Author Topic: FS Frenzy 2002  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I missed it. :(
How did it go?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Grey Wolf

I wouldn't know. I was busy working on MODs and Operation: Underground.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ugh.  I tried almost the entire day Saturday to log in, unsuccessful the entire time.

The only thing I can think of is that my login was never validated at the PXO end.  I never got a confirmation message, despite me sending email after email and even visiting the manual validation page.

In the future, how can I get somebody from PXO to validate me?

For those who could actually get in, I hope it was fun.  I wish I could have been there. :(

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Couldn't get in...every time I tried to play multiplayer, FS2 crashed, and no one played FS1 :mad: :doubt:
-C

Offline Cetanu

• http://165thbdhr.com/

go to pxo:
http://www.parallaxonline.com ->accounts ->register new account.
insert your settings (name , nickname etc.)

after clicking ok you will never get an answer via mail but you can validate manually. go again to pxo:
http://www.parallaxonline.com ->accounts ->validate manually
insert your settings again and vóila, you have an working account.
Work is the curse of the drinking class
Keeper of BDHR's Holy Grail of Beer

Valid PXO/F2NETD multiplayer missions - mirrors: 1,2
Additional valid F2NETD multiplayer missions - mirrors: 1,2
Voicefiles for these missions - mirrors: 1,2

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It went very well in general; I was on for a few hours yesterday towards the end of the FS2 portion. I would have been there for FS1 as well but I had an operation on Friday and was feeling too weak to get on the computer much. I saw quite a few new faces there that I have not seen before as well.:)

ack...the post reply/submit new thread buttons are reversed again, hehe

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

you can validate manually. go again to pxo:
http://www.parallaxonline.com ->accounts ->validate manually insert your settings again and vóila, you have an working account.

Yeah, but I *did* visit the manual validation page.  See above.  I tried validating several different login names, and none worked.

The funny thing is, I also tried "change email address", thinking that the system would kick me out if it thought I was trying to change the address of an unvalidated name, and it let me change the addresses of names that weren't even validated.  So I still don't know if the names truly validated properly or not.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by CP5670
It went very well in general; I was on for a few hours yesterday towards the end of the FS2 portion.

Great! Lots o' people? :)

PS. an operation?! Damn, dude? :o What happened? Are you okay?
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Hey, thanks for the concern.:) It was actually a series of operations done in sequence; lets see...something called "turbinoplastic surgery," another one named "nasal septum deflection correction" and two more I can't remember. (lol I can never remember these weird medical terms:D) For the last year or so I was basically suffering from an extremely bad cold which was pretty much perpetually lasting and had a variety of other effects that interfered with my daily activites. In the last month or so it was getting worse, so I tried a variety of medications and antibiotics to see if it would go away. When none of those had any effect and the various doctors I consulted recommended the operation due to some messed up organs in my nose, I decided to go for it.;) My nose is now stuffed up once again, but this time with blood from the operation (:p:D), but it should clear away in time.;)

The procedure went fine, except that at one point after the operation, when the anesthetic was still in effect, the doctor and nurses said that I was mumbling in my sleep about hypocycloids and some weird math equation. :D:D (I can't remember doing that though)