Author Topic: VBB: Is it just a nightmare?  (Read 8240 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Vertigo1

  • 'Scaper
  • 28
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
Quote
Originally posted by Admiral LSD
Lets hear it for not reading a thread all the way through (again):

http://vbb.volition-inc.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/007828.html

You explain the same thing three times in a thread and they miss it at least two...

:rolleyes:


Boy, this seems familiar...

Ohh yeah, it must be this thread:

http://vbb.volition-inc.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000863.html

:D
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

 

Offline Setekh

  • Jar of Clay
  • 215
    • Hard Light Productions
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
Quote
Originally posted by MD-2389
Atleast TaS finally bit the dust.  I feel sorry for Plasma. :p  Its gotten so bad that if you even mention TaS in his presense he goes ape****. :D


Now that's funny! :lol:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

 

Offline Razor

  • 210
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
I don't visit VBB very often now. I left it to the newbies and trolls. I enjoy my time here, and I am tired of telling every newbie the same old thing about  you know what, and to waste my nerves to defend myself against idiot flamers.


Hey BTW. Right now I finished playing Freespace 2 on my new 19 inch monitor (screen) and wow I turned off the lights and pushed the graphics to the max :D

I recommend to everyone to play Freespace in total dark. It is so great. Now that is the full experience. :nod:

So anything new?

 

Offline Razor

  • 210
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
Now this is a NIGHTMARE! :mad2:

* Razor smacks his head on the keyboard *

But I won't post anything there. I will stay calm and post something on HLP instead.

Damn it! Those newbies there will never learn.

 

Offline CP5670

  • Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
  • 212
  • 142857
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
I always play the game at night with all the lights off; as you said, it makes for a much, much better experience. ;) (I can't see anything in the daytime anyway with the glare on the monitor)

That topic is actually not too bad; here are some true nightmares:

http://vbb.volition-inc.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/017452.html
http://vbb.volition-inc.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/017447.html

And of course, the completely useless topics:

http://vbb.volition-inc.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/017456.html
http://vbb.volition-inc.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/017446.html

Then there are also the good topics that degenerate into flames:

http://vbb.volition-inc.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/017458.html

I still visit the VBB every now and then despite all this though, since there are some very good discussions in progress admist all the chaos that do not end up in flames:

http://vbb.volition-inc.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/017418.html
« Last Edit: March 16, 2002, 09:18:19 pm by 296 »

 

Offline Vertigo1

  • 'Scaper
  • 28
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
Quote
Originally posted by Razor
I don't visit VBB very often now. I left it to the newbies and trolls. I enjoy my time here, and I am tired of telling every newbie the same old thing about  you know what, and to waste my nerves to defend myself against idiot flamers.


Hey BTW. Right now I finished playing Freespace 2 on my new 19 inch monitor (screen) and wow I turned off the lights and pushed the graphics to the max :D

I recommend to everyone to play Freespace in total dark. It is so great. Now that is the full experience. :nod:

So anything new?


hehe, I played "Into the Lions Den" at midnight with the lights out.  This was my first time playing the game so I had no idea what to expect.  When I heard "DIVE DIVE DIVE! HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!", I just about **** in my shorts right then!  I literally yelled "Holy ****!" out loud and jammed the joystick down and missed the big S by a couple of meters! :lol:
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

 

Offline Setekh

  • Jar of Clay
  • 215
    • Hard Light Productions
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
I've just recently been playing FS2 with AA forced by my Kyro 2... it looks fantastic with high-res AA... :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

 

Offline Kazashi

  • 26
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
I feel somewhat guilty about going to VBB before HLP - unfortunately when I joined there was a huge problem with bumping old posts and general trolling. After a while the place became tolerable, mainly due to the remaining thoughtful Freespace-related conversations that could be participated in. Unfortunately once again VBB is seeing a mass of flaming and thoughtless posting, and the appeal is fading again.

Right off the bat this place feels a lot nicer, I think I should make a point of visiting more often, unless I am considered to be one of those that degrades VBB in which case I wouldn't want to spread such filth in here.
Blatant advertising #1: Keep the Blood flowing!

Blatant advertising #2: Visit TheDDRZone now!

 

Offline Setekh

  • Jar of Clay
  • 215
    • Hard Light Productions
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
Quote
Originally posted by Kazashi
I feel somewhat guilty about going to VBB before HLP - unfortunately when I joined there was a huge problem with bumping old posts and general trolling. After a while the place became tolerable, mainly due to the remaining thoughtful Freespace-related conversations that could be participated in. Unfortunately once again VBB is seeing a mass of flaming and thoughtless posting, and the appeal is fading again.

Right off the bat this place feels a lot nicer, I think I should make a point of visiting more often, unless I am considered to be one of those that degrades VBB in which case I wouldn't want to spread such filth in here.


I've experienced exactly what you have; that's why I left permanently. This place is much more friendly and productive. I love it. :)

By no means are we condescending - quite the opposite! We welcome anyone who comes, unless they break the rules, in which case we would rather help you fix your problems, instead of just chucking you out on the streets. That serves no-one. Here, read the HLP FAQ. :)

www.3dap.com/hlp/faq

Make yourself at home. ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

 

Offline Ulundel

  • Big press poppa
  • 210
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
Quote
Originally posted by MD-2389


hehe, I played "Into the Lions Den" at midnight with the lights out.  This was my first time playing the game so I had no idea what to expect.  When I heard "DIVE DIVE DIVE! HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!", I just about **** in my shorts right then!  I literally yelled "Holy ****!" out loud and jammed the joystick down and missed the big S by a couple of meters! :lol:


I was eating when the "lion's den" mission started and we all know what happened... :headz:

 

Offline Kazashi

  • 26
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
Quote
Originally posted by Setekh


I've experienced exactly what you have; that's why I left permanently. This place is much more friendly and productive. I love it. :)

By no means are we condescending - quite the opposite! We welcome anyone who comes, unless they break the rules, in which case we would rather help you fix your problems, instead of just chucking you out on the streets. That serves no-one. Here, read the HLP FAQ. :)

www.3dap.com/hlp/faq

Make yourself at home. ;)


Thanks for the welcome, and the link :)

Time for me to get into something productive and learn some new things. I think I'll try and help TAP with those model conversions for a start.
Blatant advertising #1: Keep the Blood flowing!

Blatant advertising #2: Visit TheDDRZone now!

 

Offline Stunaep

  • Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
  • 210
VBB: Is it just a nightmare?
Quote
Originally posted by MD-2389


hehe, I played "Into the Lions Den" at midnight with the lights out.  This was my first time playing the game so I had no idea what to expect.  When I heard "DIVE DIVE DIVE! HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!", I just about **** in my shorts right then!  I literally yelled "Holy ****!" out loud and jammed the joystick down and missed the big S by a couple of meters! :lol:


The first time I played, it scared the hell out of me, but I survived. On my second time through however, I forgot the big S and smashed right into it.

I must have been bumped at least 20 clicks away
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey