Author Topic: Freespace Motivational Challenge!  (Read 22435 times)

Re: Freespace Motivational Challenge!
Not you. :p

There are only 3,000 10,000 crew on an Orion.

(Yes, I know what the actual quote is.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 09:58:50 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
There are 10 000.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
 :lol:

Meh, General Kenobi himself must have been at least a magnitude wrong in the original quote, since I can't really imagine Alderaan having population only measured in millions. Billions of voices would have likely been more accurate, unless Alderaan had a really well working population control (which, admittedly, is a plausible possibility)...

But the quote wasn't word-to-word anyway, so I modified it to suit the occasion better.

But, to stay on topic...

There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Nice.

Not you. :p

There are only 3,000 crew on an Orion.

I was talking about the Star Wars quote. :rolleyes:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Read. My. Posts. Spartan.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Wow, for a second, Firefox went haywire. Darn shame if I couldn't have seen the rest of this topic... :nervous:

Read. My. Posts. Spartan.

That's what my junk e-mail folder is for. Since HLP doesn't have that...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Quote from: Turey
(...) BtRL?

Yep. Slightly edited, obviously. Change to BW, Couple layers with different modes, edge enhance and gaussian blur, makes wonders to a screenshot that was originally so dark you could hardly see it had a Viper on it... :)

It could actually be pretty cool to have graphics like that in some Transcend-escue "flahback-portion" of some mission, or in a campaign where the PC comes to realization of being a Cylon skinjob. Or just for the cool factor.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Ryan

I love these! I showed them to my friends and they said they are interested in the game freespace. Good thing I can give it to them legally :)

Offline Ryan

That should be 2367, but otherwise good. :yes:

Offline Ryan

That should be 2367, but otherwise good. :yes:

Thanks :) . I'm not letting this thread die. What if the admins sticky it? That way even noobs get to see the really cool pictures.

Offline Nuclear1

Best. One. EVAR. :lol:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
LOL... good one. Now I'm inspired to make one.. .hmmmm....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
The ads under the ohcrap pic, they said things like"Search for sathfleetC8. and just for a laugh I clicked them. Look what came up!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Capella University!!! I though the planet is gone! :wtf:  Damn, they must build universities a lot stronger these days :P :p
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
But it's strange how it connected sathfleet to Capella.

Likely failed to find any references to a "Sathanas fleet" that weren't on the subject of Capella. ;)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com

Correction: 2367, 2268 is when Babylon 5 is set :p
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock