Author Topic: Multiplayer Help  (Read 3083 times)

I'm having trouble seeing online games.  I've followed all the multiplayer set up to a tee, but I can't see multiplayer servers in game. I can see my user account and the active games on FS2NET when I log in and alt-tab out of the game, but it just keeps saying "No Game Servers Found" in game. I used Turey's installer so I'm running 3.6.9. My FS2Net username is rhraziel. I know I've seen a server in the multiplayer menu in game before, but the last couple times, I'll see it on FS2NET, but not in game. It could be possible that other people are using the 3.6.10 media vps and I am not, but I'm not totally sure how to set my installation up to use 3.6.10. Any suggestions? 

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Make sure that your firewall makes an exception for FS2, as well as using my hint from the other thread.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Make sure that your firewall makes an exception for FS2, as well as using my hint from the other thread.

Thanks Cole, I'm port forwarding 7808 and 7117 on my router and I have the fs2_open_3_6_9.exe file as an exception on my Windows firewall. I'm not sure how to tell if a game is running 3.6.9 or 3.6.10 so I'm never sure if that's the issue or not. I'll put myself in the DMZ and disable my Windows firewall if I see another game just to try to totally eliminate a firewall issue.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
On FS2NetD, you can select which version of FS2 games you want to see in the dropdown menu to the left.

And also, you probably won't, but some users get problems with Vista. Most of them have been fixed now, though.

What's the leaf/quill thing on the address bar?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

On FS2NetD, you can select which version of FS2 games you want to see in the dropdown menu to the left.

And also, you probably won't, but some users get problems with Vista. Most of them have been fixed now, though.

What's the leaf/quill thing on the address bar?

That's an RSS reader extension for firefox called Sage :). So All of the 3.6.10 Servers will be under the "3.6.10 Test Server" in the mod select section? The games I was seeing were under the "Freespace2 Open" section. Really strange, I'm at a loss. If I see another game, I'll try to connect again and let you know what I find. Oh, one other thing, I found a multiplayer log in my mediavps/data folder. I'll attach it. Not sure if it will be any help or not. I've *ed out my password. :)

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
This is an old classic most likely. You're sending packets to the server and his NAT is eating them. Unless it's someone you know is likely to be setting up their server and firewall correctly the error is probably at their end, not yours.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
it could be the other olds chestnut as well ......

some times it can take about 5 minutes for fs2net to clean up after a game has finished , so you could have logged in as someone has logged out and on the fs2net page the game is still up but actually on the server it has left..................

all intelligent life forms please translate this into plain english

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
Error 6402: Impossible to translate. Incorrect Syntax. Please try again
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Offline jedimasterseth

• ~#fLinT#~
    • MySpace
If you want to do a test, I can host a game tonight and see if u can join Rha? Let me know (am free about 9pm GMT)
Jedimasterseth a.k.a FLINT

Error 6402: Impossible to translate. Incorrect Syntax. Please try again

haha, good stuff. Sure man, I'm actually just getting off work then but I'll be able to test around 15 after. I'll let you know how it goes.