Author Topic: Weapons! We need YOUR help!  (Read 47112 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Re: Weapons! We need YOUR help!
I was saying this to Galemp- why did you download ED when you had my SAH upgrade?

And if you really dislike the ED Avenger, maybe use the one in Twist of Fate?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Well, actually I am glad I downloaded these, because they're fun and I like what they've done. :)

But I think the weapon trails are definitely too much. I may use them for Huge turrets, but I think the classic FS1 weapons should be blobby.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Here is the Synaptic bomb. I made the Stiletto as well but the wings look a bit weird. What do you think?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
The nose needs to look more angular, and the wings should not have the right angle piece. Otherwise good.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
The nose of the Stiletto is actually a tiny Harbinger. :)

And I think the fins should have a little more of a scoop on the inside. Double-check the profile against the Command Brief animation.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:08:08 pm by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
The MX-50 ANI is now done... although like all user-made ANIs the background doesn't look exactly the same.

Download Me

IceyJones, if you can post your Fury I'd love to take a look at it.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Do you even need an ani?  Won't most people have ship_choice_3d turned on anyway?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
For primaries, you still need the ANI.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline blowfish

But the MX-50 is a secondary

Offline Droid803

I guess they want one for all of the weapons, for the people that don't use ship_choice_3d.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Remember, FSPort is designed to work with retail. :)

I've updated MX50.zip with the in-game and tech models. It should be all set as soon as that missiles-not-rotating-around-the-center bug is fixed.

And just for good measure, a quick hack at the Interceptor using IceyJones' model. It needs a little more texture work, and there's a bit of a glitch with the shadows, but this'll do for now. :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 09:42:15 pm by Galemp »

Offline blowfish

The MX-50 model looks really gooood!! ;7

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Synaptic SSANIs are all done.

I think I'm gonna do animations first, then models.

All updates will be in the VP posted in the first thread. Phoenix V is here!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 08:33:59 pm by Galemp »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Admiral Cheater and IceyJones, we owe this all to you. :) I still need that Fury and Stiletto!

The first post now has a download link for a VP with everything so far. That will be updated as things get better.

Offline Droid803

Didn't IceyJones already post a link to his GTM Fury (along with the interceptor and hornet)?
(´・ω・`)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
He posted pics, but only the Interceptor model.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
My only gripe is that the green grid should be more glowy, but ignore me.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I will, especially since they're even more glowy than Volition's originals.

EDIT: Oh, you're going by the images I posted. Those are done without the post-processing glow FX. The ANIs have a glow.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Wait. Why do this? Can't you just use the .ANIs from retail FS1?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
They're not the same style, size, or color, they don't loop correctly, and they have the text pre-rendered onto them instead of specified in the table entry.

Try it, by all means, but when I did I didn't like the results.  :ick:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 06:04:13 am by Galemp »