Author Topic: Help installing FSO on a Mac  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Shiku

Help installing FSO on a Mac
Friend has a Mac and I am trying to help him set it up, but we keep running into problems.

Right now the problem is that the game won't run, he has it installed, and has the 2.0.1 launcher.

Is there anywhere I can find a walkthrough or trouble shooting for installing on a MAC. So far I have found tons of help for Windows, but almost nothign for Mac.

Thank you for the help!
No one becomes depraved all at once.

I followed Snipes quite wide and far,
And he led us to an unknown star,
But as soon as I surveyed the scene,
A great Sathanas did fill my screen,
As it rushed forward for a jump,
The both of us seemed destined to bump,
Until I heard Snipes, not too quiet,
“Dive, Dive!! Hit your burners, pilot!!!!” -Trayus

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Help installing FSO on a Mac
Quote from: http://www.fsoinstaller.com/sanote.html
A note to the members of Something Awful Forums
Hello, my name is Turey, and I wrote the FreeSpace Open Installer. All of you at Something Awful seem to have taken quite an interest in both FreeSpace Open and my Installer. I'm always glad to see more people become interested in FreeSpace Open, but the addition of the SA traffic to the normal traffic has caused a problem for one of the file hosts that the Installer relies on. As such, the retail files and the Derelict mod campaign have been temporarily removed from the Installer.

I understand that this is inconvenient, but it has to be done. In the meantime, here's an alternative method of downloading. If you download the HotU Version, then run my Installer on top of it, it should result in an almost identical install to what you would have gotten with the retail files in my Installer. If you're looking for Derelict, you can get it from Hades-Combine.

Thank you for your cooperation, and I hope you enjoy playing FreeSpace Open.