Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061724 times)

Offline Qent

Re: Whatever Happens In Your Life - Reality Has Left the Building
my general chemistry professor put a lighter to a balloon full of hydrogen. dude nearly lit himself.
My chemistry professor had the lighter on a very long stick. Because he's smart like that.

Actually he did the demo three times with different ratios of hydrogen and oxygen IIRC.

Offline iamzack

my professor used a camping lighter, and partially crawled under a desk to do it. he's lucky the projector screen didn't catch, it was like two feet from the balloon.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm at Beijing airport and the gate has the same flight number but different destination from my ticket.

Woohoo! The magical mystery tour begins!
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I'm at Beijing airport and the gate has the same flight number but different destination from my ticket.

Woohoo! The magical mystery tour begins!
Engrish or perhaps a multidestination flight?
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Nope. The chinese also says the same destination. The people on the gate are now saying the flight is to the destination on my ticket but the plane is now delayed due to bad weather.
* karajorma looks up at blue skies.

Maybe they mean at the destination but people there tell me it rained a little earlier and has stopped now and the flight is too short to have much bad weather in between.

Ironically I'd probably be there already if I'd taken the train instead.

I remember the physics professors at my school having a contest to see who could put the biggest dents in the lecture hall ceiling with a magnetic ring launcher (what they were justifying this as was a demonstration that electrical resistance decreases at lower temperatures: the colder the ring, the higher it would fly when electrified).

And our chemistry lab was quickly derailed the day they allowed us to play with liquid nitrogen. 'Nuff said.

College can be very fun.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
They finally updated the board to the correct place.

Of course it's AFTER the plane would have left if it had been on time and therefore useless to everyone but that's not too surprising.

I remember the physics professors at my school having a contest to see who could put the biggest dents in the lecture hall ceiling with a magnetic ring launcher (what they were justifying this as was a demonstration that electrical resistance decreases at lower temperatures: the colder the ring, the higher it would fly when electrified).
And college professors want us to believe they're not as immature as the rest of us...
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline iamzack

hey snailie:

in other news, i've been super depressed all week, but i've been able to hide it from all the real life people so far
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:17:30 pm by iamzack »
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
And college professors want us to believe they're not as immature as the rest of us...

Hah, my father is a college professor (and a, widely-respected in UK circles, doctor) of Civil Engineering. And he's one of the most immature (in a kid-like way) men I know. All of my professors tend towards immaturity as well, but that could be a biological sciences thing :p
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
hey snailie:

in other news, i've been super depressed all week, but i've been able to hide it from all the real life people so far

DEER! BANG! mmmm, foood!

you know what really helps with depression? crack! and crystal meth too! yay!
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Just got released from my NDA over the Star Ruler beta, as it is actually releasing very soon :D

Congrats to Blind Mind Studios on their first commercial release are in order
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
We got the entire pre-game lineup on the field (if not in presentable game-day fashion), and we got our first piece of show music.  Jump by Van Halen.

Oh, it's going to be a good year.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
our band did that my freshman year.  they did a whole van halen show.  it sounded like ****.  terrible arrangements.  jump was the only one remotely recognizable
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Yeah, well, your band must have sucked (unless it was a high school band, and then that's kind of a given).

The K-State band is freaking amazing.

Offline Aardwolf

AUGHHHHH.

Bad day.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
my day hasnt been too hot either

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
my mom is angry because of the amount of venison on the menu, so i sent her to bed without dinner.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
my roommate is trying to get me to tag team one of his hoes with him...   :nervous:
I like to stare at the sun.