Author Topic: Weapons! We need YOUR help!  (Read 46955 times)

Re: Weapons! We need YOUR help!
About the empty bit, I left it empty because I wasn't sure what that part should look like. I can't really see it in the ani. What do you think should be there?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It actually is hard to tell, but you could probably get away with using a half-size cylinder or something. Don't forget the barrel things on the back end.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Don't the ends of those tubes transition into the main body, instead of just... stopping?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Posting the .blend for ya, Galemp.

http://files.filefront.com/ML+16ablend/;11278869;/fileinfo.html

Don't know why I couldn't find it in the blender folder.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Working on the S-Breaker now.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:33:42 pm by Cobra »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I always thought the Shield Breaker looked too cool to be a Shield Breaker. I thought it should be like a massive grenade launcher.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
What I'm doing on the back

Screw canon, my version looks better than being held up by an attachment and cables (which will be done by Galemp since I can't figure out how to do them properly. :nervous:)

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Create a circle & extrude for the straight bits, and then for the bends place the cursor as the centre of the curve you want to create in the pipe. From there in the edit buttons panel,look for the Mesh tools section. In there you want the "Spin" button, along with the degrees, clockwise/counterclockwise and steps settings. When you press spin, blender will extrude rotate the specified steps count in the clockwise/anticlockwise direction, to the degrees you specify. It uses your view direction as the axis of rotation though, so make sure you're looking at the circle side on for it to work right. :)

There are other ways of making cables, but this is the quickest and easiest one for neat piping.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Stop press!

Given that the FSPort is transitioning to FS1-style interface art and animations for the next release, we've got just about everything we need. Weapon loadout animations will be ripped from the FS1 weapon anis and edited appropriately, while ship animations will be redone in the FS1 style using the high-poly models (where available.)

All we really need now are in-game medium-poly models for some of the missiles. I'll let everyone know when the art is ready.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Now all we'll need are the FS2 missiles.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
What about the primary weapon effects? Noone made anything here yet. I edited FSPort to use some of the weapon bitmaps that I found/collected ( ML-16, Avenger, Prometheus and Banshee ), though they're not like what I'd want to see in FSPort.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Those would be nice. :nod:

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I could probably find them on my hard drive, package up and send them to you? Though I haven't made the effects, only found them in other mods and modified FSPort.

Also, I modified FSPort to use the HTL Lucifer ( unshielded though ) and the mediavp subspace maps. Plus edited the final mission to have some random music, but that's unimportant.

Offline bob_v5

hi people.
I didnt read the whole thread, too busy playing... Anyway, my 3d modeling skills arent great, but if there are any weapons still need doing I would be happy to give it a shot. If somebody could give me a link to the info about what format it need's to be in, and a sugestion of which weapon to do...... anyway im off to blow stuff up now.
bye!

Edit- guess I should of read it all, would of answerd my questions...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 12:07:20 pm by bob_v5 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
We're good for interface weapons, since we're using the FS1-style ones. We do still need in-game missile models, though.

Check the sticked Status thread.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
That's it. :nod:

You can export your model to .3ds format, and anyone can open it. If you're feeling creative, give the Railgun or VLL a shot; if not, model the EMP missile, keeping it low poly. The tech room model can be up to 1000 polies but the ingame model ought to be less than 100.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Railgun and VLL you say? You mean effects?

Offline bob_v5

Me again. What I'm about to post is totaly the wrong thing, and there is no texture, and it's not finished. However it is for two purposes.

1.. I've never used blender before. I need to learn how.
2.. I would like you guys to tell me if the quality was good enough that you would consider using it.(if it was a model of the right thing)

I expect there are un-needed verts, its getting late and I wanna go to bed!
If the model is good enough, please tell me where I could find source images. I'm guessing the "Tech" means for the tech room, and "fx" means in game. "fx" implies there is something more to it than just model + texture, and I don't have a clue about that stuff......
Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions, but if there is some sort of faq about this stuff I cant find it.

edit: the .3ds is in the .zip atacthment if ya wanna look.
me sleep now.................

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
'Tech' is the spinning model you see while you're assigning weapon loadouts. FX is in-game, and represents redrawing the bitmaps and/or adding particle effects like the MVPs do with the FS2 weapons.