt design for everyone to use...and you know, not have one person profit from it?

best idea is to make it background neutral.  that way it can go on whatever shirt we want.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline DiabloRojo

D'oh, I posted before finishing my thoughts (bad habit while at work).

Where I was going with that was that the proceeds could go toward hosting costs and whatnot.  Like a bake sale...

except with photo-shopping...

...on t-shirts.

Such as, design contest and then the top whatever # get put up on CP with multiple things to choose from.  Seriously.. SCP coffee mug?  I'll take 3.  SCP beer stein?  87.  After looking around, I don't see that they ship outside North America so that hurts that idea.  Still, it can be used for some people to upload the design(s) themselves.

Offline Fozzy

• Wokka wokka wokka!
  • Wanabe A Mighty Modder
    • Fozzy's Myspace
thats a good idea, FS Stuff, to buy (delivered all over the world Including the UK) to fund the website.... i would pay £10 for a t-shirt if its made well, and £5 for a cup..
"that was a little too close, we gota wait fifteen mins to change our shorts" = (snipes, FS2)

Offline DiabloRojo

This is what makes cafepress fun..

Using this test logo:  (btw, if you're not using at least IE7, FireFox or Opera, this won't show up correctly as it uses PNG transparency)

Offline Fozzy

• Wokka wokka wokka!
  • Wanabe A Mighty Modder
    • Fozzy's Myspace
i cant find that SCP logo in caffe press

Offline DiabloRojo

Sorry, I just uploaded it to make test images on the t-shirts and whatnot but didn't save anything.

You can right-click and save the mage from my post then upload it to CP yourself though.  It's the same file I used for those.

Uhm, sorry to butt in here, but I think CafePress do ship outside NA. I got some T-shirts from there myself. Although I think a UK version of the site is supposed to be in progress somewhere.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I really ought to get myself an SCP t-shirt. Just to see if anyone ever recognises it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fozzy

• Wokka wokka wokka!
  • Wanabe A Mighty Modder
    • Fozzy's Myspace
I really ought to get myself an SCP t-shirt. Just to see if anyone ever recognises it.

why dont you design some T-shirts and all proffets could go towards HLP, if this is done i will deffently buy one, the links can be stuck in the donate section

HLP needs to live FOREVER      :shaking::wakka::shaking:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Just to see if anyone ever recognises it.

You'd be surprised. A huge builder once walked into my office and recognised a TBP screenshot I had as my desktop wallpaper.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline DiabloRojo

Ok, I made an enormous new GTVA 'swoosh', then played around with a few more possibilities...

These are still just for thoughts, but if anyone does want to use any logos shown, just PM me.  If no one else wants to try making something (or share it) to go on a shirt/etc, then toss me some ideas... work is killing my creativity.  Er, and if the idea could work as a HLP fund-raiser, well, that'd just be super.

(animated gifs)
T-shirt with front and back print
Miscellaneous items

An idea I've got.....how about using the corporate logos for the different companies that exist in FreeSpace (like the ones that show up in the Colossus cutscene/ship selection screen) on a t-shirt....?

It's just that, well, I'd like to pretend I work for Nankam Aeronautical....

How sad is that?  :blah:

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I wonder if those company names are protected....

I've wondered about that myself. IIRC some of the names were taken from Volition staff members' names.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 12:51:16 pm by lostllama »

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£

You'll probably get attacked by Derek Smart, but then, that could happen if you were wearing a T-Shirt with a Coke logo too....

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
LOL, Imagine if you saw a girl wearing a SCP thong! i would probably either drop dead from shock or "DIVE DIVE DIVE" and hit mah burners rofl

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
LOL, Imagine if you saw a girl wearing a SCP thong! i would probably either drop dead from shock or "DIVE DIVE DIVE" and hit mah burners rofl

thank you for my first rofl of the day
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D