Author Topic: Red Faction 3. Hooray(?)  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Red Faction 3. Hooray(?)
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/36519/THQ-Confirms-Development-of-Red-Faction-Sequel#comments
Farrell continued, “We continue to strengthen our product development capabilities to support our long-term strategy of creating new owned intellectual properties. We look forward to launching Frontlines: Fuel of War at the end of this month. In fiscal 2009, we are well positioned for increased sales and profitability with strong owned intellectual properties such as Red Faction and Saints Row and well-known licensed franchises including WWE, UFC, Disney/Pixar and Nickelodeon.”

Thoughts?

Frankly, I really liked the first one. RF2 I'll pretend didn't exist and hope for the best with RF3, although I know that the chances of consolitis are very high. THQ isn't really known for giving their games the love and attention they need.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Re: Red Faction 3. Hooray(?)
RF1 is one of the worst FPS that I've ever played so unless they really bother to work on this I wont even pay attention.

Offline Koth

• Join the NTF! We have cookies!
RF1 was the first FPS I ever played. Those were good ol' times. Me sitting at the library computer and playing the RF1 demo.
The Signature is a Nuke!

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
RF1 had geomod which was very nice
I hate My signature!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
RF1 had geomod which was very nice
For the first 20 minutes, at least. Then it just got annoying having to watch out for puzzles that used that insipid gimmick. By the end, that is to say, but the time I got hopelessly stuck around this train or monorail station with lots of railguns... or something... anyway, it got old real fast.

A nice idea, but a little ahead of its time.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
*awaits a fire-breathing Zylonbane to enter thread*
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Death of strangulation and/or violent injection of cyanide will be involved if they don't port that bloody thing to mac. And if they make it another crappy intel-only lazy CIDER portation, they will drown in theyr own quit pure malovelent piss.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
RF1 was pretty good but I never got around to playing RF2.  I remember playing RF1 at the Volition offices with some of the other Volition Watch staff members - Remora, Orange, and Dynamo.  We were deathmatching it up against some of the Volition guys who had some time to spare...it was an absolute riot and the Volition staff really highlighted the use of the Geo-Mod in the deathmatch as they were blasting tunnels into separate areas and then suddenly...bammo...rocket from nowhere.

That was definitely the most fun I had with that game.  Single player was fine and the weapons were modestly cool.  Lots of style I thought as well...but never really caught on.  Here's hoping that the new game takes geo mod to the next level and they can really make a solid game.  For PC too...
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Roanoke

Never tried it. maybe I should as I seem to be big on nostalgia at the moment. That and Descent 3..... :doubt:

Offline Rictor

Death of strangulation and/or violent injection of cyanide will be involved if they don't port that bloody thing to mac. And if they make it another crappy intel-only lazy CIDER portation, they will drown in theyr own quit pure malovelent piss.

Dude, don't hold your breath. We'll be lucky if the THQ suits decide to port it over to PC, much less Mac.

For those who haven't played it, RF2 was a very average console shooter that had little or nothing to do (plotwise) with the original game. And when ported over the PC, it was largely mediocre compared to the competition.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I've played both, and I prefer Red Faction 2 over Red Faction.  :)

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/36519/THQ-Confirms-Development-of-Red-Faction-Sequel#comments
Farrell continued, “We continue to strengthen our product development capabilities to support our long-term strategy of creating new owned intellectual properties. We look forward to launching Frontlines: Fuel of War at the end of this month. In fiscal 2009, we are well positioned for increased sales and profitability with strong owned intellectual properties such as Red Faction and Saints Row and well-known licensed franchises including WWE, UFC, Disney/Pixar and Nickelodeon.”
Thoughts?
Note how he doesn't actually say anything about making, you know... GAMES. This guy is a Suit with a capital "S".
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I want to use a shotgun to geo mod people.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I want to use a shotgun to geo mod people.

Ever played Soldier of Fortune 2 ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Rictor

Note how he doesn't actually say anything about making, you know... GAMES. This guy is a Suit with a capital "S".
That's why I remain very cautiously optimistic. THQ has the track-record of an abusive drunk. If worst comes to worst, we can always pretend like it didn't happen.