Author Topic: Freespace Motivational Challenge!  (Read 22358 times)

Re: Freespace Motivational Challenge!
Spartan... that was a most egregious mistake...

Hey, it's in the Classics section....

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

And most of us would prefer if it remained there. :ick:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
[lvlshot]http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/output/motivator1341681.jpg[/lvlshot]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:14:42 am by jr2 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You've been Dekkered jr2. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Oh yeah?  Highlight below:  :p
He, he, I'm smart! .. maybe.

[lvlshot]http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/output/motivator1341681.jpg[/lvlshot]
Just in case: http : // i15.tinypic. com/80zjrqf.jpg

'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
 :lol: That Pegasus needs normal maps. :p

BTW, do any of you guys have a problem where the images overlap the text on some cases? It goes away when I refresh the page, and hasn't happened on any of the other sites I go on.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Yes, I've had that problem, it goes away with a refresh, I'm using Mozilla FF 2 latest version... I think it's when the page incompletely loads, and FF just displays what it did get.  'Cause sometimes eg, the buttons won't have their associated pictures, and they only have text (in the main forum list).

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Yeah, or it could be a partial incompatibility issue. That's unlikely though, as more sites are keyed to Firefox.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Umm, it's rather rarely that it happens to me; usually, I'm uploading at max speed, and downloading at maybe half speed, as well as surfing... then it happens.  Or if my connection is having a hiccup.  Normally, though, it doesn't occur.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Does Utorrent completely kill your internet like BitComet does? When I'm up/downloading it makes my broadband into dial up for any other tasks that I'm running, even if it's only using a small portion of my bandwidth.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Limit the amount of connections.  Most likely it's clogging your router CPU, all the bandwidth in the world doesn't help if your router CPU is using 100% to just handle the amount of connections in and out. That's the most likely culprit anyway, if you've already limited it then I'll just shut up 'cause I don't really know what more can be done about it then.

I use Azureus Vuze, though, so I can't say anything about muTorrent [it's not actually UTorrent, the letter in front of it is the greek small letter mu. It's a reference to being small, as mu is used as the mark for "micro" unit prefix, or 10^-6 magnitude] or BitComet... the only problem with Azureus is that it's a bit of a resource hog... but I have more than enough RAM anyway and I can set the process for it to lower priority so it doesn't really interfere with other stuff I'm doing. Most of the time anyway.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I used to use Azureus, then dropped it, as I was a bit ticked off at them, and they were a resource hog... Any BT client can max out your router CPU, It does mine...  One of the things I've noticed that helps 500% (I can download @ max speed, upload @ max speed, and surf with only a barely noticeable delay) is cFosSpeed.. unfortunately, it's not free, but you can try it for 30 days.  OK, and BTW, your global max upload speed  in a BT client should be 80 - 90% of your real max upload speed, which you can find by:

Stopping all internet activity (not pausing the torrents, stopping them or closing the client, stop all streaming music, etc)...
Open up www.speedtest.net , let it find your max upload speed.
-divide the result (which is Kbits/sec) by 8
-multiply that result (now it is KBytes/sec) by 0.8 or 0.9
-Set that result to be your max upload speed, in KBytes/sec

This will optimize things for you... and, if you use uTorrent, use the Speed Guide (CTRL+G in main screen) as well, just make sure your upload is set appropriately after its done.

Oh, and if you find your internet slacking, even after throttling down / stopping your BT, try unplugging your router for 30 seconds or a minute... I have to do that with mine, it's a Motorola WR850G...

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

BTW, does anyone know a way to make your connection faster or better (a free method if possible)?

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

BTW, does anyone know a way to make your connection faster or better (a free method if possible)?

That. Was. Excellent.  :lol:

I can hear hundreds of crashes now...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Me too... As if thousands of voices suddenly cried out in terror. Then were suddenly silenced.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

HEY! The Star Wars quoting is MY JOB! but good one anyway
:lol:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Me too... As if thousands of voices suddenly cried out in terror. Then were suddenly silenced.

Of course, there was thousands inside the ship, they aint screaming now, are they? :D

Me too... As if thousands millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror. Then were suddenly silenced.

Actually, it's millions, but who's counting ?  :rolleyes:
                                           (<-----)

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-