Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3064062 times)

Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over <number goes here> (posts)
I lost my driver's license today, and the California DMV can't be bothered to have an open appointment for me to head in and get it replaced until September 4th.  FML.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I thought I'd be one of those deaf-nonsense posters.

Standalone Forum Thread?
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Pressure difference might be ****ing up your ear, give them a call and describe the situation. If it doesn't get better in a day or so, go get checked up.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I thought I'd be one of those deaf-nonsense posters.

Standalone Forum Thread?

Dibs on the Tachikoma body with the gatling gun.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
decided to pull a john snow after all? its always a major confidence booster when you manage to make a sex addicted whore scream so loud they can hear her from 4 apartments over. all of the sudden 3 women who would have never given me a moments notice wanted to be my friend. i ended up having sex with 2 of them.

A while ago actually. She mentioned always thinking about it when she showers

As for your ventures, I just have to say "Noice"
"No"

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
I wonder if I was the only forum member who was concerned when you said you'd bought a gun, given the things you've said here on this very issue. Not saying it was necessarily right for them to take it away, mind you.

Fair point. That's probably what caused this whole thing in the first place
I have views, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be suicidal
"Views"? :wtf: That's not what I remember. I just dug up some posts to refresh my memory. That said, I admit I'm getting pushy and won't push this any further.

WHIYL: Catcher in the GenDisc
Might as well have one somewhere, right?

Catcher in the GenDisc
What does this mean?
Oh all right, I'll help you out.

finally went to a doctor to check my ear out that's been hurting off and on for a couple months.  of course, i do this on an "off" day and they can't find anything wrong.  except what they say is a lot of wax but didn't really seem like that much to me.  the doc proceeded to dig it out with what must have been one of those dentist pick things.  felt like she was stabbing my ear drum.  now my OTHER ear hurts and hasn't stopped bleeding yet.
That sounds really bad. You should probably do something if you haven't already.

And yeah, the only medical wax removal technique I've heard of is the one with water jets that Lorric was talking about. Using a pick sounds like a terrible idea on so many levels. :nono:

I lost my driver's license today, and the California DMV can't be bothered to have an open appointment for me to head in and get it replaced until September 4th.  FML.
Oh yes, the joys of the CA DMV. You could always show up with a good book or mobile game(s) and wait in the line for people without appointments. I think the line can be short depending on the time of day.

Just saw Pacific Rim.

Story and writing were ****, but I didn't expect anything out of that anyway. Kaiju vs Giant Robots, **** YEAH! :D
I saw it a few weeks ago. It dragged in ways that STID didn't, but overall it was a good time. I still don't understand why people couldn't have used cannons to shoot down the kaiju instead of relying on big, expensive robots, given how effective projectile-launching weapons are IRL. Firing cannons wouldn't make for a good movie, though, especially not one with the special effects budget this one must have had.

Spoiler:
It made no sense for the guy to survive at the end. That was probably just to please the audience. Presumably he'll end up dead in the director's cut.

In other news, in the face of all the crazy **** going down at work lately (that last one hit like a ton of bricks), I still have a job (for now at least), my cold of one week is finally (almost) gone, and now it's the weekend. Time to celebrate, I guess.

Offline Lorric

Catcher in the GenDisc
What does this mean?
Oh all right, I'll help you out.
Thanks.

But I still have no idea what he meant by it!  :D

finally went to a doctor to check my ear out that's been hurting off and on for a couple months.  of course, i do this on an "off" day and they can't find anything wrong.  except what they say is a lot of wax but didn't really seem like that much to me.  the doc proceeded to dig it out with what must have been one of those dentist pick things.  felt like she was stabbing my ear drum.  now my OTHER ear hurts and hasn't stopped bleeding yet.
That sounds really bad. You should probably do something if you haven't already.

And yeah, the only medical wax removal technique I've heard of is the one with water jets that Lorric was talking about. Using a pick sounds like a terrible idea on so many levels. :nono:

Maybe he should complain. The more I think about this, the more stupid and ****ed up it seems to me. Especially if the doctor has done him an injury.

Well, I actually managed to find my license, so I don't need to head down to the DMV at all and I can go drive again and buy booze.  Very nice news for me. :D
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Yay, production proofreading.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
First day of my fall semester starts tomorrow!

Offline Aardwolf

Been optimizing my physics 'n' stuff. Multi-threaded some more of it... I'm on a dual-core PC so the best I can get from that is 2x speed. Used data structures that don't have to allocate and deallocate memory all the damn time. Simplified maths in a few places.

Physics is now down to ~21.1 ms :D It was like 30ms at the beginning of this week. Still a ways to go to get things going 60hz though.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Trippy exploration of whether or not individual people see color the same way, and what that implies.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
First day of school and Murphy's law is already in full effect. Even though I own a physical copy of the book and registered it online last year, I had to buy the access code for the same exact book again (for $100), simply because it was a year ago. In addition, the purchase says it went through, but the course isn't listed under 'My Courses' for the MyMathLab website.

I e-mailed my teacher and the book company and hope to have this sorted out by Wednesday. I hope all that needs to be done is that the instructor needs to confirm me as his student.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:00:28 am by Nakura »

Offline Lorric

First day of school and things are already going wrong. Even though I own a physical copy of the book and registered it online last year, I had to buy the access code for the same exact book again (for $100), simply because it was a year ago. In addition, the purchase says it went through, but the course isn't listed under 'My Courses' for the MyMathLab website.
What the...? I've never heard of anything like that, why do you have to pay for something you've already bought? And what kind of book costs $100?

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
First day of school and things are already going wrong. Even though I own a physical copy of the book and registered it online last year, I had to buy the access code for the same exact book again (for $100), simply because it was a year ago. In addition, the purchase says it went through, but the course isn't listed under 'My Courses' for the MyMathLab website.
What the...? I've never heard of anything like that, why do you have to pay for something you've already bought? And what kind of book costs $100?

It's stupid, I know. I don't know why I should have to pay nearly a hundred dollars for something I just bought a year ago. Apparently your online access to the book (and by extension, the homework) expires after 6 months though (when the class ends).

The college kind, unfortunately. It was only $92 actually, but that's nothing. College books (where I live anyway) can be upwards of $200 each. I have to pay for all of my books out of pocket too.

Offline Lorric

Yeesh. It sounds like an absolutely blatant rip off to me.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
Yeesh. It sounds like an absolutely blatant rip off to me.

It really is. The book itself costs $140. So really, I just spent $92 for online access to a book that I already own and, by extension, already had online access to previously.

And you thought video game companies had bad DRM?

Offline Lorric

:lol:

Really don't like that they can do that. It's flat out extortion.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
:lol:

Really don't like that they can do that. It's flat out extortion.

Making poor college kids go millions of dollars into debt = Freedom