Author Topic: The Babylon Project Campaign Pack 1.0 now available! (thread updated)  (Read 28460 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: The Babylon Project Campaign Pack 1.0 now available! (thread updated)
Oh, I upped the damage of the Nova and Hyperions weapons considerbably.

They still get creamed but they finally managed to take one of the Sharlins with them (was playing EM-war Demo) :D

This is, this should be default.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Back to the campaign pack.  If I remember correctly the 3.4a patch used a version of Turey's installer.  Any chance of getting the campaigns added as options?
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Oh, I upped the damage of the Nova and Hyperions weapons considerbably.

They still get creamed but they finally managed to take one of the Sharlins with them (was playing EM-war Demo) :D

This is, this should be default.

Even if the balancing of TBP is far away from perfect, if you start to change the EA weapons, you got to upgrade the Narn ships too and the...
Still, I agree, the Hyperion is basically worthless. Just one question: How did you do that? changed the code?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Pft...ships.tbl and weapons.tbl.

And I changed E-M War era ships only, so no other ships needed change. Nova is still a rust bucket that will get creamed by any other later destroyer, but at least it can fight back a bit.

Offline Skullar

There is nothing wrong with balancing. The Minbari ships just were vastly superior to Earthforces.
Otherwise Lefcourt wouldn't have jacked off and broadcasted the Sheridan-nuked-a-sharlin-show on all pay-tv channels.

Apparently some do still not understand how one-sided this "war" was.
Greetings and kisses !

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I do...Sheridans victory was significant since it was a 1-on-1 with a Sharlin and Sheridan won...and lived.

I wathced the show and NEVER got the impression that the Mimbari weren't taking losses themselves. Yes, they were vastly superior...but just how much is vastly? Human weapons weren't THAT pathetic from what I recall.

yes, it took a whole friggin fleet to take out 1 sharlin, but in-game even 2 full fleets can't do it.
200 damage per shot for those guns on the Nova?
Christ, even the blob turrets on the FS1 Orion were better than that.

800-1000 shuld be the damage IMHO (similar to the Warlocks plasma cannons)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I think the problems with the Mimbari war more towards targeting and sensors then weapons.  The Mimbari were not being picked up on sensors. They could also do pinpoint jumps into our fleets using not only their weapons but the shockwave of the jump point forming to tear through our forces before we could even lock on. 

I guess what I am saying is that it wasn't that we couldn't damage the ships we just never got the chance after the initial firefight.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Well, targeting is a issue in the campaign, as well as jumping, but you're claiming humans couldn't get a shot off?

Note that even with 1000 damage per Hypersion/Nova big guns it still take a whole fleet ot take out (barelay) one Sharlin... I'm talking 3 Novas + support Hyperions.

The way it is ATM, 10 Novas and 20 Hyperions can't scrath a Sharlin.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Actually I was defending your theory that the weapons should do more damage.  If you watched the series you should have noticed that most of the flashbacks to the Earth Mimbari war show very quick confused battles from the Earth ships.  Thus my point that it wasn't that the weapons couldn't do more damage they just didn't have the chance.

Offline maje

This is just one of the things that never seemed to make that much sense to me and I think that has more to do with making the Minbari overpowered period.  I mean, for God's sake, Delenn's White Star group took out a whole Drakh raiding party in Lines of Communication.  While the White Stars are indeed impressive, the Drakh LIVED on Z'ha'dum with direct access to ALL of the Shadows' technology.  There is no way that they should've been destroyed as easily as they had been.  At best, it should've ended in stalemate.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Minbari, but for the love of God, there should be races outside of the First Ones that can give them a run for thier money.  From what was mentioned in the Legions of Fire Trilogy, it may have well indeed been the Drakh, since the plague was originally going to be used on Minbar after the Shadow planet killer destroyed Earth.  Other races would include the Third Space aliens (but seriously, these guys fall into the First Ones category seeing how they one-upped the Vorlons for a while), and The Hand (well that's more speculative at this point since the only thing we saw were a few small attack craft blow apart the Valen and damage the Liandra).
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Cavane

scriptwriting can be Looooooooooooooooooooooooooong, i know that !!!!

The Earth Alliance Civil War script is complete, and I started writing it in  2001 I think. Or earlier ?

I know how that goes.  I've got some scripts lying around for a campaign that I was going to make, but I never had the time/patience to learn FRED.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The Minbari are meant to be the strongest race out there apart from the First Ones. Even the Centauri at their height of their power were scared of them.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The Minbari are meant to be the strongest race out there apart from the First Ones. Even the Centauri at their height of their power were scared of them.

They ought to be the strongest, but it's being overdone to the max ATM.

Offline drb1986

Sorry if im not known here yet, but i been reading this thread and its interesting to talk about the E-M war, but sad to say that our ships like the nova, hyperion and olympuses were of no match but if u remember from Mollari on humans part during in the beggining when he spoke of them we still made them fight hard for every inch of space to the point were even thier ships were getting killed, but on here on TBP thats how it should be. Oh btw i have a new mission that is almost done and its a beta not sure if yall caught my post on here but does anyone want to test it, its fun as hell and hard if need be.-D

Offline drb1986

Oh btw it wasnt till later on in what the late 2260's and 70's that the earthforce created the Warlock Class Destroyer only then we could mostly go 1 on 1 vs a Sharlin, even though i think also that the omega's were being upgraded some as well, there is a canonical event in the b5 universe where that happens even on youtube someone made a vid of it so ask me if u want the link.-D

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Post the link here.. and, use the "Modify" button on your posts, instead of double-posting, if the delay was only a few minutes.  ;)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Quote from: TrashMan link=topic=50337.msg1019122#msg1019122
but it's being overdone to the max ATM.

Your opinoin has been noted. As it was the first time. What I suggest you do now is jump in a time machine, go back a few years to when ship balancing was being discussed, and make your opinions known in that particular time frame. Thanks.  :yes:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:04:36 am by IPAndrews »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Alternate hip63 3.4 Installer mirror (includes the 3.4a patch): here.  (Never mind the odd title, there's a reason for that.  Extract using 7-Zip and enjoy!  ;)

Offline Objekt

Can someone please make a bittorrent file for this package?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
For which package?  The one I just posted about, or the Campaign pack 1.0, or both?  If it includes the 3.4a, I was waiting for the "last official" 3.4a to come out, as it had a few bugfixes that are needed.  (3.4b, I guess it would be?)