Author Topic: TBP 3.4b release candidate feedback  (Read 11126 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
TBP 3.4b release candidate feedback
Please report your experiences with the TBP 3.4b release candidate release here. If you are reporting a bug here please note that not all bugs can or will be fixed. Check the list of unfixable bugs below. Also, don't post requests for new features, or new ships in this thread. Thanks all.

Unfixable:

1. Black square over buttons (game engine bug)
2. Skullar's epsilon 3 background (promised but never sent)
3. "Drums of War I" mission 3 "Dropping the Sledgehammer" and a background planet had a black square around it (I don't have the knowledge or tools to fix alpha channel issues)
4. Ships (inc B5) don't rotate in multiplayer
5. the RW Mission1 briefing (last stage) has still a incomplete voice file,
6. Asteroid model doesn't display when clicked in briefings.
7. Inferno build crashes in Multiplayer.
8. No rotation in subobject Multiplayer.
9. Cannot assign orders to DH Mothership (supercap object type hardcoded limitation)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: TBP 3.4b release candidate feedback
9. Cannot assign orders to DH Mothership (supercap object type hardcoded limitation)

Huh? If that's true I want that fixed for more than just TBP. What exactly is the issue?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer

Huh? If that's true I want that fixed for more than just TBP. What exactly is the issue?

Supercap modified in objecttypes.tbl to allow it to accept all orders. Has no effect.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Primus Encounter and GQuan Encounter are missing  :blah:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Primus Encounter and GQuan Encounter are missing  :blah:

Won't be fixed. Remember you can release as many multiplayer missions as you like yourself in the future.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Won't be fixed. Remember you can release as many multiplayer missions as you like yourself in the future.

Actually I say "fixed" but that implies a bug or an oversight and it's neither. I included the missions I was presented with as Final at the cut-off time.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Found a bug with shockwaves.  Mantis 1638

Basically if there is a shockwave the damage doesn't work correctly.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

TBP claims that I am out of Discspace and fails to create a new pilot  :confused: :confused: :confused:

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Did it create the player directory?  If it's not there create it manually.  I remember reading about this in some FS2 installs.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Please uninstall. Delete the TBP directory. Reinstall. And ensure the player directory is created without error. If it is not then we have a confirmed installer program bug and the installer links will need to be pulled while it is fixed.

Offline Vidmaster

The player directory WAS there.   

Reinstalled. Problem gone. Lucky me.

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Pretty sure it is NOT an installer bug, A- more that one person would having the issue and B- I tested this on several PCs including an XP 32-bit  system, a XP 64-bit system and a vista system, none of them had the issue mentioned.

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Ok. I would appreciate some comments from people who have had no issues with the new release. I would like to be confident before I promote this to the final version.

Offline Vidmaster

no more problems

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
cool, thanks VM :)

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
No problems on the install but I did copy my pilot and misson directories over before I tried to play.  Have about 4 more computers to install it on.  I'll try to get to at least two of them today.

Offline Vidmaster

about the shockwave bug: is that the one preventing my Shadow base in 2260 M12 from being shattered apart by shockwaves? I remember this one worked some TBP versions ago  :confused:        FUBAR, mind taking a look? I am out of clues  :blah:

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I'm in the process of installing right now and just deleted all the TBP directories over here  so I can't check.  Easy way to check is to edit the mission and turn off the shockwave flag.  If they blow up like they are supposed to then that is the bug. 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Ok. I would appreciate some comments from people who have had no issues with the new release. I would like to be confident before I promote this to the final version.

3 more installs without a problem. 

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Finally got all 8 parts, installed without a hitch (nice installer btw), no problems so far.

Just one thing I'm not sure. Did the command briefings for the EMW demo have voice acting or not ? Because I'm not hearing any, but the briefings work fine.

Anyway, major kudos for putting this highly polished release together :yes: So much for retiring as project lead, eh ;7
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea